It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death and Taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Death and Taxes

You know what they say, there's two things in life you can't avoid: death and taxes. So you'd better make sure you understand both. Death & Taxes 2010, the infographic, will show you exactly how the Obama administration is planning to spend your money. Completely updated and newly released, it contains over 500 programs and departments and almost every program that receives over 200 million dollars annually. The data is straight from the president's 2010 budget request and will be debated, amended, and approved by Congress to begin the fiscal year. All of the item circles are proportional in size to their spending totals and the percentage change from 2009 is included to spot trends and disproportion.

If you pay taxes, then you have paid for a small part of everything you see here. "Death and Taxes" is essential reading for any responsible citizen or information junkie.

The chart is at the website it is in flash format and if you would like to know where your tax money is going this has it all broken down.

Have fun!

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
At first I thought this thread said "Death and Texas"!

Thanks for posting this, personally I hate paying taxes.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

besides all the money they get in taxes etc, they end up 1.2 trillion in the red. Is this per year?

that's nuts

imagine the kick arse retreat and bunkers you could build with that

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitybender
At first I thought this thread said "Death and Texas"!

Thanks for posting this, personally I hate paying taxes.

I guess that is why this isn't getting the attention that I thought it would get!

No problem, and I'm right there with you with paying taxes. Now we have specifics on what to complain about.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

besides all the money they get in taxes etc, they end up 1.2 trillion in the red. Is this per year?

that's nuts

Yes, this is for fiscial year 2010, it says it will still be amended and such until it is passed, but this is the blueprint for the budget in 2010.

For sure, I'm really craving a retreat bunker right now, with one of those mini nuclear plants that can power a neighborhood of 10,000 homes.

I think it would be really awesome to have my own personal underground city. Can you say party?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Originally posted by warrenb

that's nuts

Yes, this is for fiscial year 2010, it says it will still be amended and such until it is passed, but this is the blueprint for the budget in 2010.

For sure, I'm really craving a retreat bunker right now, with one of those mini nuclear plants that can power a neighborhood of 10,000 homes.

I think it would be really awesome to have my own personal underground city. Can you say party?

I want my retreat too!

What a crazy life we live in. I am all for a flat tax though, I remember it being floated around during the primaries with Huckabee. I would rather everyone pay the same tax on what they buy, this way everyone is truly equal in what they pay. IMO I believe the richer part of America have loopholes and ways around paying what people think they should pay.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

I would too. I don't want that piece of legislation they were trying to pass, if we were to go to a flat tax system it needs to get rid of the 16th amendment at the time it is passed.

And I agree, everybody would pay their fair share. The Rich would naturally pay more because they have more disposable income. If I had enough money to circumvent the system I would, but I can't afford to do it.

Hey you can come party with me, I'll have the beer room where the beer is made, the liquor room where the liquor is made, the garden, the place where cows are raised, etc.

I want my own underground city.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by gravitybender

Hey you can come party with me, I'll have the beer room where the beer is made, the liquor room where the liquor is made, the garden, the place where cows are raised, etc.

I want my own underground city.

Sweeeet!!!! Maybe we could connect yours to mine with an underground tunnel.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I think that the 1.2 trillion in the red is the money that has not been accounted for for possible more bailouts and the mammoth health care bill if it passes.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'd like to see the people pay for what they ask for and what they use so the morons who want heated bus stops in their towns pay for them and the people who never wanted them and never use them dont have to pay for them.

Make the people who wanted the war pay for the war.

I dont want anything and dont want to use anything. Why is it I have to fund somebody elses splendor?

I'll support a consumption based/flat tax if I was guaranteed income and property taxation would go away. Given the track record of government no taxes would go away and I'd simply end up with an extra burden I didnt ask for.

Sometimes this tax garbage and the people who enjoy paying just bring me to tears. What right does a minority-minded individual like me have up against the LCD and their tanks, troops and prisons anyway? Just take my damn wallet and # my wife already.

top topics

join