It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Cambridge Police acted stupidly". What??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
He was arrested for disorderly conduct because he was screaming like a banshee.

He deserved to be arrested.

You were there???

You know he was actually screaming and can describe it?

He deserved to be arrested for it?

What????? I am in my home. I am screaming. U2U me and I will give you my address. Please call the cops and report me for screaming in my home. Then tell us all what the cops tell you.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

look,,,

if gates had a calm head this woulda been cleared up in 2 minutes,,,

instead he started calling the officer racist and extemely rude with his mama comment,,,,,,

the cop was there just doing this job,,,!!

to me being called a racist in itself is an insult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
especially when the officer just got there and did nothing racist!!!!!!!!

ya know,,if gates woulda been changing a flat tire on the road and was in this mood he was in,,,,
and a cop pulled up to offer assist. and asked for his ID,,,
Same BS race game he woulda played!!!!

and as for asking for his badge he did identify himself,, and its also planted on his chest!!!
theres kinda a loop hole in this law,,,I watch COPS alot and I see this at times(mostly from idiots asking for it),,,some cops give it sometimes,,and may only have to give it to ONLY if your arrested,,,
Im not a law student so I cant honestly say..

but in the process/suspicion of a crime with an idiot who is yelling at you ,,you'll need alot more than that to make any formal charges!!!!!

the cop is not racist,,,he just encounterd a real assH..le,, in a bad mood who played the race card BS,,,

obviously the whole deprtment is 101% behind the officer!!!
black and white....

even if a white/asian/pink person did this he woulda been arrested,,,and good chances the charge woulda been droped in court as well,,,

theres real serious racist cases!!! but this is a old stuborn idiot professor,,,he probly is a little racist as well,,,

now if someone broke into my apt and the police came,,and the burglur answered the door the cops will want to see ID!!!!
There not going to wait for a search warrent!!!

yes,,you can be arrested in your own home for vulgerly insulting a police officer in which he did,,,!!!!
(i was wronge on this law and just edited it (11pm) my reply/post here and apologize),,,but it doesnt change what I beleive though,,,and he was outside while he was arrested so Im glad!,,,

get over it!!!!

this will be brushed under the rugg soon,,,

and if you feel sorry for MR gates,,,thats your bussines

BUT I DO NOT!!!

the only racism is I see here is Gates,,,

this silly case gets the attention when there is real serious other racism cases!!

theres racist of all colors,,,

[edit on 24-7-2009 by amyfriend]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amyfriend

to me being called a racist in itself is an insult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
especially when the officer just got there and did nothing racist!!!!!!!!

Yes, however calling someone a racist is not a criminal offense and is protected under the First Amendment. Unfortunately disorderly conduct charges are being used more and more to stifle free speech.

yes,,you can be arrested in your own home for vulgerly insulting a police officer in which he did,,,!!!!

No, This is absolutely false. Which is the reason they waited for him to exit his house before they arrested him.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
If Gates had received the officers name the first time I doubt that he would have asked for it a second time which the officer accuses Gates of doing.

From the police report, it didn't seem like Gates had things wired too tight. In the midst of his ranting, he might have missed it.

For some reason I doubt that Gates an academic would have used the words "your mamma".

I don't know. I've heard educated people say the weirdest things.

I find it believable that the president of the United States has a pretty good idea as to what really happened.

I don't think Obama has a clue, and just had a typical knee-jerk reaction before he had the facts.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by imsuchaniceguy
You were there???

You know he was actually screaming and can describe it?

He deserved to be arrested for it?

Did you even read the arrest report?

What????? I am in my home. I am screaming. U2U me and I will give you my address. Please call the cops and report me for screaming in my home. Then tell us all what the cops tell you.

Well, I imagine that the cops would probably be knocking at your door, wondering what all the screaming was about, and as soon as they found out it was because of something posted online, they send you to the nuthouse!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by imsuchaniceguy

Listen here, dude. I got the information from Fox news. Here's what i know:
The man was breaking into his own home with the help of someone else.
The neighbors called the cops (as they should have) yep
Then the story i heard said the officer sent on the call asked for ID and what was he doing.
He (the accused) provided an ID from the college he taught at.
THEN....
As i heard it told on the fabulous Fox news, the professor started ranting about they were doing this because he was a BLACK MAN. OK????

The officer was calling the station to run his name and the professor kept on and on about how it was real tough being BLACK in America, and on and on and wouldnt shut up.

This is how i made my determination that- the cop was right in this instance.

Now, if you want to take it further with me, and contnue calling me IGNORANT, i have a piece of advice for you.
Stop right now.
I'm not in the mood to take it from ya.
Thank you.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by amyfriend
reply to post by Witness2008

look,,,

if gates had a calm head this woulda been cleared up in 2 minutes,,,

instead he started calling the officer racist and extemely rude with his mama comment,,,,,,

the cop was there just doing this job,,,!!

