It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bottled water companies win fluoride battle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Bottled water containing fluoride is expected to hit shelves within six months in a move that has irked anti-fluoride crusaders.

Australia's food safety authority decided to allow the voluntary addition of fluoride into packaged water today after lengthy appeals by the Australasian Bottled Water Institute.

Bottled water companies argued that lifting restrictions would increase consumer choice.

Source Link: www.bellingencourier.com.au...

I'm glad to see that we in the U.S. aren't the only one's fighting to keep our water fluoride free, this has been a hard fight and it looks like the fight is getting harder and harder. Who ever the power's that be truly are, it is sure clear that they want to keep as many people in the population regardless of where they live on this earth dumbed down and dassel.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Its getting very hard. I have written to Rudd on this and got the blow off explanations. I got there is not sufficient qtys placed in the water to do any harm then a heap of quoted numbers etc. Wished I had of kept it now, I was soooo pissed off that I threw it. But I do have the original Email... I think.
Honestly they think we are stupid.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
How does it increase consumer choice to have nothing but fluoridated water everywhere? Seems to me like that is limiting our choices.

Anyhow, I figured that all of the bottled water was fluoridated in the first place, since it is essentially TAP WATER FROM THE FAUCET!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

I hear ya about getting so pissed that you threw it away. What gets me about his explaination, he says their isn't enough placed in the water suppy to do harm so that also means that their isn't enough to do good so they should simply stop putting it in or water suppy or at least lable them so we can make our own choices. Great posts.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Supermarket shelves are packed with all sorts of suppliments and minerals etc.

If this really is good for us, why put it into the water?

Surely it would be better to have Fluoride suppliments in pill or liquid form that you could take if you wanted to?

Putting it into water, bottled pop, etc etc, is a weird way to go from a health standpoint, as the dose given cannot be accurately measured.

One person may drink a few litres of water a day, another may never drink water. Another may drink a few litres of water and a few glasses of fizzy pop, and may get too high a does in comparison.

If it was in suppliment form, a person could take a measured, accurate dose daily, if that was their choice.

Putting it into a water supply, is a highly suspect move.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Water has fluoride in it naturally, same as many foods do. Water from an underground source has the highest concentrations of naturally occurring fluoride. Heck, seawater has like 1.3ppm of fluoride in it, and it’s certainly not from the government dumping it in the ocean. This is more likely about them not having to remove the existing fluoride, which saves them money, as it is about adding additional fluoride.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
i find the fluoride issue extremely underated. it is a major issue that need to be scrutinized more closey.
the "voluntary" addition of fluoride to bottled water should of occured before the addition to public water supplies. that is not saying i condone fluoride consumption on any level.

i believe it is an unnecassary process costing taxpayers money and the public inconspicuous health issues.

DOWN WITH FLUORIDE!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

why wouldd they add addition sodium fluoride to drinking water? prevention of tooth decay>?
sodium fluoride is in tooth paste also... but as far as i know sodium fluoride does not reduce tooth decay on any level.

calcium fluoride on the other hand does and i don't see them adding that to drinking water or toothpaste.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Water has fluoride in it naturally, same as many foods do. Water from an underground source has the highest concentrations of naturally occurring fluoride. Heck, seawater has like 1.3ppm of fluoride in it, and it’s certainly not from the government dumping it in the ocean. This is more likely about them not having to remove the existing fluoride, which saves them money, as it is about adding additional fluoride.

Yeah! flouride is natural in our drinking waters here in Scandinavia as well!

Some places are showing very high numbers deep in the ground water reserves!

So I guess I'm leaning towards your explaination about things, where they don't need to remove the existing flouride - which saves them money.

A lot of money!

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Calcium fluoride is a completely different beast to sodium fluoride which is the byproduct or simple waste of many manufacturing processes...the bottle companies want to add sodium fluoride to their water.Many studies show it does nothing for your teeth,it's simply companies getting rid of a waste prodyct and making a dime by putting it in something as essential as water.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Even The American Dental Association no longer recommends using fluoridated water for infant formula for infants up to the age of 1 year. With tap and bottled water both containing fluoride it makes it difficult to avoid, without resorting to the more expensive pre-mixed formulas. Breast milk contains virtually no fluoride at all and is considered the perfect baby nutrient, but sometimes it's just not possible.

www.ada.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

strange
In Europe they supposedly just banned fluoride from all water consumables

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

What sort of fluoride?

Sodium fluoride?

Or calcium fluoride?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Alcoa: monster producer of sodium fluoride, commonly added to drinking water by USA's government.

www.zimbio.com...
sodium Fluoride - which according to the Merck Index is primarily used as rat and cockroach poison and is also the active ingredient in most toothpastes and as an “additive to drinking water”. But sadly, there is much more to this sordid tale. greaterthings.com/Lexicon/F/Fluoride.htm

Did you know that sodium Fluoride is also one of the basic ingredients in both PROZAC (FLUoxetene Hydrochloride) and Sarin Nerve Gas (Isopropyl-Methyl-Phosphoryl FLUORIDE) - (Yes, folks the same Sarin Nerve Gas that terrorists released on a crowded Japanese subway train!). Let me repeat: the truth the American public needs to understand is the fact that Sodium Fluoride is nothing more (or less) than a hazardous waste by-product of the nuclear and aluminum industries. In addition to being the primary ingredient in rat and cockroach poisons, it is also a main ingredient in anesthetic, hypnotic, and psychiatric drugs as well as military NERVE GAS! Why, oh why then is it allowed to be added to the toothpastes and drinking water of the American people?

