It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel's Thats Impossible series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i did a search and didnt see a thread about this so i figured id talk about it. the new series on the history channel called thats impossible is awesome. so far ive seen 2 shows. the first was all about how invisibility and cloaking is pretty much possible. the second show really blew me away. it was all about weather as weapons. it discussed chemtrails and haarp. awesome show. the history channel has really been kicking ass latley i.m.o. i saw a show like 2 weeks ago about secret societies that had jim marrs and david icke in it discussing bliderberg.

www.history.com...

[edit on 22-7-2009 by middleclasssoldier]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by middleclasssoldier
i did a search and didnt see a thread about this so i figured id talk about it. the new series on the history channel called thats impossible is awesome. so far ive seen 2 shows. the first was all about how invisibility and cloaking is pretty much possible. the second show really blew me away. it was all about weather as weapons. it discussed chemtrails and haarp. awesome show. the history channel has really been kicking ass latley i.m.o. i saw a show like 2 weeks ago about secret societies that had jim marrs and david icke in it discussing bliderberg.

www.history.com...

[edit on 22-7-2009 by middleclasssoldier]

Wow I am actually genuinely shocked they've been showing alternative topics like you mention latter in the post.

The history channel is designed to perpetuate the status quo version of history - right or wrong. Just like any other main stream media outlet it's heavily controlled and tells you exactly what it wants you to perceive.

Other than shows like Canadas worst handy man, and other 'entertainment' shows like that, discovery channel has become ridiculous. Don't ever waste a minute watching daily planet that show is pathetic, you'd almost think the maker of the show was a direct beneficiary of the carbon tax.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The History Channel has UFO Hunters...why would this show shock you?
episodes here

This new show does look interesting.

There is an online episode here

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think they should just go ahead and change the name to "The Conjecture Channel".

I can remember when all the History Channel was, was a bunch of Vietnam and WWII videos. That was cool because it was history. Now you can't watch it without catching some show about UFO's, or how the world will end, or codes in the bible, or Nostradamus and so on and so forth. While these topics may be interesting, I can't remember the last time I actually learned some actual, factual history from the History Channel.

DG

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dirk Gently
I think they should just go ahead and change the name to "The Conjecture Channel".

I can remember when all the History Channel was, was a bunch of Vietnam and WWII videos. That was cool because it was history. Now you can't watch it without catching some show about UFO's, or how the world will end, or codes in the bible, or Nostradamus and so on and so forth. While these topics may be interesting, I can't remember the last time I actually learned some actual, factual history from the History Channel.

DG

That is because all those are a large part of our current reality.

Reply to OP:

LOL, any reason in articular this is in the business forum? Sorry I am just curious on this one. Mistake??

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Even in the shows you mentioned about Nostradamus and The bible codes, etc. etc. They actually do tell facts about history of the bible and such. EVen the Ufo hunters show has a lot of historical facts in them, such as certain presidents whom beleive they've seen UFO's. Whether they did or didn't it still is historical fact that they Believe they have. There is a lot of information you either have missed or possibly haven't seen those shows altogether.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

LOL, did you mean to reply to me? I was agreeing with the History Channels programs as of late!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

oh I thought you were saying they put in no historical value. lol
Oh I was reading dirks I guess duh...blonde moment.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by middleclasssoldier

The first episode did not really seem to go anywhere, and when they brought up the Philadelphia Experiment I nearly changed channels. I usually don't mind alternative theories, but the show was supposed to show us what the technology was accomplishing today. (Don't get me wrong as I watch UFO Files and Monster Quest all the time. I have no problem with alternative theories and such. They just don't fit on this type of show.)

I will have to check out the weather episode, but I have not put this one on my must see list.

I wanted to see what the technology is out there, not speculation on what it was or could be.

When I see a show with ancient aliens, I expect it to be about ancient aliens. If it is about the Knights Templar and secret societies, let's talk about them. On technology and advances, I want to see the goods and go to those electronic shows. I do not care about conspiracy theories on that type of show.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

LOL, any reason in articular this is in the business forum? Sorry I am just curious on this one. Mistake??

i thought i put it in general discussion forum. if a mod sees this please feel free to move.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I heard of it from ATS. I missed the weather control episode and really wanted to see it but I saw the mind control episode and thought it was pretty good. They didn't go into too much detail about mind control but it touched on a few subjects and I enjoyed it, I was hoping to hear stuff on SSSS but they didn't go into it.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Digging up this old thread because I just watched this show on HAARP/Weather modification. A man on the show tries to show how VLF can affect clouds and mositurization in the clouds.

I know this is old news to ATS, but, have a look.

Pretty cool. The show should air on the west coast at 5:00 PM on 9/23/2010

edit on 23-9-2010 by sticky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
thanks for the heads up!!

top topics

join