It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could You Survive Without Money? Meet The Guy Who Does - And is Happier Than He has Ever been

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

How do you know these awomen are perfect? You have never spoken to them in your life..... They could turn out to be the most heartless women in the world then what would you do with your beautiful dream?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hey folks!
I come from tha first occupated colony of USA ... err? I mean i´m from germany!
When i was 18 i decided to make a backpack-trip around the world.
Before this, i was in a technical education in a steelwork near Hamburg. In that time, i´ve got healthy-problems i stopped the work and got a good amount of money for it.
So then i was travelling from here to there (Australia, Thai, India, US,italy, switzerland, France) but didn´t find the right place to stay... ( i wanted to write a book about 2012, but that´s now irrelevant)
....until i was robbed in spain! i was standing in the middle of nowhere, without money, without help! only got my backpackwith a tent and sleeping bag. Even the embassy won´t help me out with a lift back to germany! this was in Jerez de la frontera. From there some nice guys helped me out with a lift to cadiz, the biggest town nearby.
In cadiz i met a german hippie, who showed me some places where some alternative communities lay...
THEN my jurney just started!
When i came outside the city, i realised something inside me is in change. At first i was a bit afraid ´cause of no money, no food, no water and so on... But then i checked i don´t need this illusion of securities!!! And from this point i only needed to think in something... and it came to me! FREE!
It was an wonderfull expirience that changed my mind forever...

Maybe now you ask: Why did he come back to babylon?
Easy: I wanted a family! I wanted someone to share this "wonder".
so got back to germany cause i wanted someone who understand my way of thinkin´. someone who has the same backround in education and so....

sry for my bad english... i´ma bit out of training!

peace

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
blackops have you read the "ringing cedars" it shows you how to live without money without having to live in a cave. You build community too!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

So where does the book suggest? Is there some magic loophole that will keep the fed from going Waco on you for breaking any number of their laws by living on their land?

In the U.S. at least there is no way to get around the "trespassing" this lifestyle entails or the laws regarding the kings deer, kings soil, kings trees, etc...

It's inly a matter of time before the fed wastes a billion dollars sending in tanks, copters and troops to shoot you or arrest you Ruby Ridge style.

I've wanted nothing more going on 20 years now to head up into the White Mountains and just live the hard life money/tax/tech free until I die but there is no way to avoid the inevitable government assault on your person for doing so. The only way you might escape it is to lay really, really, low and hope no one ever sees you. No hunter, hiker, ranger or squirrel.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

So where does the book suggest? Is there some magic loophole that will keep the fed from going Waco on you for breaking any number of their laws by living on their land?

In the U.S. at least there is no way to get around the "trespassing" this lifestyle entails or the laws regarding the kings deer, kings soil, kings trees, etc...

It's inly a matter of time before the fed wastes a billion dollars sending in tanks, copters and troops to shoot you or arrest you Ruby Ridge style.

I've wanted nothing more going on 20 years now to head up into the White Mountains and just live the hard life money/tax/tech free until I die but there is no way to avoid the inevitable government assault on your person for doing so. The only way you might escape it is to lay really, really, low and hope no one ever sees you. No hunter, hiker, ranger or squirrel.

The question is what laws will you be breaking? The distraction laws? Someone who lives the Amish type lifestyle sis breaking all the rules?
There is already a petition to the government to give the people free land to use to grow food which gives back to the economy. Although like usual it maybe the voice of the people wont be heard. The book does give hints on how to live without modern ills but it also still needs to mention what people cannot live without until that wisdom is discovered. Anyway the book reveals how alot of things can be diverted. Somettimes you need to read between the lines.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Sounds like there is a modern day version of Henry David Thoreau/Waldon Pond type guy out there that you've stumbled upon. For the reclusive types I guess it'd be fine and there are many already out there living a relatively primative lifestyle by themselves. For those more socially inclined there are communes in existance right here in the USA. From what I understand from the series "Happy Days", the younger males would like issues of "National Geographic" that told featured tribes of one sort or another in one local or another, but I suspect it was for the visuals, not that they actually would prefer that lifestyle. That was then; by now I suppose that many of us occassionally entertain thoughts of either like to going back to the 50's in America or to the jungle instead of dealing with the mess that confronts us at this time. Should you decide to stay with the masses, please do what is within your power to help make this a better place for those that come after us. Respectfully, Michael

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

The Amish arent breaking any law in their chosen lifestyle but they are still subjected to property taxation. This is a big reason they do some pretty horrible things to get their hands on cash. Puppy mills for instance.

