It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Cambridge Police acted stupidly". What??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Section 647: Every person who commits any of the following acts is guilty of disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor
(a) Who solicits anyone to engage in or who engages in lewd or dissolute conduct in any public place or in any place open to the public or exposed to public view.
(b) Who solicits or who agrees to engage in or who engages in any act of prostitution. A person agrees to engage in an act of prostitution when, with specific intent to so engage, they manifest an acceptance of an offer or solicitation to so engage, regardless of whether the offer or solicitation was made by a person who also possessed the specific intent to engage in prostitution. No agreement to engage in an act of prostitution shall constitute a violation of this subdivision unless some act, in addition to the agreement, is done within this state in furtherance of the commission of an act of prostitution by the person agreeing to engage in that act. As used in this subdivision, "prostitution" includes any lewd act between persons for money or other consideration.
(c) Who accosts other persons in any public place or in any place open to the public for the purpose of begging or soliciting alms.
(d) Who loiters in or about any toilet open to the public for the purpose of engaging in or soliciting any lewd or lascivious or any unlawful act.
(e) Who loiters or wanders upon the streets or from place to place without apparent reason or business and who refuses to identify themselves and to account for their presence when requested by any peace officer so to do, if the surrounding circumstances would indicate to a reasonable person that the public safety demands this identification.
(f) Who is found in any public place under the influence of intoxicating liquor, any drug, controlled substance, toluene, or any combination of any intoxicating liquor, drug, controlled substance, or toluene, in a condition that they are unable to exercise care for their own safety or the safety of others, or by reason of their being under the influence of intoxicating liquor, any drug, controlled substance, toluene, or any combination of any intoxicating liquor, drug, or toluene, interferes with or obstructs or prevents the free use of any street, sidewalk, or other public way.
(h) Who loiters, prowls, or wanders upon the private property of another, at any time, without visible or lawful business with the owner or occupant. As used in this subdivision, "loiter" means to delay or linger without a lawful purpose for being on the property and for the purpose of committing a crime as opportunity may be discovered.
(i) Who, while loitering, prowling, or wandering upon the private property of another, at any time, peeks in the door or window of any inhabited building or structure, without visible or lawful business with the owner or occupant.
(j) Who lodges in any building, structure, vehicle, or place, whether public or private, without the permission of the owner or person entitled to the possession or in control of it.
(k) (1) Any person who looks through a hole or opening, into, or otherwise views, by means of any instrumentality, including, but not limited to, a periscope, telescope, binoculars, camera, motion picture camera, or camcorder, the interior of a bedroom, bathroom, changing room, fitting room, dressing room, or tanning booth, or the interior of any other area in which the occupant has a reasonable expectation of privacy, with the intent to invade the privacy of a person or persons inside. This subdivision shall not apply to those areas of a private business used to count currency or other negotiable instruments.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

The problem with this whole thing is that there is a group of people on this thread and spread out over this country committing the same sin they are bashing Obama for. People refer to Gates as a racist but no one should dare question the police. Get real. I hate to break this bad news to everyone here but cops can be just as racist and corrupt as the next guy...maybe even more.

The problem, which you fail to acknowledge, is that it was not a racial issue before Gates made it one. And then Blunder Boy Obama piled it on with his irrelevant racial profiling fairy tale.

Those are the facts. All you have is an opinion.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Hate to burst your bubble sunshine but racial profiling is a fact of the American nature. I worked for the ACLU and witnessed up close and personal the racial profiling conducted by cops. The courts are proof. Just Google racial profiling out of court settlements...you should get a few hits.

I don't suppose you have been a black man lately trying to hail a cab in any major city have you?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by jerico65

I do happen to know that you can say what ever you please as long as it is not a threat of harm. Speaking your mind is not a crime in any state. If speaking your mind does in fact disturb the peace it is most often dealt with as a civil violation resulting in a ticket. If charges are brought they are dropped and more often than not the city, state or county forks over a fist full of dollars for having made such a bad call.

You cannot in fact create a disturbance in front of your home that affects your neighbors. You can and will be arrested no matter how much you play the race card. But whatever...

So are we to believe the black cop backing up the white cop was wrong and a racist too? How does that work?

No one that was there that day has come to the aid of the freaky racist professor and there were several watching the freaky racist professor scream like a little girl.

How do we account for this fact? They all must have agreed with the arrest if they didn't oppose it publicly right?

You know the racist POTUS has his lynch men from acorn looking for a witness to backup the freaky racist professor but low and behold none have been found! Imagine that...

Face it, it was a good arrest and the freaky professor and POTUS are racist to the core.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

Perhaps you would like to post the statute that allows for an individuals arrest on their own property for yelling at a cop.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Hate to burst your bubble sunshine but racial profiling is a fact of the American nature. I worked for the ACLU and witnessed up close and personal the racial profiling conducted by cops. The courts are proof. Just Google racial profiling out of court settlements...you should get a few hits.

I don't suppose you have been a black man lately trying to hail a cab in any major city have you?

Hate to burst your bubble sunshine but if this case is what you define as racial profiling I could give two shakes... If this wasn't racial profiling then the freaky racist professor just set progress back on that issue.

Who the hell is going to believe that anyone has been racially profiled after the POTUS calls an honest cop a racist and a racist professor from Harvard lies about the very issue you claim to know so much about?

Seems to be the high profile blacks are setting back the progress on the issue of racial profiling & race relations...
They don't need any help from us evil white devils... Man they are running a mock aren't they!

[edit on 24-7-2009 by northof8]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Perhaps you would like to post the statute that allows for an individuals arrest on their own property for yelling at a cop.

