It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ''acted stupidly'' while discussing Harvard arrest

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
here is CNN's version www.cnn.com...

This is more unbelievable crap from the Obamameister.
He says he wasn't there, he doesn't know what happened,
but yet he makes a statement that the Police ''acted stupidly'' in arresting Henry Louis Gates Jr. The Harvard Fool.

Obama is just blindly throwing Presidential momentum behind the ''racist Police'' rhetoric of the Liberal Leftist Black Nationalist Anti-American Communist Crusade... uh.... Jihad.

The guy is digging deeper by the day. He'll be in China by the end of the year!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

lets talk about the yankees finest team poised to go to the world series again for they have aroid and joba now if you tax joba too much he wont be able to send as much money back to home to his mother in nebraska but the last time i checked she still had a key she used for her front door and didnt have to beat it in to get home

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
So you mean to say that Obama said this about the police because Obama is black, like the Professor? If a white Prof had been arrested, would Obama have said the same thing? If a white man was arrested by black policeman, the it would have been interesting to know Obama's comments.

I wont say Obama is racist, but as a Prez he should not comment on such matters. (I know that the Prof knew Obama personally)

[edit on 23-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Look at the Politco version... www.politico.com...

Damn! Obama is a damned idiot! How can he say this stuff?! Is he off the teleprompter?

He's my friend.
He ain't do nothing to nobody.
Word. Police done did him wrong!
Where's Jesse?
Where's Bubbles?!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Here's the thing. He wanted to tackle this issue. We all know that these press confernences are staged with predetermined and loaded questions. So why hit on this recent issue? Simple, to further seed that racial divide that this administration is striving for. To remind his unconditional supporters that he's there and has their backs.

And I have to totally agree with the OPs statement. This was absolutly stupid and irresponsible of the president to touch on prematurely if at all.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyr Sog
Here's the thing. He wanted to tackle this issue. We all know that these press confernences are staged with predetermined and loaded questions. So why hit on this recent issue? Simple, to further seed that racial divide that this administration is striving for. To remind his unconditional supporters that he's there and has their backs.

And I have to totally agree with the OPs statement. This was absolutly stupid and irresponsible of the president to touch on prematurely if at all.

why would the police put this man under arrest for breaking into his own home AFTER he proved he lived there??? yeah...this happens to white people all the time.... righhhttt....sure it does...absolutely... wink wink.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Here it is... the Police report.... www.amnation.com...

Get it fast before it is gone.

The whole thing was set up. Obama's friend Gates was play acting. The officer writing the report is very suspicious because of this phrase, repeated twice, ''A Break In Progress''. The officer writing the report says he was confused by Gates' obviously over the top behavior. Gates did not show DL first. He refused [this right here is enough to get the Police on your case]. He simply showed Harvard ID. He yelled at the officer. He was repeatedly told to cease. He refused. That is all it takes right there, black or white or alien, you are pushing it too far and you will be arrested. How does a Harvard man not know this? It is play acting. It was set up.

Gates said the front door was not securable from a previous break attempt so how could he not get in? Why did he need assistance from a second person? This is reeking of set up and play acting.

Anybody... is ''break'' the correct Police term for a ''break in''????????

The timing of this is very suspicious and it seems like Obama is the one experiencing a ''break in progress''.

There is definitely something conspiratorial going on with this event, Obama's relation to Gates, and the current political and legal wrangling over health care and global warming [cold war] that the Leftists changed to Climate Change for their Man Of Change.

Get some people on this!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I can't stand these kinds of stories.

...........flame-proof shield activated............

Did anybody else notice the two BLACK OFFICERS standing at the scene also participating in the arrest?

Did anybody bother to thank the woman that called the police because she saw TWO MEN forcing their way into a house?

Did anybody else say to themselves: If I was that belligerent and nasty to a police officer while he/she was questioning me, I, too would be arrested?

Doesn't Obama have bigger things to worry about than this?

When are people going to realize that RACISM still exists because people are so intent on making it an issue?

Why can't this be as simple as: WHITE and BLACK police officers responded to a call in which two men were reportedly breaking into a house. When police officers arrived and began questioning the suspects, they were met with belligerance, disrespect, and were forced to bring the men into the station for further questioning. Once questioning was completed, it was found that the two men were the proper residents of the house and subsequently were released.

The end of the story. Period.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

why would the police put this man under arrest for breaking into his own home AFTER he proved he lived there??? yeah...this happens to white people all the time.... righhhttt....sure it does...absolutely... wink wink.

