It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low flying lights, has anyone else seen these?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ok, I have seen enough of these now to finally put myself out there and ask WTF??

I was out with my wife last night for dinner and stepped out to the car to get a cigar. I looked up and there was a low flying (I'm guessing a couple thousand feet)
light. I would normally chalk it up to an air plane or helicopter since it appeared to be flying at the same general height but there were no tell tale 'blinking lights' that one would expect from and airplane or helicopter.

What it looked like was a satellite that I'm sure we are all familiar with. A solid light traveling steadily and smoothly in one direction. Yes but it was flying very low. WAY TO LOW to be a satellite. So I will expose my ignorance and ask for your help before I lose my mind trying to figure out what these objects are. This is the third time in the last year.

Edit to add, I forgot the most weird thing about it. As I stood there and watched like an idiot in the parking lot for about maybe thirty seconds, it just disappeared. Now, weather or not it physically disappeared or just tuned its lights off, I don't know. But there were no clouds at that time.
It seemed to BE a light rather than HAVING lights.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Jesus H Christ]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

Could it be a Chinese Lantern, there was a Radio 2 section on the boom in sales of Chinese Lanterns here in the Uk....

Just a thought...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
First of all, I'd like to thank you for posting this even though you don't really know what you saw. You are not crazy. Lots of times I see oddities in the skies but I don't mention them because I don't know much about identified flying objects either.

I started watching the skies when the chemtrails were at their worst last year. Many weird things are flying around up there.

One evening, just past dusk, my family was out back on the patio and we all saw 3 red lights moving in a westerly direction as if they were connected to each other but thousands of feet apart. We all saw it but none of us knew what it was. We were just like, hey did we just see a UFO?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Me and two friends also spotted a low-flying-light a few weeks ago. It was definitively not a helicopter or airplane due to the way it was moving, and it seemed to be glowing by itself. (not like a light you can see on planes at night) It was not even dark outside so this seemed very strange. Dont think it was a sat either, way to low, and not moving as steady as I imagine a sat would. We followed the light-ball-thing a few minutes until it dissappeard up into the skies again.

Dont have any real suggestions to what it can be, just wanted to share my story as it seemed very similar to what you describe. And i am very curious to any possible answers

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

WAY TO LOW to be a satellite.

Just curious, but what knowledge or experience did you use or do you have to judge the altitude of a light in a night sky in order to qualify your assumption?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
What it looked like was a satellite that I'm sure we are all familiar with. A solid light traveling steadily and smoothly in one direction. Yes but it was flying very low. WAY TO LOW to be a satellite. So I will expose my ignorance and ask for your help before I lose my mind trying to figure out what these objects are. This is the third time in the last year.

ISS? Have you seen the website: heavens-above.com ..? You could start tracking and have a look when its due back and compare when you see it again...

The ISS is way bigger looking than a satelite, ATS Link

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Are you serious man?lol. I am not even going to get roped into that discussion. Somehow I think you typed that with a straight face.

I never gave exact altitudes. I simply said that it seemed to fly at the same height as an airplane or helicopter. Not your commercial airliners mind you, but the smaller airplanes. It is a guess. I didn't realize that I had to bring factual data and supporting evidence along with my credentials and sources in order to ask if any one has seen these.

Take a hike.lol.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I spotted the same thing in the UK,VERY low....and being tailed by an even lower helicopter!

I saw a report from someone saying the same thing was seen later that night in Austria(3 am).
May i ask....was it heading East?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Judging the altitude of a light in the night sky (without sound) can be the most misleading thing you can do is what I am saying. Like others have said, if you saw the ISS passing by a 9K altitude Piper Cub you would be hard pressed to determine which one was higher.

If one chooses to suspend critical thinking in an effort to believe in the least probable explanation this subject will never be taken seriously.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLily

Actually it was heading east.

I live in the outskirts of St. Louis Mo. and while I am not an Altitude or aeronautics expert I know the difference between LOW and HIGH lol. This was flying too "LOW" to be a satellite as satellites tend to be very "HIGH" in the sky.lol. I will see if I can earn a degree in aeronautics asap so that I can come forward with some authority next time.lol.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

If one chooses to suspend critical thinking in an effort to believe in the least probable explanation this subject will never be taken seriously.

