It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any sign of nibiru during the eclipse...?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1
Wow people really do go off on stuff they think is dumb and idiotic. I agree no niburu or whatever its called but i also dont believe in starchildren, indigos, crystals and many other new ageish stuff but i dont go tromping on what they believe in. I have been known to state why i dont believe in things but not to the point of using 5th grade humor and degrading the persons beliefs. This website is full of threads that are one persons fantasy and anothers belief. example: i am chrisitian and alot of people would say i shouyld also believe in the toothfairy as well. We are all entitled to an opinion but when opinion crosses the border into making jokes at someones expense its wrong IMO.
But hey as long as the mods thinnk its ok and it doesnt violate the terms of this website then i guess have at it. It just lowers my opinion of some people on here is all.

It's probably because people get tired of making the same points over and over, and the people just refuse to accept the facts of things.

There may very well be a "Nibiru" or 10th planet. It's not really something you can rule out completely. However, all that is said about it and 2012 and so forth, all that is myth and can be debunked very easily with some math.

Because of the distances and speeds of things, it just makes something like Nibiru impossible in the claims. People just don't really understand the extreme amount of distance that is "out there". For example, if Jupiter was to for some reason start heading directly towards the sun, it would still take it over 3 years to reach it. And that is in a direct path to the sun, and at the speed of mercury, so it would have to also speed up a bunch. I did it at the speed of mercury because the closer a planet gets to the sun, the faster it goes(Kepler's law). So that is an extreme measure for just 3 years.

As such the speeds needed for it to do such things in the proposed time scale is off the charts.

The entire thing is basically people attaching different things to each other for credibility. 2012 is a Mayan thing, from central and south America. Nibiru is from modern day Iraq. 2 separate sides of the world and 2 completely different things. But the Planet X supporters just took the 2012 thing and attached themselves too it for attention and credibility.

Hard to find very many things that haven't been attached to 2012 by someone. NWO, aliens, Nibiru, 2nd coming of Christ, the coming of the anti-Christ, Armageddon, end of the world, being sliced by some intense light and so forth. They get a date, and attach anything and everything they can too it. And when pressed, it's usually that disinformation is attaching itself to 2012 and the others are just to confuse people.

From my studies on the Mayans and what their culture is about is all about the development and progress of consciousness and it's exponential increase in the speed of that development. A calendar is about keeping track of "time", and time is an illusion of perception.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

It MAY be 50 trillion miles away (in 1983) Of course, it MAY just be an anomalous very distant galaxy...but let's say it's 50 trillion miles away, 26 years ago. Anyone care to do some math??? Try to figure out how fast it would have to be going to get close to Earth in only 26 years....anyone?

OK...I did it...long story short, wold need to be moving about 60,980 mps (miles per second). Compare that to the speed of light -- 186,000 mps.
That would be about 0.328 the speed of light...one third the speed of light!

Thanks for that
makes more sense than the rubbish spouted on YouTube and the such, I've never had anywhere to ask this question
Yes I did find it very unlikely to be for real but hard to find credible answers to the claim...

The sarcasmists? Thats all it was, a question.. I never said I was a believer

If not aimed at me then I still respect peoples views as believers and they are entitled to them, thanks for your input folks!

Time to wind some necks in here I think, no?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1
We are all entitled to an opinion but when opinion crosses the border into making jokes at someones expense its wrong IMO.
But hey as long as the mods thinnk its ok and it doesnt violate the terms of this website then i guess have at it. It just lowers my opinion of some people on here is all.

Well said, thanks

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Not to split hairs with Mr. Weedwhacker's calculator ... but if you read the Washington Post article in its entirety there is printed a distance correction due to an apparent typo at the very bottom of the page.

(ITEM 127)The distance from earth of a mysterious object in space was reported incorrectly in some editions yesterday. The correct figure is 50 billion miles.

And, as the venerable member said, I've done the math:

(Since most references use the metric system I've taken the liberty to convert)
50,000,000,000 miles = 80,467,200,000 kilometers / 26 years =
157,833 km/s.

