It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from the Top of the IQ Scale

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
this might have been posted already but all the genius's i've known and respected lacked one thing.......common sense.

mowing the grass, gardening, simple every day tasks......to hard to figure out

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I am so smart - S M R T I mean S M A R T !!

Really I are..

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
LOL.... Fella, your thread has got to be the biggest joke I have seen in a while. I mean that.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

I also assumed it was a joke so I was a bit surprised at some of the comments here.

Shane didn't actually bother to state his actual IQ so I didn't think he was really that bothered about it and was simply using the topic title knowing it would get a lot of attention and it worked!

I haven't got a clue what my IQ is so maybe I'm missing something in his title or thread.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Dude,

Intro was tolerable but the title did you in.

Vector way too steep.
Burned up on reentry.

Cue the 16 million dollar man theme song.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

My bad on that...I replied to your post, but my comment was directed at the dumb OP. I simply replied to you because your information was part of my statement. Furthermore, you probably are not lazy. However, most people who think they are high and mighty, sit back and rely on "intelligence" way to much, when hard work and dedication will see you become more successful. IQ is scam. One of the highest documented modern IQ's was a single parent non-educated mother. IQ is given too much weight, in terms of judging one another. RAWR

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder

An IQ is just a pissin contest --like penis size. It doesn't matter one bit unless you know how to use it or know how to apply it, and many don't, which means many of us are just as dumb as the rest of you. Well, some.

This should balance the thread out!

I started reading this thread yesterday and set about improoving my IQ of 84, in doing so I found out the difference beween Imperial and Metric so my manhood isn't average either
What a bummer....

Bold funny and interesting thread....

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
just want to say thank you to the orginal poster as I did a search on who has the highest iq and this lead to an interesting read.

a women with the highest IQ, read about her here and look out for the score: Marilyn vos Savant
en.wikipedia.org...

Look how hot she is as well.

Who here thinks they could entertain her in converstation at a resurant for more than 5 minutes?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by anomm

Fixed above video link; the irony in an IQ thread

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Great, now I have to change my signature...

Cheers
Shane
(But I was here before you)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Who is intelligent, and who is brighter?
My dog, or is that GOD? anyway, she is smarter than me, and the rest of you as well. Why, because she doesn't worry about any of the stuff we do.

She get free meals, free Pupperoni's treats, free health care, has someone else clean up her yard gifts, gets to go for rides in the car and let her nose fill up with juicy smells, sleeps on a nice soft clean bed, and never has to change linens or make it in the morning. Has never been made to learn tricks...(earn a living)
She sleeps 75% of the day, and blesses us with her presence when she feels like it. Gives us very indignant looks when one of us is sitting in her favorite spot on the couch...making us comply by moving over.
Doesn't do anything she doesn't want to. Has managed to make us love her, unconditionally.

So, you tell me...who is smarter? I think the dog has outsmarted us all.

If she had an IQ, I'd bet it would be somewhere in the 500's! Man isn't as smart as he thinks he is...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hm. I watched the interview..an hour almost, and found it somewhat frustrating because of the interviewer. He asks a question in three or four different ways, then winds up answering it himself. He never seemed to get the fact that in the interview she was the person of interest, rather than himself. He talked way, way too much. At some point she began squirming around and talking very fast, as if knowing she wanted to complete her thought before he interrupted her. Which he did quite often. Even after he interrupts her, as she struggles to complete her sentence, he actually talks over her. Unusual for someone who claims to be a professional interviewer?

Thanks for posting it nonetheless as I was curious to see her in action.

Edit: you will notice her actual IQ was never given, and I'm sure this was by request. It's not something most people are comfortable discussing, especially if it is well above average. Just sayin'

[edit on 7/24/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
hmm disappointing i took the iq test and i only scored 119 here is a screenshoot and welcome

[edit on 24-7-2009 by grimm703]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I liked her hair better than his.

My IQ is dropping like a rock on this site. But that's ok. I'll be happier if I can't think straight.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

lol! I can always count on you to be precise. And you are precisely right.

I'm outta here too.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by elarmstrongo

No, IQ matters not. Nor does money. I think that is the point of many of the posts.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I feel you need to be aware ...
That sarcasm..is the lowest form of wit..

You gained no merit from this post.

this post was not mean for you..forgive me.
It was meant for..Snisha.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by jean59]

[edit on 7/26/2009 by jean59]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jean59

I feel you need to be aware ...
That sarcasm..is the lowest form of wit..

Analagously speaking, are thought-terminating cliches the lowest form of fallacy?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Welcome aboard from the bottom of the economic ladder. I hope your stay here is as enjoyable for you as it is entertaining for us.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hi Shane.

Like you, I am also new to ATS and by a strange coincidence I also have an IQ. I believe this is going to be quite an enjoyable place to spend some of my free time.

willyclem

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Welcome, but if you think having a high IQ gets you any points around here, better think again. Most folks are fairly smart here, and usually better educated than most, as they've educated themselves. And those who haven't usually get educated by the rest of the membership in short order.

I'm pretty high IQ myself on a good day, but I've made my share of dumb remarks and unfounded opinions, for which I've been properly spanked, being smart doesn't prevent you from being dumb, too, on occasion. It just makes it more obvious when you are.

So just remember to back up what you say with proof and you'll be fine here.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join