I think you need to read the op more carefully. Further more I don't know what "subject" you are speaking of as I have made NO assumptions as to what it is that I keep seeing. I asked a question. You will find that I tend to ask more questions than I give answers.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedev

The ISS is way bigger looking than a satelite, ATS Link

Did you try my link..? This is what the ISS looks like to me, It does look low, no..?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by weedev

Thanks for the link and yes this is pretty much what I saw.
I laugh at the notion that the video you linked was the ISS. I suppose we will all have to see for ourselves before there can be any true understanding. Once you see what ever it is that myself and others apparently saw then you too will laugh at the ISS theory.
But, thank you none the less for your input. It is valued all the same.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I've scanned for similar descriptions in recent sightings and have found only one that wasn't heading East.I wonder why that is?

I'm no expert and my tape measue just isn't long enough

What i DO know,is that the helicopter literally buzzed the village,loads of people heard it(not surprising considering we could see the hint of chopper windows and that it was flying tail slightly up)and the object was flying infront and slightly above,no craning of neck neccessary!

If my partner had taken a pic of me with that in the background and i'd done that pinch thing to make the background object look like it was between my thumb and forefinger(do you know what i mean?)m thumb and forefinger would have had to be about 2cm apart.

Oh if only i'd had a pic!
I could've come on here and had my 'True,real,non-flarey/cgi/reflected spotlight/on my own life' pic ripped apart by a whole host of debunkerers!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

reply to post by weedev

Thanks for the link and yes this is pretty much what I saw.
I laugh at the notion that the video you linked was the ISS. I suppose we will all have to see for ourselves before there can be any true understanding. Once you see what ever it is that myself and others apparently saw then you too will laugh at the ISS theory.
But, thank you none the less for your input. It is valued all the same.

That is what the ISS looks like from here in Scotland, it is posted here: Heavens Above and shows on time and looks like that! I'm not trying to fool anyone here...

Have you seen the ISS to say it is not or very like it..?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLily

Sounds like a classic example of ISS to me. It can appear to be be deceptivly low at times, what with all of the new panels they put on it.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what sort of knowledge or experience to you have in order to qualify your assumptions that it was a helicopter that you saw? Furthermore, what knowlege or experience do you bring to the table to support your assumption that your thumb and forefinger were actually 2cm apart.Could they have been 3cm apart? It is very dangerous to make uneducated ussumptions and will only hinder the serious research into this subject.

-end sarcasim

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by weedev

I suppose I will need to research this. It should be easy enough to do.
Near St. Louis Mo, approx 11:00 pm July 22nd. Shouldn't there be a way to trck where it was at that time? That would certainly put an end to the ISS theory.

BTW, thanks for your input and help. It is appreciated.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.. I just wanted to add my experience as it is kinda similar.

About a month or so ago I was outside in my backyard at night about to have a smoke when I felt compelled to look straight up. As I was looking at a cluster of stars overhead a light just seemed to appear in the middle of the cluster. I thought that was sort of strange but just figured my eyes were adjusting and I hadn't seen it before. However, as I watched, this light started to move very slowly across the sky. At first I thought it was a satellite (I enjoy stargazing and am familiar with the differences between satellites, planes, meteors, etc.) it moved uniformly just like a satellite and appeared to be quite high up there. However, after it had traveled about an inch or so (from my perspective) the light just seemed to fade away like a meteor being snuffed out. I continued to stare at the sky but it never came back into sight.

This was the first time I had ever seen something in the night sky that I just couldn't explain. I have been looking up there more often recently but haven't seen anything like it since.

*sorry, just wanted to add if I didn't make it clear, where my experience differs from OP's is this object seemed to be pretty high up. Obviously I could not know for sure but based on it's movement,light emitted (and size) and the lack of any sound I would not have guessed that it was low flying.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Amatheus]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Looks very likely : Link no history but you get what I mean...?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Amatheus

We see things up there that make us go hmmmm? I wonder sometimes if our ancient ancestors did the same thing then made up stories that became legends that became religions?

Nowadays, we have "scientific authorities" to tell us what we saw. Same thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join