(Reference- Speed of Light = 299,338 km/s)

In contrast, the earth's orbital velocity averages nearly 30 km/s. Most of the asteroids tracked by JPL's NEO program are traveling at half that speed and have far less mass (meaning they are harder to detect) than that of even the smallest observed planetoids, or dwarf star for that matter.

Hey, I'm all for believing in what the mainstream chooses to ignore, or is brain-boinked to disbelieve ...

but when the math is telling me this thing is (allegedly) coming at us at about half the speed of light and its mass is (again, allegedly) 30% to 70% that of earth ...
If you can grasp this reasonably, (provided you're not totally unreasonable, of course)

If it IS coming at us that fast, and is that large, then it would have been observed by now. Remember, it would not have any movement laterally (x or y axis) but it would grow larger in view - literally by the second at that speed. Something even the most novice of sky watchers would surely notice IMHO ....
Ya think?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LatentElement

Gotcha and thanks LatentElement

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I like how people jump all over Nibiru, calling "BS" (as they should). But.. they will defend crop circles predicting things, a calendar ending in 2012, lizard aliens disguised as humans in the government, ect ect... Weird isn't it? Same amount of proof on all subjects. Why do some people pick and choose like that? I do like some of the stories and speculation. But when people start throwing around "proof" from bad sources, it should become clear it isn't a true story. Basic research of Mayan history easily shows there was never a prediction for 2012 like we hear about today. Even better is, that 2012 date is only special because they wanted their calendar to START with a specific date. It could have easily been June 8th, 1956 instead...

Unfortunately, if a person only hears about a story from these sources, it would make sense to them it is a real story. Hence, Nibiru... no reason to jump all over a person because they were told wrong information. It is all about education. People used to think women got pregnant from kissing. Piles of dirty clothes and trash produced rats. Earth was flat.

No one should throw around insults or be surprised any story like this keeps popping up. Just clear up the info, thats all..

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Here is a site with the '83 article , and if you look around, I think there is a article from 2002 or some thing !!!

Surviving Nibiru / Eris / Orcus

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

How can you possibly read the same article that I just read, from the New York Times 1983, and not see that the concept of "Nibiru" as a threat is completely bogus??!!??

Honestly, even the perpetators of that website didn't seem to read the article, or to care what it said!!!

They even talked about stocking up on food, for chrissakes!!! Total insanity!!

Read up, in THIS thread, to know why.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Trust me, there is no ammount of government power that could prevent that kind of discovery to be kept secret, since all the independant astronomers in the world would be asking: What's that big brown thing in the sky?

~Keeper

The govt doesn't have to keep things secret. Most of us know 911 was an inside job and all of us know we were lied into holocausting iraq. But still nothing is done.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Ah ya beat me. Funny how no one saw that big ball that created a hole the size of earth on the bottom of Jupiter recently! But something snuck in there and made that blast hole. Anyway, no one said that Nibiru is that close to us to be able see like we see the moon. Could it not be possible that there is this planet out there that orbits very widely and could eventually pass through our solar system maybe crossing the orbit of Jupiter? Now, Jupiter still just looks like a pretty star in the sky to our naked eyes, so what makes you think that Nibiru is going to be so much more obvious to us? And what if it has not orbited that close yet? And what if it orbits perpendicular to us in some way? Just the new crater on Jupiter should tell us that we have no clue to all that is out there.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
We discovered about 4 more planets beyond of Pluto when we said that there weren't any more.

I don't see why Wormwood wouldn't be possible, to say that it doesn't exist at all is a little ignorant.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If Nibiru was made of 'dark matter', I think it would be hard to see. Until it was close enough to hide background stars.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Carry on folks, I got my answer a few posts back
Didn't understand it hence the question and now I don't believe it's true ether...

Thanks to most and shame on some! I suppose I have learned to make my questions a bit clearer..

Weedev the newbi

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedev
Carry on folks, I got my answer a few posts back
Didn't understand it hence the question and now I don't believe it's true ether...