Why, because as early reports had reported this man was absolutly off his rocker and disorderly when the police arrived. Nor did he show is driver licence. Now with proof of that with the police report and even with quotes from gates to the officers in the boston globe prove. None of us including the POTUS(well he probably did but claimed he didn't) knew the details when Obama commented on it. Now the details are emerging showing gates to be a arrogant prick and provocateur. He wanted the confrontation and the police(both black and white) wern't going to have any of it. They where there just doing their job.

And you are absolutly off your rocker if you don't think this kind of stuff happens to whites. The only difference here is it doesn't make national media(even before the facts) and certainly doesn't make it to a presidential press conference.

Moral of the story. Dispite how right or wrong the cops are you answer yes sir/ no sir and show some respect. If wrong then you'll see your day in court and have your peace with the officer there. If you decide to have it out at the scene, will man it up and accept the consequences.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sergeant at eye of storm says he won't apologize

www.boston.com...

Time to investigate him and his children, ruin his life, and make sure we know who he voted for.

Check his credit standing too.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Gee this is the second thread with almost the exact same title...

mush loosebowels must be telling his dittoheads what to think again.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Sergeant at eye of storm says he won't apologize

www.boston.com...

Time to investigate him and his children, ruin his life, and make sure we know who he voted for.

Check his credit standing too.

Yep, good for him!

Also, skimming through the readers comments on the page. Looks like once again Barry pissed off his base. Good news as week after week he seems to be solidifying his ousting at 4 years. Thank God!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Did Obama just create another "Joe the Plumber?"

American born Presidents just don't comment on things like this.

See something strange going on at your neighbors house? What to do....just ignore it...or...call the cops and risk the wrath of the President of the USA?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So, he shouldn't comment or have an opinion on this because he is black?
Or is it just any president who shouldn't have opinions?

Also this post by:

THX-1138:
He's my friend.
He ain't do nothing to nobody.
Word. Police done did him wrong!
Where's Jesse?
Where's Bubbles?!

Is that how all black people sound inside your head? Is this how you translate the clearly eloquent and educated president, because he's black?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't think that the President should be commenting on the arrest of an individual.

From what I've read, it sounds like the Professor was being obnoxious. Perhaps he deserved to be arrested.

Whenever I deal with the police, I do it politely. If this had happened to me, I would have produced my id and then thanked the officer for looking out for my house. If the professor had acted in that fashion this never would have made the news.

The professor created the incident and expected the officer to cow tow to him because he is a professor.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Police union condemns Obama's comments

thehill.com...

Pascoe said it appears that Gates was the "provocateur" because he called Officer James Crowley a racist instead of producing identification as requested.

On Thursday, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs sought to walk back the president's comments.

"Let me be clear. He was not calling the officer stupid, OK?" Gibbs told reporters on Air Force One. "He was denoting that ... at a certain point the situation got far out of hand, and I think all sides understand that."

I don't know who I dislike more, Obama or Gibbs.

wbztv.com...

"There was a lot of yelling, there was references to my mother, something you wouldn't expect from anybody that should be grateful that you were there investigating a report of a crime in progress, let alone a Harvard University professor."

According to the police report, Crowley asked Gates to talk outside, to which he responded "Yeah, I'll speak with your mama outside."

lol

Bill Cosby ’shocked’ at Obama’s statement on Harvard prof’s arrest
features.csmonitor.com...

www.thesmokinggun.com...

[edit on 023131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

Obama said that the officers acted "stupidly", but doesn't know all the facts in the case.

Hmmm, how about finding out the facts, President Obama, before sticking your foot into your mouth?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
www.bloomberg.com...

Obama said that the officers acted "stupidly", but doesn't know all the facts in the case.

Hmmm, how about finding out the facts, President Obama, before sticking your foot into your mouth?

Why would he bother with facts?

He didn't even know what was in his stimulus package

or,

his health care bill.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Moral of the story. Dispite how right or wrong the cops are you answer yes sir/ no sir and show some respect. If wrong then you'll see your day in court and have your peace with the officer there. If you decide to have it out at the scene, will man it up and accept the consequences.

Originally posted by Wildbob77
From what I've read, it sounds like the Professor was being obnoxious. Perhaps he deserved to be arrested.

I can not understand this point of view. A man was arrested for exercising his First Amendment Rights. The fact that this occurrence is being made a racial issue or a political issue is a disservice to the issue at hand. If Americans wish to retain any of their remaining liberties they are going to have to start defending each other when those liberties are violated.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by harvib]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join