Trespassing laws and hunting/fishing land protection laws keep people off of federal land and property taxes keep anyone and everyone in a share-cropping state. To pay your property taxes you need an income. Earning an income subjects you to income taxes thereby reducing the sum you have left for the property taxes forcing you to reduce your property or increase your income. Eventually you end up in a drywall apartment in some soul-sucking city courtesy of government. A government that has been steadily working to chorale all Americans into urban grids.

You come up with a way to avoid all this and I'll be forever in your debt.

Between federal laws making everything you do in the wilderness a crime and taxation locking you into the working/earning cycle there is no way to avoid your arrest or death at the hands of the government.

Unless your idea of independence is just some panhandling bum on a city street. Then you'll be safe. My idea of independence is a homestead handbuilt and out of governments reach.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I might seem to be nitpicking but he is not living without the use of money exactly is he? If he is scavenging bits and pieces, those bits and pieces were paid for by someone else using money. If he relies on friends to feed him at times then he again is using the products bought by someone else's money. If he has large buckets of rice and beans, either he was given them (bought with someone else's money) or bought them with his own money. So it seems he is still dependent on (or happy to use) the products bought by other's money and is not self sufficient.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Is he married?

Does he have kids?

If yes to either one, how do they feel about this.

If no, I figure either no longer.

Wait till he gets cancer, an infectious disease, or any other thing, then it won't be so well

Sure this 'evolved' form of life is not so peachy but it has it's ups and downs.

Suelo's been here for three years, and it smells like it.

Me thinks he has no wife.

Those poor, poor mountain goats.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Republican08]

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Republican08]

lol

I highly doubt he's married but that being said neither am I and I got the opportunity to do, and did do, for over a month what he's doing. Only difference was no dumpster diving I was in a secluded area with no population anywhere near me.

Infections and such are not a big deal if you know what to do and use on them. Most people jump to this conclusion right away due to not being educated about common plants and such, that are just as effective as the doctor's office for anything other than injured organs or broken bones.

If he did stink and was near a river, then he wasn't bathing properly or chances are had his hair grown out. It is best to stay bald in this case nothing like a bunch of insects, lice, etc. to make you day into an itch fest. Not to mention it will knot up and start to smell after time. That's all assuming he had no access to soap or didn't make his own.

Winter is what killed it for me. Nothing like trying to bath in 40 degree F water or cooler, it just doesn't work lol. Not to mention you reek of smoke something fierce after having to build fires almost non stop to stay warm.

Anyone who has taken the initiative to do it would realize it isn't all that hard and is way less stressful than typical life. After all, all you have to worry about is food, water, fire, shelter and bathing.

Personally for me if I was in a climate that had no winter I would do that and try to hold down a job for a year at the same time just to see if it is possible to do both. Not sure how I would submit my tax form though lol that might get kind of complicated.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The best way is to be invisible.... when you can achieve this, you can achieve anything ; )

The way of the World is as it is because that is how they want it...... why don't you try being a Wolf for a change?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

No metal of any sort in any amount either if you don't wish to be detected...very primative indeed, but not impossible! Think about how great an expanse you have with Canada and Siberia, with a take off point of Alaska. If things got really bad, I'm fairly certain that you'd hook-up with like minded individuals. The Amazon River Basin"d be a good bet too. I have a feeling, just a feeling, that if you are of a small enough party, and that if you get out early enough while remaining remote enough, that no PTB will consider you threatening enough to pursue...watch planet of the apes if you haven't already and then adapt the idea to current/near future times.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

The problems that plague modern American society are at their root spiritual in nature...and I include in those problems religious and political fanaticism.

The myths that inspire a nation, a society, a civilization in our case are fading and cease to inspire, to motivate...not on the individual level mind you...but on the national level...

life has been degraded into being a consumer...a voter...an account number and we are none of those things.

This man is simply experiencing what Thoreau wrote about in Walden....

Most men live lives of quiet desperation

And if you reject the lies and fantasies of modern society, it has to be spiritually liberating.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'm not willing to risk the little freedom I have against imprisonment or being shot to death by some shock trooper. Not yet anyway. I want the homesteaders life for a better/freer life. Not because I have nothing to lose or a pile of debt or some other nonsense I'm trying to escape from.

Way too risky to throw my current life away in exchange for one that could be cut short at a moments notice not by natural causes or by my own mistakes but by authoritarian oppression. Should I venture off into the Whites for the homestead I want I may as well just go ask the feds to confiscate everything I have or will have and toss me in prison for the next 50 years right now.