Thanks to most and shame on some! I suppose I have learned to make my questions a bit clearer..

Weedev the newbi

Don't take it personal friend, this is ATS where even the skeptics have a pet crazy theory on something.

Chances are someone telling you that Nibiru can not possibly exist has some theory of their own about how the Easter Bunny secretly runs a hidden world government, or Rudoplh the Red Nose Reindeer is proof positive that free energy exists and can be used to light cities and power cars.

Every ATS Member has to ration how many crazy conspiracies we believe in or risk being carted away to a funny farm for believing in them all.

There are lots of people who believe in Nibiru!

And you know they just might be right, in the mean time though I am keeping my eye on that Easter Bunny there is something about him I just can't quite put my finger on and he just might be running the secret government!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
well we all carry their dna, we are all born born into slavery as they intended, and the cycle is just about complete, so a few years more and then we, well those of us that know, as in having the knowing, move to 4th density, nuff said, journey well my friends who are outside of platos box... vood out.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

thanks m7, you're the first to use the term Wormwood.

I heard a Coast2Coast show a couple of weeks ago, and there was a rather nervous whistle-blower fellow (I'll get his name later) who spoke of a brown dwarf star, which he called Wormwood.

He said the star was a dark twin to our Sun and has a orbit of some 3600 years.

He said the plane of its orbit was at a rather obtuse angle to our Solar plane, and was currently in the south hemisphere of our solar system, and it intersected with ours around the orbit of Neptune or so.

Then he gave some basic solar system mechanics which I'd like to share with you all. I don't know how true this is, it's just as I remember it (he he memory not so good these days either)... it goes something like this -

Ok, so you have a spinning star, that creates a rippled gravitational field around it, these ripples obeying the laws of harmonics. Thus like a radar sweep, the sun creates a gravitic/magnetic sweep that pulls us all along in the "valleys" of the ripples, and we roll around our orbits at our appropriate speeds.

This rippled plane corresponds in observable bodies, eg, the sun, the rings of saturn and jupiter, and the moons of various planets, that they all correspond in some form with each other.

OK so that's our solar system.

What he was saying is that there is a brown dwarf star, essentially a huge molten blob of iron the size of Jupiter, an enormous gravitic magnetic generator. It's red hot iron - or just a little cooler - brown hot, thus only observable in the low frequency (cool) infra-red band of light.

You'd need some very sensitive equipment to detect this, as it's not so hot, not emitting much light, but a very faint glow, and it's a very long way away, so you'd need a space-borne, super-cooled low band infrared
telescope... oh hey yes there is IRAS...

Curiously I used to work in a University and I was on the next corridor to the IRAS team... bunch of geeky blokes in tank tops and beards and glasses. Never did know what they were doing...

Anyway so he was saying that yes, IRAS is our early warning system for Wormwood.

OK, now for the fun part. Remember the gravitic plane that forms planet rings, solar system planes etc? well, he said, Wormwood has one of those, and rolling around in the plane around Wormwood are all sorts of fun things.. planets - (could this be where Nibiru is?) asteroids, bits of old iron, Ice, whatever - Hydrocarbon clouds, Insect Colonies, Bacteria, Viruses.. the list goes on, but none of it sounds at all pleasant.

So, as Wormwood passes by on its way, it's like a huge spinning sawblade cutting into our solar system.

So, its still not near us enough to see, but he says that the "ripples" on its outer rim would be starting to have influence on us, and he said the tsunami event in '04 was caused by this "ripple" pass through our orbit, and they would get more intense.

All sorts of fun would ensue once it was well and truly in our system and swinging around the sun for its return journey. He said the sky would appear to be falling, as iron-rich clouds would obscure the sun (the sun goes red), and molten material would rain from the sky, as our orbit would pass through its asteroid belt. This would in turn poison water, and kill crops, and we would be heading for a pretty miserable time of it.

