It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democratic Controlled Congress/Whitehouse just PROTECTED Your Second Amendment Rights!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
-sigh-

Okay fine. But as soon as someone accidentally shoots an endangered organism in a National Park or Wildlife Refuge area, I'm marching to Washington and plopping myself in front of the White House until this is fixed.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

I will say this however, even Harry Reid voted Yay on today's Amendment, whereas two Republican turncoats were the decisive factor when they voted Nay.

The only reason Reid voted yes for this is because he's way behind in polls in his state of Nevada...which has also had some libertarian leanings as of late.

That's all it was...it has nothing to do with his beliefs on gun rights/control.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i think most Democrats vote for gun control to cater to the bleeding hearts. I'm pretty far left in terms of social programs, but I also want sensible funding for it, so for most Im a paradox of conflicting ideas.

I suspect that most people want to be able to defend themselves with a gun if needed. I prefer single-shot rifles because the worst I ever shot on a 300-yard field was 36 of 40, which puts me in the high end of the sharpshooter qualification.

I use a Remington 30.06 with open sights and bolt-action. Granted - I don't try for the time constraints anymore, so I don't stick on the 3 minute limit.

that being said... I bet that given a chance to bunker down, I can easily pin an advancing squad down long enough to pick off half and still exfiltrate in my home area.

So, who thinks semi's are not effective?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Didn't they just stop a law that would have allowed concealed gun permit holders to cross state lines with there concealed weapon? So, why allow one thing and not the other, it must have gotten snuck through. GOOD JOB for getting it through!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join