Since when is it the police's job to stick around asking questions and being nosy after they have come to YOUR home and you have proven who you are and where you live?

Since when is it their job at all to come into your home and ask you to prove you live there?

He was called on suspicion of a B and E. He arrived at the scene and found that that was not the case. His job then is to leave and go take care of actual crimes.

Why do you people insist this cop was doing his job. I can only imagine the threads you would be starting if police came into your home without a warrant or good reason and asked you to prove you lived there just because you went in the back door instead of the front.

This is an old man, a harvard professor with over 50 honorary degrees. You really think he would be saying "your mama?"

Who the hell cares. Since when is it illegal to say "your mama" anyway?

You [snip] are amazing. You say such ignorant things and sound like you really believe it. Amazing.

Personal attack removed.

Please read Terms And Conditions Of Use

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 24/7/09 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

By the way, darling, i know better English than you. I used "wronger" just to try to be funny.

Damn it, it didnt work.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Listen here, dude. I got the information from Fox news.

LOL. Oh god, i have to catch my breath. Are you serious? You got your info from Faux News and you are going to spew it as actual info? If your source is Fox news, you might as well just say anything you want then.

Here's what i know:
The man was breaking into his own home with the help of someone else.

Really? What did he break? How did he get in? What did Fox tell you he did exactly? How did he break in? How did his chaufer help him do it? Please tell me the details. You are missing all the details.

The neighbors called the cops (as they should have) yep

As they should have? Do you know what your neighbors look like? Do 60 year old professors look like thugs?

Then the story i heard said the officer sent on the call asked for ID and what was he doing.
He (the accused) provided an ID from the college he taught at.

The college he taught at?????? You did not even get the name of the school from Faux? It is pretty famous. Not your average community college. "Story" is exactly what you got. A nice little story from entertainers on a channel that admits it makes things up.

THEN....
As i heard it told on the fabulous Fox news, the professor started ranting about they were doing this because he was a BLACK MAN. OK????

The officer was calling the station to run his name and the professor kept on and on about how it was real tough being BLACK in America, and on and on and wouldnt shut up.

Ok, this is good. Why was he calling the station to run his name? What had he done. He showed his ID with the ADDRESS ON IT!!!!! What else was he supposed to do? If you go in through your back door and the cops show up, after you prove you live there, do you think it is ok to run your name??????????? This is America and we are free from that kind of tyranny. Glad you like the police state attitude. Not me.

Now, if you want to take it further with me, and contnue calling me IGNORANT, i have a piece of advice for you.
Stop right now.
I'm not in the mood to take it from ya.
Thank you.

[snip]. You do not have all the facts. You got your story from Fox news. Ignorant, ignorant, and ignorant. Go get all the facts of the story and come back to me. When you actually know what you are talking about, I might stop thinking you are ignorant. I have some advice for you - Fox news is entertainment. They have admitted in COURT no less, that they make stories up. That is not a news channel. Stop getting your "facts" from there. It is obvious that you either were not paying attention or they left out a lot of details.

You determine whatever you like from whatever you hear on Fox. You will be wrong and ignorant some more.

removed personal attack.

Please read from the Terms And Conditions Of Use

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Really? Care to back that up with something? Anything? Maybe in some asian country you hail from but this happend in the U.S. That is not true in any sense of the words you used.

I will tell you what I have to keep telling you [snip] -

Back up what you are saying with some proof. Where is that law? You can look up any law you want on this thing called the internet. Find me that one [snip]

Personal attack and a request for silence removed

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You are ignorant. You do not have all the facts. You got your story from Fox news. Ignorant, ignorant, and ignorant. Go get all the facts of the story and come back to me. When you actually know what you are talking about, I might stop thinking you are ignorant. I have some advice for you - Fox news is entertainment. They have admitted in COURT no less, that they make stories up. That is not a news channel. Stop getting your "facts" from there. It is obvious that you either were not paying attention or they left out a lot of details.

You determine whatever you like from whatever you hear on Fox. You will be wrong and ignorant some more.

Have you read the police report, or do you just enjoying running your suck and calling people "ignorant" because they don't bend to your will??

Just curious?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
AND I QUOTE SO THAT THE MODS DO NOT MISS IT:

"You are ignorant. You do not have all the facts. You got your story from Fox news. Ignorant, ignorant, and ignorant. Go get all the facts of the story and come back to me. When you actually know what you are talking about, I might stop thinking you are ignorant.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Really? Care to back that up with something? Anything? Maybe in some asian country you hail from but this happend in the U.S. That is not true in any sense of the words you used.

