It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from the Top of the IQ Scale

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Isn't it amazing? Everyone supposedly has a very high IQ and a very big penis --2 numbers that are always exaggerated. I've seen someone who has a 184 IQ on this thread. Cmon! 144+ is Genius, so you're what, a gifted genius?

I've been tested 3 times and my high is 154 and my average is 146. It was a study of hemophiliacs to see if their IQ's were higher due to the amount of time they research and read because they're always hurt and unable to do sports, or other activities that take away from reading and researching. The scientists and doctors who studied me said less than 3% of the population have an IQ above 140 (but over a staggering 70% say they have an IQ better than 130).

But from reading this thread everyone seems to be higher than 140, wow! Either the doctors didn't know jack, or many of you are stretching the truth a tad -especially those who say they have higher than 170. Do you know the number of recorded cases of people who scored higher than 170? Go ahead, take a guess. If you're 170+ scientists want to see you! Hell, if you're 160+ they do!

An IQ is just a pissin contest --like penis size. It doesn't matter one bit unless you know how to use it or know how to apply it, and many don't, which means many of us are just as dumb as the rest of you. Well, some.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

I guess I'm a tard - www.highiqsociety.org...
133 ain't no 154 though. Shame on me....

Oh 2nd go - 140. Wow I guess it only takes a couple minutes of repetition to elevate one's self to level of genius.
www.highiqsociety.org...
now I realize the first link just shows the latest result. There goes my fun. Now it doesn't even show anything. Phoey

[edit on 23-7-2009 by makinho21]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I was only kidding, I do not really have a ton of money, it weighs more like 1600 pounds but still pretty close. And that is only when you convert it to pennies. To be real though, does the I.Q. even matter anymore I can Google as fast as anyone. Most folks with a giant I.Q. have large ego and no friends or are "eccentric" and have no friends. so maybe i have a high I.Q. cause i got no friends.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
My IQ is 37 and EQ 290, perfect for milking

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I tested at a mere 120 when I was 16. when I was 20 I tested at 135. And my most recent IQ test revealed 150. So I do not know where I stand. Could have gone up or the tests might have gotten easier. In any case, I happen to think I am a fairly intelligent person.

Oh and welcome to ATS

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hello Shane..

Welcome...I hope you find what you are looking for.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randolrs1

It's a good thing people who join ATS don't have to pass an IQ test or because of their credit score.

I have heard that people who have high IQs are missing a few numbers in the beginning (common sense) due to their minds being someplace else. I used to have that when my wife would lecture me also.

I've been told I'm like an idiot savant. I suppose that genius level would have to be off the charts, if that was true. I have become more of a skeptic while here though.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Everyone on here, "nuh uh, my IQ is bigger then your IQ".

Lmao, competitive much?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Consistently at 145 throughout my life. Such a burden. Do you know how frustrated I get when people don't "get" what I'm trying to communicate? How many times in my life have I wanted to say "I told you so" but it is really useless.

My strength, especially since I'm a woman, is people always underestimate me....and I hate them for it.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You win. I can't match it.
Have fun, welcome to ATS and look forward to seeing you on the boards.
edit to add, is the IQ # the reason we don't have an avatar yet, can't fit all that brain into the size allotted?

[edit on 7/23/2009 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
LOL.... Fella, your thread has got to be the biggest joke I have seen in a while. I mean that.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here's the actual scale:

The average IQ is 100 with a standard deviation of 15. Meaning, 85 is low average, 115 is high average. The high/low applies within each range. So...

85-115 is average intelligence. This is the range where most people fall.

116-129 is superior range. This is where most professionals, college grads, doctors, professors, fall.

130-159 is gifted. These people are usually writers, physicists, etc.

160 and above is genius. What people don't realize is this is actually quite rare. Most people will live out their entire lives without ever actually meeting a true genius.

I could go in the opposite direction also, but I won't unless asked.
It goes down all the way to "profound mental retardation", which I have seen and which is devestating. The IQ is not high enough to command the body to perform simple tasks. They are bed ridden, and don't generally live long.

But the above is the actual scale.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

What's your position on Aliens and the like?

