It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM-free Britain develops GM crops for Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

GM-free Britain develops GM crops for Africa

[url=source]http://www.eurobiotechnews.eu/service/start-page/top-news/?no_cache=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=10357&tx_ttnews[backPid]=12&cHash=74525dc6b5[/url ]

The plans are delicate because Britain has not allowed any GM crops to be grown commercially at home. The move to support the development of high-tech food for Africa is deemed as a way not only to to reduce poverty but also to gain acceptance for GM foods in Britain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-7-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
A few things worry me about this.

First, the most obvious: they've found a proving ground to test out genetically modified food. The US loves to keep up with the Jones', and I'm sure this will be no exception. Sees it's just a matter of time until we're all eating super-corn.

Second, the excuse that they're doing it to feed the poor and unfortunate. Everyone knows damn well that this food is just going to end up seized by this month's dictator and his People's Army. They're not going to feed the poor, they're going to create mutant mega-dictators. (joking...kinda).

Finally, I simply don't want to eat genetically modified mutant-vegetables. I just don't. This kind of research disturbs me.

TA

=10357&tx_ttnews[backPid]=12&cHash=74525dc6b5]www.eurobio technews.eu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Can't get that link to work, here's the blacklisted news link:
Link

TA

new topics

join