I will tell you what I have to keep telling you dittoheads -

Back up what you are saying with some proof. Where is that law? You can look up any law you want on this thing called the internet. Find me that one or sit down and be quiet for a bit.

This is the Boston Criminal Lawyer Blog.

www.bostoncriminallawyerblog.com...

It talks about "disorderly conduct". And if you took a minute and did a search, you'd come up with many more hits on MA law and disorderly conduct.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

what do you mean the cops were sticking around?????

well sometimes cops have to stick around for a few minutes,

but in the meantime(majority) they had to put up with insults..

and yes,,,the cops were just doing there job,,,they were called there...by a concerened citizen who was worried that someone was breaking into the professors house!

which did have a break in prior recently!!!!
duhhh
cops dont need warrents to go a crime or burglury in progress...

Obama now has asked both parties to have a beer at the white house with him and to bury the hatchet,,,,
because he knows this is stupid,,,maybe both sides are to blame/?

I have a big heart and not rush limbagh fan,,,both parties let us all down...

be nice if both of them did shake hands and apologize,,,like real men,,,

the way we insult eachother here we are no better...!

Im done with this tread,,,I think Gates acted like an Aho.e!!

huggs everyone!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

how it was real tough being BLACK in America, and on and on and wouldnt shut up.

I can understand how one might not agree with what someone is saying however stating how tough it is to be black is not unlawful and is supposed to be protected under the First Amendment.

We may not all agree with what this individual says but shouldn't we be defending his right to say it????? His right to Free Speech was most certainly infringed!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

This is the Boston Criminal Lawyer Blog.

www.bostoncriminallawyerblog.com...

talks about "disorderly conduct". And if you took a minute and did a search, you'd come up with many more hits on MA law and disorderly conduct.

I didn't see anything in there that makes mention of legislation allowing Law Enforcement to enter your home without a warrant or exigent circumstances.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

what do you mean the cops were sticking around?????

Are you [snip] just playing with us? Do you read what you write? Look at that first sentence and then look at the next two.

well sometimes cops have to stick around for a few minutes,

but in the meantime(majority) they had to put up with insults..

So you question my stating they stuck around and follow it up with that they.....hung around? That is an interesting trick.

and yes,,,the cops were just doing there job,,,they were called there...by a concerened citizen who was worried that someone was breaking into the professors house!

And when they got there, they could determine the was no B and E and that this man did indeed live there. Story over, cops go bye bye now. There job is not to come into your home, see you live there, see you did not actually 'break in' and then decide to call the station and run your name. Where is that ok?

which did have a break in prior recently!!!!
duhhh
cops dont need warrents to go a crime or burglury in progress...

Ahhh. now I see the problem. You are as ignorant as your Fox news friend. Do you know what a burglury is??????

Please think about it. I will give you a chance to go look it up.

In the meantime, there was OBVIOUSLY no burglury happening, there was no crime comitted. Yes, they need a warrant to come into your home.

Obama now has asked both parties to have a beer at the white house with him and to bury the hatchet,,,,
because he knows this is stupid,,,maybe both sides are to blame/?

I would be willing to go with that if you had not already insisted the cop was right over and over. Now you say maybe both sides were wrong? Does that mean you are not sure if the cop was right anymore? All within the same post you come to this realization? Cool. There's two. Anything else you want to contradict yourself on?

I have a big heart and not rush limbagh fan,,,both parties let us all down...

be nice if both of them did shake hands and apologize,,,like real men,,,

the way we insult eachother here we are no better...!

Im done with this tread,,,I think Gates acted like an Aho.e!!

And there it is! So the cop was right and Gates was an ass but maybe both men were wrong. You are a real piece of work.

Uncivil comment removed and fixed quote tags

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
[edit on 24-7-2009 by amyfriend]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
I didn't see anything in there that makes mention of legislation allowing Law Enforcement to enter your home without a warrant or exigent circumstances.

Probably because it didn't have anything to do with that; it was about disorderly conduct.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

reply to post by jerico65

hi

im not a law student,,,

maybe you should take it up with the police dept who arrested him,,,,
even a black officer on the force there said he woulda done the same a 100%,,,,

more than obvious the whole department (blacks and whites) are back the officer,,,

so maybe you should persue this and study the link you posted and not me.

Im not the one who was arrested and acted like an idiot...

and obama woulda said HEY,,,,thats an illegal charge,,,
and as well the department,,,they woulda canned his behind within 24 hours...

so you got the figuring out to do,,,not me...

I posted what I thought here and then you turn around and insult me/others on your opinions...

no huggs for you!

Check your fire, I think you're responding to the wrong person.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join