It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Grows Impatient While Waiting For Food - Brandishes Gun At McDonalds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
In defense of the Police Officer, ..... Mcdonalds had just begun selling the McRib. what ??? its limited edition !!!!

Or perhaps he was in a rush to get to Dunkin Donuts before they ran out of Jelly's. This cops not a villian, he's just multitasking. I wouldn't imagine trying to hit the streets without having brunch covered.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

He probably was mistreated at the checkout wherever it was.

If we required a four year degree, we'd have very few cops, and not enough to maintain what we have today.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

You actually do not need millitary training to be a cop, only a diploma or ged, and then go to the academy.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

If we required a four year degree, we'd have very few cops,

That is a good thing.

There is nothing wrong with having fewer men in Black Uniforms.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

He probably was mistreated at the checkout wherever it was.

If we required a four year degree, we'd have very few cops, and not enough to maintain what we have today.

No we wouldn't. The intelligent cops that want there jobs would get their degrees. Then again, if we required some form of intellect of our officers in the first place, we wouldn't have this conundrum would we? Besides, we could always Grandfather the system.. mandate all new hires have 4 year degrees, military service or not. Makes no sense to take 20 something soldiers with GED's and a few years in Iraq, giving them a gun and telling them to "protect and serve". In all honesty, the system in place now is hardly different then Military Policing, as the vast majority are ex-soldiers with no civilian qualifications.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Telling.

I know men who have bachelors degrees, in nearly everything, yet are the most racist men you'd ever meet.

Tells to me, an education which may help, does not control the actions of a man. May help but we'd still have the problem.

But really who wants to be a police officer these days:

Stop snitchin
Cop Killers as a proud state of people in some neighborhoods
Cops are Pigs.

Who really wants to be the most discriminated group out there, and become that person?

Really what intellectual wants to be that of which is most discriminated against?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

It is sort of scary when you think about the fact that a lot of these cops tooling around out here are fresh out of Iraq and Afghanistan and possibly less than stable.

Nothing against the troops who are trying to acclimate, but we don't really need some PTSD case walking around waving guns at people and thinking he is back in Basrah somewhere hunting for insurgents.

Plus the whole ultra gung ho mentallity isn't very effective when dealing with US citizens. Maybe this has something to do with all of the recent stories of cops flipping out and choking people and spraying old ladies with pepper gas.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Criminals. They are the ones who want to be cops.

That way, they can choose not to arrest themselves for their crimes.

Haha! Sad but true!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Well maybe if they done thier jobs properly, instead of acting as judge and jury, then maybe the public would nothave a problem with them. They are servants of the public. The public are not the servants of the Police.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
What's the cop's name? The article says:

Derrick Curtis, 29, Saunders also face charges of prohibited use of a weapon, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.

If his name is Derrick Curtis Saunders, why do they call him "Derrick Curtis, 29, Saunders"?

I guess anyone can have a bad day but most of us don't go around waving guns when we do, fortunately.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I believe the name thing was just a typo in the article, but I did wonder that myself.

And even though I have wanted to wave a gun around at a few restaraunts in my day (usually when they screw up my order and put onions on my food) I realize that doing so would easily land my butt in hot water and likely a jail cell.

Maybe he found out McDonalds doesn't sell bear claws?

Bad cop....no donut

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916

You actually do not need millitary training to be a cop, only a diploma or ged, and then go to the academy.

Every department has different qualifications.

However, most departments do require at least an Associates Degree unless you have military service.

And although there are a plethora of tests that one must go thru before one is accepted......it is impossible to 100% impossible to test every personality or character flaw that may arise.

The guy was an idiot and he is being held responsible - but does not represent ALL cops. Just like the ridiculous teachers who sleep with their students do not represent ALL teachers.

BTW....this McDonald's is in the same building as a gas station and convenience store (I drive by it every day). If he wanted donuts, he could have walked inside

[edit on July 23rd 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

as the vast majority are ex-soldiers with no civilian qualifications.

Any proof or facts to back this up?? Or is it just opinion?

Because I have a ton of cop friends who never served in the military and most have 4 year degrees.

Are many cops former military? Yes. But while in the military, they do receive education - many get their degrees while serving.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I dont think that all cops are bad or dangerous, violence happy psychopaths who get off on bossing people around....nut it seems that the stories of cops doing really F'd up things these days are piling up and there has to be a reason.

Maybe cops have been corrupt and over aggressive for decades, only now there are people with cameras and a hungry media who are eager to catch them in the act.

I dont know. But I do know a high number of these guys are former active duty military, maybe just a coincidence or maybe by design. But one has to stop and wonder if they are coming back from tours of duty and joining these local police forces looking for the same type of action.

This isn't Afghanistan, it is America. And cops whipping out guns where there may be children present simply because they are too impatient and wound up to wait for their McChicken sandwich is inexcusable.

So no ALL cops are not bad by any means, but it does seem like a high number of them believe they are above the law, and they dont seem to have much regards for the safety of the folks they are paid to serve and protect.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
First thing that crossed my mind...

Some time ago there was also this story about a police chopper which landed on top of a Donut shop to get their daily recipe, haha what a stories..

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thats sick..a public servent brandishing his state isued weapon all over an order of fries and a burger. insane...
HMM Wonder if he is one of those ex convicts or gang members reported to have been being hired by police forces? Makes ya wonder...sounds like someting someone fomr the ghetto would have done!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I got pulled over for speeding a few days ago and the cop let me off with a warning, said too many drivers in that area were driving too aggressively and tailgating so he just wanted to make sure everyone was driving safely. Totally cool guy and downright friendly - he was doing his job and doing it in a completely professional way. Day and night compared to this jackass.

It's "cops" like this one that destroy the public's confidence in the police. I agree with some of the earlier posters that the police must have severely lowered their standards, but then with a recession and unemployment raging like they are police agencies can be choosy about who they hire. So how do they get hired? If my area is any example, bozos like this one get hired not because of some stringent hiring guidelines or academy training, but because of cronyism and nepotism. Bet dollars to donuts this maniac has a relative or some connection on the "inside" who decides who gets hired and who doesn't.

Let's hope this nutjob gets treated like any of us when it comes time to prosecute, and not another case of a cop doing something illegal and just getting suspended without pay or simply fired, when anybody else would get jail time and a nice criminal record to go along with it.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What a great story.

Thats some of what s out there in the streets now, crazy lunatics ready to do battle and above the law.

What a sorry sack.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join