You a believer or a skeptic?

Whichever it be, the more people we have researching the closer we get to the truth.

Welcome again, and hope to see you around.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So how does the equation work out?

The higher the IQ the higher the ego?

I simply don't care what my IQ is and have no intention of having it tested. welcome.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see if ATS members IQ has actually changed since they've been here.
......and what IQ fall into which category as far as the believers and skeptics. Some people are book smart but not street smart....etc. Takes all kinds of people to make this site and world function.

I think it's sad how IQ is used as a standard. I suppose this has more to do with economics and hourly pay. Some people may be slow, but a genius at heart. I wouldn't want my commuter train operator with a high IQ, lost in their own thoughts texting operating it either.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randolrs1

i r 60 iq

wel come 2 ur forums
i luk 4d 2 bein edjumacated bi sucks a gr8 intelligents

What a tosser lol

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by makinho21

I could actually care less about what you think...and yes, you are very vulgar, but what I don't understand is why you directed these comments to me. I was trying to correct some of the "online" information, as what I present to you is the real deal, thank you very much.

Furthermore, I am not lazy, or any of the other things you mentioned, and you are completely out of line with these comments, sir.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by randolrs1

Truth be told, I do not consider IQ very important.

It is quite obvious to ALL of us that you do not consider it important, it's not as if you included it in the title of this trollish OP when you were so gracious to introduce yourself!

I am simply a man that is proud of his intelligence, it has been my life's passion to develop it and assist others in doing the same. Wouldn't your life benefit from thinking more intelligently?

I did not detect any aspect of altruism in your OP. Only a cacophonous, unsubstantiated, bugling of your "so called" superior intellect.

And by the way merely "thinking more intelligently" fails in benefiting one's life, would you not agree SIRE that it is the successful application/implementation of intelligent thought that is more beneficial to one's life?

"Pride is an admission of weakness; it secretly fears all competition and dreads all rivals" ~~~ Fulton J. Sheen

Yes, I am more intellgent[SIC] than most, but I am also intelligent enough to know I am not "better" than anyone for it.

It's a wondrous feat indeed that you are able to acknowledge that point SIRE because you misspelled "intelligent" once in the above post.

I suppose you were typing a response to this thread with one hand while the other hand was composing The G.U.T. right??? darn, anyone could make that mistake!

Many respondents assumed this was my consideration, considered I was claiming that they were "worse", and in defense, set out to make me "worse".

Actually, all that I am attempting do is point out "chinks" in the armor of your argument.

I don't intend to make you out as worse. Hell dude, you're the one that presumed to fire a shot over the collective bow of me and my fellow ATS'rs claiming your supposed "intellectual superiority" !

I apologize for the misunderstanding, but do see it is yours. In the future you will be ignored.

Sooooo you shall now apologize for MY misunderstanding

And you shall also "ignore" anyone who challenges your statements and only interact with people who submit to the dubious position of being your "intellectual heel-hounds"

Wow, sounds as if yet another member of the "coddled generation" is shrinking from lively debate. Too bad you don't have an "ignore" button for all of those face to face debates that pop up in life hmmmmmm...

"IGNORance is BLISS" eh Grasshopper?

To the rest, I appreciate your civility and look forward to participating in many discussions on ATS.

As long as no one challenges your delusions of grandeur... RIGHT???

"Human pride is not worthwhile; there is always something lying in wait to take the wind out of it." ~~~ Mark Twain

Now don't you mind my ramblings, I'm just a simpleton country boy from way down South... YEEEEE HAWWWWW

*edited link address

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Snisha]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I've often wondered what some of the real luminaries in history would have scored if given modern IQ tests?

What was the IQ of Aristotle? De Vinci? Tesla? And what about those that weren't necessarily known for their intellectual capability, but still changed history: Ford, Napoleon, Alexander?

Furthermore, it seems that none of the aforementioned would have ever been in a position to achieve what they did without the support of countless, unnamed (and presumably less intelligent) persons toiling to provide the support required for their grand endeavors.

Einstein may have been smart, but I'll bet if he had to grow his own vegetables he wouldn't have done what he did.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join