It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.I. Man Pleaded Guilty in Attack on U.S. Base in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

L.I. Man Pleaded Guilty in Attack on U.S. Base in Afghanistan

www.nytimes.com

A 26-year-old American-born Long Island man who traveled to Pakistan and trained in a Qaeda camp there last year pleaded guilty in January to trying to kill United States soldiers in a rocket attack against a military base in Afghanistan, according to court papers unsealed on Wednesday.

The man, Bryant Neal Vinas, was captured in Peshawar, Pakistan, last November and days later began providing United States authorities with information about Al Qaeda, including particulars of a plot to blow up a Long Island Rail Road train inside Pennsylvania Station, which prompted a flurry of security act
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I am sure there are Americans that are providing assistance to alQaeda in other countries, but this story smacks of disinformation. I can't put my finger on it but it just seems phony and contrived to promote more fear.

I suppose I have been on ATS long enough now, not to take anything I read in MSM as the gospel truth.

www.nytimes.com

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I am sure there are Americans that are providing assistance to alQaeda in other countries, but this story smacks of disinformation. I can't put my finger on it but it just seems phony and contrived to promote more fear.

I suppose I have been on ATS long enough now, not to take anything I read in MSM as the gospel truth.

www.nytimes.com

I agree I dont quite know about this one. Well have to wait for more info, I suppose

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

www.nytimes.com...
Two officials said that Mr. Vinas, who until recently lived in Patchogue, learned about the Long Island Rail Road as a regular rider and shared that information with Qaeda leaders in Pakistan,

It seems to me that the information about the LI railroad scheduling was readily available over the INTERNET. Why did they need Mr. Vinas?

What kind of info could a regular rider provide that wasn't available elsewhere/anywhere?

[edit on 22-7-2009 by whaaa]

top topics

join