It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Grows Impatient While Waiting For Food - Brandishes Gun At McDonalds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Cop Grows Impatient While Waiting For Food - Brandishes Gun At McDonalds

news.yahoo.com

AURORA, Colo. – A Denver police officer has been charged with felony menacing for allegedly brandishing his gun at a McDonald's restaurant after getting tired of waiting for his food. Derrick Curtis, 29, Saunders also face charges of prohibited use of a weapon, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.

An employee at the Aurora restaurant told investigators that two Denver police officers were waiting for their food at the drive-through window May 21 when one grew impatient and pulled his gun.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
cbs4denver.com

[edit on 7/22/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
What the heck is going on with the police these days? And what kind of people are they hiring and bringing into the academy?

I can remember when most cops were well respected and revered members of a community and people looked to them for guidance, good sense and protection.

Pulling a gun at the drive thru window of a restaraunt because you are sick of waiting for your order? And the world get's a little bit crazier every day that passes by.....

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/23/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Wow...

Thats pretty intense... at least the moron didn't actually shoot someone.

It's good to see a cop actually getting hit with charges when he breaks the law.

Really though, I hope they bust him on the felony... this man has no business owning a gun after that...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

What the heck is going on with the police these days? And what kind of people are they hiring and bringing into the academy?

The kind without mustaches.

When I was growing up all the cops had mustaches and were much less brutal.

There has to be some connection....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What kind of cop eats at McD's ?

That is even more disturbing IMO.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

The kind without mustaches.

When I was growing up all the cops had mustaches and were much less brutal.

There has to be some connection....

I think you may just be on to something there......

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Pulling a gun in a crowded restaraunt because you are sick of waiting for your order?

You might want to read your news story again.

It mentioned that the cop was in the drive through, so he wasn't in the restaurant.

I guess you made the 'crowded' part up too? That wasn't mentioned in the news article either.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Pulling a gun in a crowded restaraunt because you are sick of waiting for your order?

It mentioned that the cop was in the drive through, so he wasn't in the restaurant.

I guess you made the 'crowded' part up too? That wasn't mentioned in the news article either.

Yes I noticed that after the fact, thanks for pointing that out. Either way seriously a bad idea, and Im guessing there were people present because it became a news event.

Edit - there.... I edited that part just for you

[edit on 7/23/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

According to the article, the officer was at the drive-through window when he pulled his weapon.

There's isn't anything more said about it.

Of course, if accurate, it was an outrageously irresponsible act and he deserves to be prosecuted.

I really don't think that this officer is representative of law enforcement.

Perhaps the better question is, what's going on at fast food stores that not only are people getting mad enough to call 911, but now cops are getting mad enough to pull their sidearms?

Both responses are over the top and inexcusable, but there is a trend here.

[edit on 2009/7/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Yes I noticed that after the fact, thanks for pointing that out. Either way seriously a bad idea, and Im guessing there were people present because it became a news event.

Sometimes I have seen two people at the drive through window. One person passing extra 'food' to the one already at the window.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out... It doesn't seem like the other cop told any lies to defend his partner's honour! You think that the word of two cops would be believed before the word of one employee.

Would there be security cameras at the drive through windows?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This guy was having a serious Mac-Attack. My uncle used to have them, ... waking up in the middle of the night screaming for Mac.

If I worked for Mcdonalds I would turn this into a commercial.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I suggested in an other thread yesterday that America should consider replacing it's entire male police force with women.....

(or better yet, mothers)

Not only would things like this ,and other primitive displaying of supremacy, belong to the past but i would make for better viewing also.

Oh well, that would probably bring with it a whole bunch of new problems.

Peace

[edit on 23/7/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

You're completely right, a cop pulling a gun on the employees at McDonalds is much better then waiving it around in the dinning room.

I seriously thought it was refreshing to hear the pig actually charged. Usually in every case like this when a pig sees red and takes out his childhood trauma on innocents, he just get suspended with pay for 30 days and then you never hear about it again. Glad to see the police force and the local DA doing the right thing.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Mmmmm Mc-Roid-aliscious!

-

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Day after day after, MORE and MORE stories of coppers doing something they arent supposed to be doing. More and more reasons to not like them. Cops are so damn predictable. lol

F'ing rediculous. I'm sick of cops.

Peace

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Poor guy, his threads keep getting ignored

Hopefully one day he'll be acknowledged.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
maybe the cop has had one too many big macs. those things mess with your brain.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
maybe the cop has had one too many big macs. those things mess with your brain.

Are you alluding to some new strain of Mad-Cop Disease now?

-

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Wow.. that man really wanted his bigmac...

Whats wrong with police? ...

To be a Police Officer.. you need two things:

High School diploma.. or a GED

Military service..

If you don't have military service, a college degree is generally required.

So essentially we have a huge police force of undereducated adrenalin junkies.. given guns, tasers and the legal right to kick peoples heads in. To be a cop you should have to have at least a 4 year degree, where part of the curriculum is Constitutional Law, as well as empathy training.. And aside from SWAT, I see absolutely no reason for police to be trained by the Military.. in fact, it should be prohibited unless the soldier went and got a 4 year degree.

It shouldn't be surprising we have ignorant fools like this police officer threatening to shoot innocent people for his cheeseburger..

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

That's funny. I've been hearing that more and more lately........."he's not like most cops", "you're generalize all cops". Well there as hell seems to be a lot of them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join