It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiji police raid a Freemason lodge, Masons blame "dopey village people"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Fiji detains freemasons over 'magic rituals'

Police in Fiji detained 14 members of a masonic lodge after villagers complained that they were practising 'sorcery' with wands, compasses and a skull.

By Our Foreign Staff
Published: 2:58PM BST 16 Jul 2009

Eight Australians and a New Zealander were among those jailed for 24 hours after their Tuesday night meeting was raided by police.

A member of the lodge blamed "dopey village people" for the raid on the island of Denerau.

The Australian foreign ministry said the group was detained for convening a Masonic meeting without the right permit.

The New Zealand Herald quoted an unnamed police spokesman who said officers acted on reports from villagers of "strange goings-on" at the lodge.

The lodge secretary showed police a permit for the meeting but was told it was not relevant and the group was locked up.

The Canberra Times reported that Fiji's prime minister, Frank Bainimarama, ordered their release but investigations were continuing.

Emergency regulations imposed by Fiji's military regime allow police to detain people for up to 48 hours without charge.

Yet another fine example of harmony, charity and fellowship at work. Maybe if those Masons set up a lodge in their own living space and not use some exotic "dopey village" to hold their meetings, they'd have more credibility.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ah, accusations of witchcraft. And here I thought we were living in the 21st century...

I think it's somewhat expected that vcwxvwligen would sympathise with the witch-hunters. Senator McCarthy and Judge Danforth would be very proud.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Garbage. Some voodoo villagers complained. Or more likely somebody with a personal grudge against one or more of the Freemasons complained. Sounds like the police just did their job and were careful to check things out fully. We can detain for 48 hours here in America so it is nothing unusual. You notice that when a higher authority stepped in the charges were dropped and the men set free. They were held for only 24 hours before Fiji's prime minister ordered them released. Just small minded garbage.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The telegraph left out this bit.

Police also seized lodge paraphernalia, including wands, compasses and a skull.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

If they're not practicing anything funky, why do they need a skull and wands?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
If you're not practicing anything funky, why do you need a television typewriter and a mouse on a leash?

I have a glow-in-the-dark skull from Disney World and some drumsticks.
Bada-Boom!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
The telegraph left out this bit.

Police also seized lodge paraphernalia, including wands, compasses and a skull.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

Yes, this is part of why they are glad things like harry potter make
magic seem like a great idea.

The problem is they don't realize the full implications and the
path they tend to take the world's children down.

Like the Red Guard was used in China, the youth of the western world
will be used against those who do not believe in the new paradigms.

I like the harry potter movies as entertainment, but for some kids
it is a dream for them to become part of some magic cult like
Aleister Crowley wanted so long ago.

So we as adults are going to need to consider the endgame here.

Personally I think the ppl are so far asleep it will proceed as planned,
and it is far too late for the world, and they have already won.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
If you're not practicing anything funky, why do you need a television typewriter and a mouse on a leash?

I have a glow-in-the-dark skull from Disney World and some drumsticks.
Bada-Boom!

Yes but I bet you wern't kneeling down blindfolded with someone pointing a sword at you either....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I know skulls are used to symbolized death. When becoming a Master Mason, a candidate has to reflect on his own death. (I believe Yales's S&B use skulls in a similar way)

I'm not sure what the wands are about. I think some officers have staffs, but I'm not sure about actual wands. (see this pic) IMO, it seems out of place in a Masonic Lodge.

Perhaps Roark or another Mason will pop in and confirm.

[edit on 23/7/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
There is already a thread on this topic that was started several days ago. It also covers why the termnology 'wand' is used among other things.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in the existing thread.

Thank you.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join