It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Gov. Agencies / Facilities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Is Porton Down, The Ministry of Defense's, Defense Science and Technology Laboratory, in Salisbury, Wiltshire, the most highly sensitive Government installation in the UK which is setup for the investigation of bio-chemical defense and research?

Is it really the most sensitive base in the UK and is it really that hard ot get close too and take photo's? I don't know, never been and have NEVER seen any photos of it. And does it have underground facilities?

The only thing from the MoD I could find of it was their official site:

www.mod.uk...

www.tso.co.uk...

www.dstl.gov.uk...

www.ecn.ac.uk...

This is the only picture I could find of it:

www.ecn.ac.uk...

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by The Hunter]

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by The Hunter]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Theres your answer then

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hunter, here's a couple to keep you happy.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.htvwest.co.uk...

They are both of Dstl Porton. Cheer up the MOD Plod and go and say hello. Take some sandwiches, you could be there a while.

zero lift

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
If there is a MI5 & MI6 IS IT POSSIBLE THERE MIGHT BE
MI1,MI2,MI3,MI4,MI7,MI8,MI9.
I heard that M I is an abbreviation for Military Intelligance.

Any Ideas anyone?

MI does stand for Military intelligence. I dom't think there are any more MIxx's though. No need for them MI5, MI6, GCHQ and DIS have it covered between them.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Yes but there are ideas floating around about a unit call group 13 & The Feather men.Just occured that if these are goverment run there would be a departmental identitiy even if it`s only refered to in the depths of goverment.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Now that's what I call above top secret

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lyriox
. It's also known as the SIS, or Secret Intelligence Service, and has no public website

I have found a public web page for it, hidden deep within the depths of the FCO website. i just searched for SIS on the main page. Heres the page SIS Page

The Secret Intelligence Service (SIS)

The Secret Intelligence Service (SIS), commonly known as MI6, is a Crown Service responsible for obtaining secret information and conducting operations in support of the UK�s foreign policy objectives, and to counter threats to UK interests worldwide. This involves a variety of activities, including conducting operations to obtain intelligence and working to disrupt threats to UK citizens or assets.
SIS is separate from other Government departments, with its own terms and conditions and recruitment procedures. The Service offers long-term careers with the possibility of promotion to high levels of responsibility.

For details of SIS�s position and accountability within UK Government, please see

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Hunter

Originally posted by wolfphantom

Originally posted by The Hunter
I saw one in Helmsley, Yorkshire (Westerdale Moor) with keep out and penalty of death and such signs.

Can you please give more details of this installation?
Its exact location, and who owns it.

It was 6 years ago that I took the pictures, turns out that we were followed and I had the film conviscated, I was only 18 when this happened. I havn't been back since but I 'll find out where exactly it is for you. I'll speak to my folks tomorrow. It was a massive area out on the moors but big ball (like golf balls) shaped buildings. It has not got me intrigued again thinking about it. I may take a trip.

This made me have a little chuckle to myself

I think The Hunter is getting confused with RAF Fylingdales, a good 30 - 40Km East of Helmsley, located, not actually on, but close to Fylingdales Moor with it's South Eastern edge skirting Langdale Forest. The Golf Balls are long gone now, replaced by an up to date BMEWS system, that, coincidentally puts out enough microwave emissions ito screw up car immobilizers and the like. Yes, there are no Trespassing signs, but they are not "use of deadly force" signs, and taking pictures is quite commonplace, as you can see the pyramid from miles away, and the main moorland road between Pickering and Whitby passes by the installation. It is actually simple to gain access to the site, on the Southern and Eastern edges, there are a series of public footpaths and bridleways, one of which actually takes you inside the perimiter, behind the warining signs for a short distance.

RAF Fylingdales is actually USAF run, a miost interesting fact being that the entire base uses a 60hz electricity supply instead of the UK standard of 50hz.

We also have locally, a GCHQ ( I think ) antenna farm just outside Scarborough to the East called Irton Moor

Westerdale, on the other hand, is quite devoid of Government and military installations., especially radar installations, as the majority of the area is one big valley!!

How do I know this?

I live in the area, and as an avid mountainbiker, I have ridden extensively on the moors and surrounding areas, including the Fylingdales and Westeradle areas. Fylingdales I ride often, and I have never been approached by any military personnel whilst actually on the inside of the perimeter.....

Here's an interesting list.....
www.staff.ncl.ac.uk...

And this made me laugh....

Scientists at top secret monitoring base GCHQ were left a little sheepish when they realised a mystery 'spies or aliens' transmission baffling them was a randy ram.

The strange high-frequency noises, coming from the Scarborough signal station on Irton Moor, North Yorkshire, had been confusing staff for a number of days.

But, as reported in GCHQ's in-house paper the Daily Observer, the weird noises were traced to a rampant ram rubbing itself against an aerial mast.

The article said the noises were unlike anything staff had encountered before and the investigating team initially feared they were coming from spies or aliens.

Their investigation found the signal only happened in the day time, went across all the high-frequency bands and only Scarborough aerials could pick it up.

"Exhaustive tests" revealed that the signal came from one antenna in particular and ultimately found the answer: "a horny ram".

The article read: "In between servicing some local ewes it was partial to rubbing its horns against the aerial masts."

GCHQ spokesman Bob McNally said: "It was probably some ritualistic thing, like marking a notch after a conquest. It's possible the ram was attracted to the mast which may have given off some kind of tingling sensation, but it was probably just a post to rub against."

He said the article featured in the "Weird but True" section of the Cheltenham-based GCHQ's internal newspaper.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by RygelUK]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join