Wolf9ing0 is fine if you're just loner vagrant wandering around. Not if you plan a home, a farm, some livestock, a well or two etc... You cant "wolf" that. I cant emphasize this enough: I'm not looking to be a transient or vagrant leech. I'm looking for agriculturally based independence free from government mandated share-cropping.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

But you are imprisoned right now.... imprisoned by society!! You work every day because Society has put this hold on you so you have to.... you wanted a place to live so you borrowed cash to buy it.... now you have to work till you drop until you have paid for it otherwise the bailiffs will come after you..... if you believe all this illuminati stuff.... you are being controlled by them.... they rule you.... you are not free.....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

That's because woman was created to take man's money to make HER happy. (notice... nothing is said about HIS happiness..). A woman would go completely off the wall if she couldn't have her goop and slop to put on her face and body, or 'nice' clothes to shove her butt in... And to take away her Oprah or her 'The View'? Soap operas? You'd have a ravening, slobbering monster within a week. By a month, your half eaten corpse would be found- Later on, she'd be found in front of a tv shop, having suffocated herself in makeup and Hagen Daas.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

The Amish arent breaking any law in their chosen lifestyle but they are still subjected to property taxation. This is a big reason they do some pretty horrible things to get their hands on cash. Puppy mills for instance.

Trespassing laws and hunting/fishing land protection laws keep people off of federal land and property taxes keep anyone and everyone in a share-cropping state. To pay your property taxes you need an income. Earning an income subjects you to income taxes thereby reducing the sum you have left for the property taxes forcing you to reduce your property or increase your income. Eventually you end up in a drywall apartment in some soul-sucking city courtesy of government. A government that has been steadily working to chorale all Americans into urban grids.

You come up with a way to avoid all this and I'll be forever in your debt.

Between federal laws making everything you do in the wilderness a crime and taxation locking you into the working/earning cycle there is no way to avoid your arrest or death at the hands of the government.

Unless your idea of independence is just some panhandling bum on a city street. Then you'll be safe. My idea of independence is a homestead handbuilt and out of governments reach.

LIke i said there is a petition to the government to give the people free land. Its in the works in other countries but the law has already passed in Russia. The Russian government has allowed it and passed the law.
The other thing is that the people favour their own motherland for a love of their own motherland is another reason.
Once many people start being self sufficient and fall away form modern ills it may be able to turn around. But until then!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

As it is my choices are stay in the current "prison" or wander out and get thrown in jail or killed doing what I really want to. I'll stay here for now. I'm not willing to live the rest of my days in some 6'x8' cell surrounded by the lowest form of human beings. Call me a coward but that's the truth. Maybe when I'm older and have less time to risk in prison I'll venture out.

The best I can do now is pull myself and my land further from the "grid." Granted, I will still be subjected to the slave chains that is property taxation but I wont be risking imprisonment and death.

Taxes are the single most vile, evil and enslaving thing on this planet.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by Republican08

That's because woman was created to take man's money to make HER happy. (notice... nothing is said about HIS happiness..). A woman would go completely off the wall if she couldn't have her goop and slop to put on her face and body, or 'nice' clothes to shove her butt in... And to take away her Oprah or her 'The View'? Soap operas? You'd have a ravening, slobbering monster within a week. By a month, your half eaten corpse would be found- Later on, she'd be found in front of a tv shop, having suffocated herself in makeup and Hagen Daas.

It would be natural girls vs modern plastic girls soon. Im glad i have let go of all that. I wear no make up, i use olive oil and coconut oil on my skin, i eat raw nature foods.

While the modern girl is forever at beauty parlours, eating mcdonalds then getting botox to remove the wrinkles that result form toxins with a toxin, become depressed from it all and start all over again, belting their bodies. Yeah i know ive been there.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Personally, I'd go find a nice primitive village to live in- somewhere so I can be around people. I live alone enough as it is. Find a woman who'd actually want me for ME- and not how much green paper I can shove in her hand. Use my talents for the actual betterment of the place I live in. There's little to be had in this life. You make money, you spend money, you save money. Anything having to do with talent, or ability is thrown to the side for money. Women throw you to the side for money. People are just plain thrown to the side for lack of money... Churches- ok. I wont even GO there. That'll get me going on a 2 page rant.

Look at life- it's all money, you basically pay your wife/ girlfriend money to have sex,("Buy me *blank*. You don't have the money?! Couch for you, you tightwad!") You pay to go to church, You pay the govt to live. You make money to pay the aforementioned off. Some life.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You know,you could be right.Of course there is no way in the world i am every going to meet them beautiful women anyway.Its nice to dream sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join