It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warcraft movie is a go - Sam Raimi to direct

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The first big step in taking the Warcraft franchise to the big screen has just dropped.

Legendary Pictures and Blizzard Entertainment have announced that Sam Raimi, director of the Spider-Man trilogy, will be taking the reigns of the upcoming Warcraft movie.

Charles Roven, who previously worked on The Dark Knight, is set to produce the film alongside Raimi.

"At its core, Warcraft is a fantastic, action-packed story," said Raimi. "I am thrilled to work with such a dynamite production team to bring this project to the big screen."

Source - IGN

Awesome.

I've been clean off WoW now for about a year, but I still like the lore behind the Warcraft franchise. It would make quite an epic movie if done right.

The Diablo movie is also being cast as we speak, so Blizzard is going to be spreading their tentacles into cinemas near you sometime in the next few years.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have never played Wow, I hate the idea of Paying for a gmae to then pay to play it.

Is there a single definitive story to it that you could make a movie from???

Or will he have to make his own story from the ideas of the game???

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Any word if Bruce Campbell is going to make an appearance?

Hope so... god, Bruce is great.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

This is a Warcraft movie, not specifically WoW. The only teaser poster shown so far is the Giant Tree from Warcraft 3.

So I'm assuming in will focus on the storyline of the Orc invasions, the fall of Illidan (big bad guy) and the rise of the Lich King (the other big bad guy).

new topics

top topics

join