It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama literally encourages Americans to "take the red pill" (quote)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

"If there's a blue pill and a red pill, and the blue pill is half the price of the red pill and works just as well, why not pay half price for the thing that's going to make you well?" he asked. (The reference to the blue vs. red pill no doubt reminded some viewers of the 1999 film "The Matrix.")

Source

www.cbsnews.com...

I don't know, I wouldn't read too much into this...basically I think its a funny slip. Maybe a Freudian slip, who knows.

[edit on 7/22/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I think he doesn't have a clue what the red and blue pills are. He is actually in that quote saying take the blue pill isn't he?

Since he doesn't put any difference on the pills aside from color, sounds more like generic medicine vs branded medicine rather than anything philosophical.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I thought it was funny.

But in current politics.

Blue = Democrat
Red = Republican

He was encouraging you to take the cheaper blue pill perhaps to remain asleep if you want to use the Matrix analogy.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Surprisingly Matrix was released on March 31st, 1999. Just a little over the 10 year anniversary mark.

Who knows maybe PBO got the special edition DVD as a gift from the UK just recently.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by gravitybender]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Since he doesn't put any difference on the pills aside from color, sounds more like generic medicine vs branded medicine rather than anything philosophical.

That was the same impression I received from his statement as well. I hope that he does realize however that Generic branded medications are most of the time not as effective as their Name brand counterparts.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The telepromtor is in control. So, of course it had to be the blue pill.

kinda creepy if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
well, he could've used any other color, but why red and blue like in the matrix?

At first, you think nothing of it but he's been repeating it quite a bit now?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
the title is wrong. obama is for the blue pill in his quote.
stay asleep. nothing to see, here, neo.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Why wouldn't I take the blue pill Barak? Because there is a 9 out of 10 chance that my doctor said you need to take the red pill because the blue one is not as effective.

That is why Barak. You aren't a doctor, hell your not even qualified to be the president. Now you know everything about about medicine?

Barak how about you take the blue pill and go back to dreamland?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

Because mauve pill and teal pill sounds kinda awkward?

@hastobemoretolife:
If your doctor refuses to prescribe you generica because "they don't work" i suggest you change doctors

as for qualifications: quote kennedy: "There isn't exactly a school for presidents [either]"

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

better be careful.. you will have an arse load of anti-obama conspiracy nuts going wild over this one... wait.. I smell one.. Oh BULLOCKS!!!! here they come now.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
beh...I am neither pro- nor anti-Obama. I see him as a dwindled figure, a sock puppet, a symbol of the delicine of the power of the US presidency, and not much more. The real powers are weilded by other, shadowy figures, from the Goldman Sachs Almuni Societies (more formally known as the Treasury and the Fed) to all sorts of unsavory and even more hidden figures. Focusing on Obama (either pro or con) is a red herring, a detour down a blind alley to a dead end if you ask me.

I just thought the quote was funny and might be kind of interesting to the ATS crowd, who would get the reference instantly.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

If your doctor refuses to prescribe you generica because "they don't work" i suggest you change doctors

as for qualifications: quote kennedy: "There isn't exactly a school for presidents [either]"

I didn't say work, I said "as effective".

Obama aint no Kennedy, and Kennedy also didn't have a voting record consisting of mostly of presents.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

You did read too much into it.

I'm sure that's commonplace at this website.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Y'all are correct. He wants you to take the blue Democrat sleepy pill.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
i'll tell you where you can put your blue pills buddy...

-

[edit on 23-7-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

neo was run as the fool in the matrix billybob, controlled mostly by vampiric overseas who was sucking and tapping into his life force and soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they run a symbolic encryption.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
When it comes to people's lives why even screw around, you give them the best and don't worry about cutting corners,

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePunisher
reply to post by billybob

neo was run as the fool in the matrix billybob, controlled mostly by vampiric overseas who was sucking and tapping into his life force and soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they run a symbolic encryption.

This might be the single strangest post I've seen on ATS to date.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The blue pill is levothyroid and the red pill is synthroid, the blue pill does nothing to wake you up but leaves you drowsy and confused. America is washed up by the fluoride in the water that is wreaking everybody's thyroid function. Now Obama wants to keep them all asleep so his Nazi neocon buddies can slaughter them more easily.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join