So, I'm not convinced that things would go that way, and I would not go and build a bunker just yet, but there may be some kind of truth to it. there are too many questions still unanswered as yet.

Many of us feel there is *something* going on, something about to happen, and we're left guessing. This thing sounds like that on top of a global financial meltdown, rampant manmade and natural viruses, threats of war etc, that it would be the last thing we'd want...

Who knows, everything might turn out fine.

But I'm looking around for a cave...

[edit on 2009-7-24 by pr0metheu5]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pr0metheu5

Wow, not the OP but good luck to you..

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ok, he's called Gilbert Eriksen and I edited the recording from Coast. I'd forgotten this was the one I'd done. I have an advert-free media download so you can all hear for yourselves.

Hour 1

Hour 2

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Well, I am happy to report that the reports of our imminent doom are premature ---

Because,

...and it intersected with ours around the orbit of Neptune or so.

That's pretty bloody far out, mate. Remember, "My Very Earnest Mother Just Served Us Nice Pizza..." Except, now that Pluto has been down graded, we have to drop the "Pizza". Hmmm....now the 'N' makes little sense, need new nomenclature...never noticed nerdiness 'ntil now...

Anyway, carrying on:

...a spinning star, that creates a rippled gravitational field around it, these ripples obeying the laws of harmonics.

Oh, really? Give this guy the Nobel Peace Prize in astrophysics, then! AND, toss out Kepler, Brahe, Copernicus, Galileo, and Einstein...Sagan too.

You'd need some very sensitive equipment to detect this...

Yep!

... oh hey yes there is IRAS...

Yep!!

Wormwood ...rolling around in the plane around Wormwood .... Insect Colonies, Bacteria, Viruses..

This guy actually said this?!?

...Outer rim would be starting to have influence on us, and he said the tsunami event in '04 was caused by this...

"Would Be" starting to affect, but five years ago already has??
From that far away??!!

...and molten material would rain from the sky, as our orbit would pass through its asteroid belt.

YET...it's orbit intersects the orbit of Neptune? How does its "asteroid belt" come anywhere near the Earth?

I am sorry, I know this isn't YOUR 'theory', but really, this guy's story makes no logical sense. It is full of too many contradictions, and really, really bad 'pseudoscience'.

(tags)

[edit on 24 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Well, I am happy to report that the reports of our imminent doom are premature ---

Because,

...and it intersected with ours around the orbit of Neptune or so.

That's pretty bloody far out, mate. Remember, "My Very Earnest Mother Just Served Us Nice Pizza..." Except, now that Pluto has been down graded, we have to drop the "Pizza". Hmmm....now the 'N' makes little sense, need new nomenclature...never noticed nerdiness 'ntil now...

Anyway, carrying on:

...a spinning star, that creates a rippled gravitational field around it, these ripples obeying the laws of harmonics.

Oh, really? Give this guy the Nobel Peace Prize in astrophysics, then! AND, toss out Kepler, Brahe, Copernicus, Galileo, and Einstein...Sagan too.

You'd need some very sensitive equipment to detect this...

Yep!

... oh hey yes there is IRAS...

Yep!!

Wormwood ...rolling around in the plane around Wormwood .... Insect Colonies, Bacteria, Viruses..

This guy actually said this?!?

...Outer rim would be starting to have influence on us, and he said the tsunami event in '04 was caused by this...

"Would Be" starting to affect, but five years ago already has??
From that far away??!!

...and molten material would rain from the sky, as our orbit would pass through its asteroid belt.

YET...it's orbit intersects the orbit of Neptune? How does its "asteroid belt" come anywhere near the Earth?

I am sorry, I know this isn't YOUR 'theory', but really, this guy's story makes no logical sense. It is full of too many contradictions, and really, really bad 'pseudoscience'.

(tags)

[edit on 24 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

Yep My head is no good at explaining things too well, being a bear of little brain. If you listen to the tapes you'll get it from the horse's mouth.

By all means debunk it, but not my version. I'd be a much happier guy if it really is rubbish.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join