Perhaps you could prove us all wrong... Start yelling at the top of your lungs on your front porch and see how long it takes for the cops to show up and cart your smart legal butt off to jail...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Ask any cop white , black, latino they are all blue and have each others back. The military is the same way. Turn your back on one and the rest will turn there back next time you run into gun fight and let you bite a bullet.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Ask any cop white , black, latino they are all blue and have each others back. The military is the same way. Turn your back on one and the rest will turn there back next time you run into gun fight and let you bite a bullet.

So we finally have what I consider the true color of racism. The skin color is blue and we can all go climb a tree! Now that's what I call equality! We are all equally screwed in the eyes of the law.

Then again that still makes the freaky professor a racist against whites along with POTUS... After all they got the color wrong. They said white, not blue!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

When I say blue I am refering to there unifrorm.
Every group of men who work together im life threatening situations have a bond beyond skin color. Fire fighters , cops and military.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Hate to burst your bubble sunshine but racial profiling is a fact of the American nature.

Only in your liberal viewpoint does it exist to such an extent.

I worked for the ACLU

Well, that explains a lot.

Oh, boo-hoo!

I don't suppose you've driven a cab that has been robbed by a person of color lately, have you?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

and he has received multiple honorary degrees and awards for his teaching, research, and development of academic institutions to study black culture

Here I quote from his wikipedia page for Henry Louis Gates, Jr. This is a man whos life since 1976 has been devoted to teaching, research, and development of academic institutions to study black culture. So how could anybody expect him to not provoke the race card in a given situation when his life is devoted to it. I believe the world will be a better place when we all stop letting people devote there lives to it and honoring them for it.

Even Sgt. James Crowley has been dedicating his life to race in teaching a course on racial profiling at The Lowell Police Academy. Where they teach.

Our Academy instills in our officers the following five principles of policing:

The duty of the police is to prevent crime and social disorder
The power of the police to fulfill their duties is dependent on their ability to secure and maintain public respect
The police should strive to maintain a relationship with the public so that in reality, the police are the people and the people are the police
The police must seek and preserve public favor, not by pandering to public opinion, but by demonstrating absolute impartial service
The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action dealing with the problems.

I think the part "ability to secure and maintain public respect" says a lot. This is what his argument is in the whole case maintain public respect. And he thought he would get it when he arrested Gates. And then the Obama said they acted stupidly and now he will fight Obama to maintain public respect. I see where he thinks he should get it due to him dedicating part of his life to preventing officers from doing racial profiling but then being blamed for being racist by a profesor.

But truly when your talking about race whos respect is the question. Its a vicious circle of one wanting to dominate the other to show whos better as the parties not involed look at them like fools unless they let themselfs get dragged in. Thats why my first post on this thread said nothing about race just that Gates angered the officer and the officer tricked him into exiting his home where the officer then had the "in public" criminal charges to arrest him on.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

There have been plenty of incidents where PD's were sued because of just such circumstances.

Crowley knows police procedure; he followed it to a textbook degree. Even the black officer that came to assist agrees.

Ok first off anybody can sue anyone for anything.

Second what are these cases you are referring to. In a successful suit in which the law enforcement was sued because they didn't search a residence for an individual that was there against a restraining order. Then most certainly the argument would be that the officers didn't act on probable cause and perform there due diligence.

Third, you keep making the statement that it is standard procedure that law enforcement check a residence for individuals that may be in the residence when there is a restraining order. Law enforcement does not have this authority save probable cause and other limited circumstance. So I don't understand what makes you believe that in this case the police didn't leave due to the fact that they needed to check and ensure that there wasn't an individual in the residence disobeying a restraining order.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Third, you keep making the statement that it is standard procedure that law enforcement check a residence for individuals that may be in the residence when there is a restraining order.

No, you misinterpreted what I meant.

There are a thousand whatif's. RO's are only one of them. Maybe Gates himself had a warrant out on his butt.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

There are a thousand whatif's. RO's are only one of them. Maybe Gates himself had a warrant out on his butt.

Exactly, And it is not police procedure to investigate each one of those 'what ifs' without any type of probable cause. After determining that this individual was not committing a crime they should have been on their way.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by harvib]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Hate to burst your bubble sunshine but racial profiling is a fact of the American nature.

Only in your liberal viewpoint does it exist to such an extent.

I worked for the ACLU

Well, that explains a lot.

Oh, boo-hoo!

I don't suppose you've driven a cab that has been robbed by a person of color lately, have you?

Now try to comprehend your own last statement. Thank you for confirming the fact that racial profiling is alive and well in these United States just as alive and well as the bias and racism on this thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Now try to comprehend your own last statement. Thank you for confirming the fact that racial profiling is alive and well in these United States just as alive and well as the bias and racism on this thread.

Absolutely it exists. And it didn't come first....first came the crime, then came the profiling.

As for the bias and racism, I admit there is a heavy dose of anti-white bias in this thread.

Deny ignorance for once. Your man Obama and his friend Gates are the ones who played the race card here.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This might be off subject but the witness called the police reporting she saw two black males with backpacks on the porch of Gate's home, one of them wedging his shoulder in the door, trying to break in.

why would she call in a false report?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

One has only to ask: Who made racial remarks in this incident? Who painted an individual of another race with all the trappings of stereotyping?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tartarspoon

Originally posted by Tartarspoon
This might be off subject but the witness called the police reporting she saw two black males with backpacks on the porch of Gate's home, one of them wedging his shoulder in the door, trying to break in.

why would she call in a false report?

Absolutely incorrect. She made no such statement.

She said that she saw two individuals, one *might have been* Hispanic.

Listen to the actual police audio record; you will see that I am correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join