Historically, this substance was quite expensive for the worlds’ premier chemical companies to dispose of - but in the 50’s and 60’s - Alcoa and the entire aluminum industry - with a vast overabundance of the toxic waste - SOMEHOW sold the FDA and our government on the insane (but highly profitable) idea of buying this poison at a 20,000% markup and then injecting it into our water supply as well as into the nation’s toothpastes and dental rinse. Yes that’s right folks, a 20,000% markup. Consider also that when sodium Fluoride is injected into our drinking water, its level is approximately 1 part-per-million (ppm), but since we only drink ½ of one percent of the total water supply, the hazardous chemical literally ‘goes down the drain’ and voila - the chemical industry has not only a free hazardous waste disposal system - but we have also PAID them handsomely in the process!!

Independent scientific evidence over the past 50 plus years has shown that sodium fluoride shortens our life span, promotes various cancers and mental disturbances, and most importantly, makes humans stupid, docile, and subservient, all in one neat little package. There is increasing evidence that aluminum in the brain is a causative factor in Alzheimer’s Disease, and evidence points towards sodium fluoride’s strong affinity to ‘bond’ with this dangerous aluminum (remember it is a byproduct of aluminum manufacturing) and also it has the ability to ‘trick’ the blood-brain barrier by imitating the hydrogen ion thus allowing this chemical access to brain tissue.

I thought this was quite disturbing. Simply put, our government created mega profitable deals for these corporations to dispose their toxic waste. We the taxpayers are literally buying this toxic waste product and dumping it into our water supply! Not only are we saving them the huge expense of disposing this properly by poisoning ourselves with it, we are buying it at a 20,000% profit to them!

Greatest country in the world? I believe it's time to demand some proof. America the scandalous, at best!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Sodium fluoride is a toxic waste byproduct, its not the same thing as naturally occuring fluoride.

www.zimbio.com...

Independent scientific evidence over the past 50 plus years has shown that sodium fluoride shortens our life span, promotes various cancers and mental disturbances, and most importantly, makes humans stupid, docile, and subservient, all in one neat little package. There is increasing evidence that aluminum in the brain is a causative factor in Alzheimer’s Disease, and evidence points towards sodium fluoride’s strong affinity to ‘bond’ with this dangerous aluminum (remember it is a byproduct of aluminum manufacturing) and also it has the ability to ‘trick’ the blood-brain barrier by imitating the hydrogen ion thus allowing this chemical access to brain tissue.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote

What sort of fluoride?

Sodium fluoride?

Or calcium fluoride?

Ya! has to be the calcium fluoride which exist in our nature with the mountain granite ground, au naturel right?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Originally posted by Symbiote

What sort of fluoride?

Sodium fluoride?

Or calcium fluoride?

Ya! has to be the calcium fluoride which exist in our nature with the mountain granite ground, au naturel right?

Yes calcium fluoride is natural and Sodium fluoride is a toxic waste byproduct that is "added" to drinking water etc and in turn gets into our food if it is cooked with the laced water. So you see how you are being posioned slowly so to speak . Even if your water does not have it added to it (Sodium fluoride) the food you eat out of cans, bottles ,pop etc could and most likely does have Sodium fluoride in it as the processing plants may be useing the tainted water to cook and perserve the food.
I guess you would need to find out where they get the water from and if it has the added Sodium fluoride, if they have their own well then it maybe ok but if they use city water,so to speak, then if the city is adding Sodium fluoride then its in the food they package, can, bottle or what have you.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Reevster]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
i guess everyone is gonna have to be as dumbed down from fluoride as they can get before the new world order trots out their next big crisis

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker

Its getting very hard. I have written to Rudd on this and got the blow off explanations. I got there is not sufficient qtys placed in the water to do any harm then a heap of quoted numbers etc. Wished I had of kept it now, I was soooo pissed off that I threw it. But I do have the original Email... I think.
Honestly they think we are stupid.

That happened to me when i urged them to stop GMO's they peed me off with the letter too i was going to scan it. I thought they were trying to make me stupid too by them acting stupid. They think their letters will shut us up. They even mentioned bee colony collapse and also mentioned that many flowers and foods in Australia are already Genetically modified.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Supermarket shelves are packed with all sorts of suppliments and minerals etc.

If this really is good for us, why put it into the water?

Surely it would be better to have Fluoride suppliments in pill or liquid form that you could take if you wanted to?

Putting it into water, bottled pop, etc etc, is a weird way to go from a health standpoint, as the dose given cannot be accurately measured.

One person may drink a few litres of water a day, another may never drink water. Another may drink a few litres of water and a few glasses of fizzy pop, and may get too high a does in comparison.

If it was in suppliment form, a person could take a measured, accurate dose daily, if that was their choice.

Putting it into a water supply, is a highly suspect move.

I only drink water and its a fishy move as i buy distilled water from the shops and if i cant have my distilled i want our guns back. LOL! Just wait till codex alimentarius, i hope everyone will be sustainable by then.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Applesandoranges]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join