It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you really learned since joining ATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I've learned that there's a lot of bs on this site and a lot of people that force you to question their sanity. On the bright side I have learned some interesting things as well.

There are a lot of curious, open-minded people like myself out there which is comforting.

Overall, there's always something to read and always something to learn, if you can sift through the bs that is.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

A star for you eMachine because I really liked your post. Shareing ideas and learning something good or bad from each other makes us all a little smarter and in the end I believe more compassionate.
Magantice

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Oh jackflap you are soooo right. ATS is the place where you can discuss just about anything because nobody knows your name AND chances are others will understand you or at least your point of view. Maybe a co worker or family member might think you are a whack job but thankfully people here at ATS are seeking to learn what others have experienced so thanks for the great post.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have learned the MSM has done a great job dividing us._javascript:icon('
')

I now firmly believe people should only watch an hour of TV a day.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice

.....think twice before you get the swine flu shot. Who Knows man, it could have some self assembeling artificial cells with embedded information that could be triggered at a desired time in the future to target or destroy the host. ...
Respectfully Magantice

Thanks for the warning Megantice. I didn't get the 1976 swine flu shots - that later the government admitted were "only a test to see how fast we could innoculate the entire population". I didn't plan on getting the upcoming swine flu shots either; though, for a reason I haven't seen posted which has to do with autoimmuny.

As for the ahem ... whatever reason it is you mentioned ... Beam me up Scotty! NOW!

You did hear they are putting the vaccine into CORN right? They have to get the vaccine first of course ... but the prep work they are doing now.

Nano-tech bots in the vaccine? Haven't heard that one yet. Time-release capsules of nano-bots no less! Hurry up Scotty! What's taking you so long? Aaaaaargh! Scotty was eaten by Spock during a SURVIVAL EXERCISE!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

It certainly has shown me that I am not as kooky or insane as many others out there! Ha! But it has also enlightened me in ways no TV ever could! I love ATS, but the paranoia runs too rampant I think.

[edit on (7/23/09) by gnosis111]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by epete22

Hi epete22, what is this TV you speak of?

Thanks for the post, magantice

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I have learned that a majority of people still believe in the two party voting system. It's the ultimate distraction that causes people to fight the wrong fight.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Beautifully said Magantice. I'll just say, "ditto!"

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
1) ATS sends me more u2u procedure changes then the IRS
2) That a lot people mistakenly believe aliens are here to fulfill their wishes, when nothing like that has ever been reported by those encountering them
3) That the aliens (if that's what they are) may be tied to faeries and some of the mysteries "guides" of our past.
4) That most people are here for emotional reasons, some for the truth, and a few to push an agenda.
5) There are some very intelligent and well researched people here, even those that I disagree with--but they inspire me since those you disagree with but open your mind to their point of view are the ones that make real changes happen.
6) That the Egyptians built the pyramids--no aliens, no magic, just brain power and hard work.
7) Crop circles are human made--build one on the Moon I think we would all get the message then! No snow circles, sand circles, mud circles, crop circles burned into concrete, or in Antarctica or the Amazon. Just in the fields of England. Hmmm.

That Fox, MSNBC, and CNN suck, ha sorry...they really bother me. They are the priesthood of American culture. Telling us how to be cool, how to think, how to be zombies for a political cause. Anymore I go to Google News so I can scan 40-50 headlines and get the true "feel" for a story.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Myself still being in high school, I learned that teachers will teach and believe anything writen in a book. its quite pathetic but that's how the system goes.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

Originally posted by Nventual
I've learned that wolves post on sheep's clothing..

Expand on that a little for us, Nventual, please. Are you just saying people are hypocritical or what? Some of us haven't been around very long and would be appreciative of any insight you can give us.

Well firstly ignore the major typo I left in that post ("in", not "on").
What I mean is, there are many posters here - some notable, that seem very nice and genuine. Either intentionally or unintentionally on their half they post a lot of misguided information and facts. The thing is, question EVERYTHING. Don't just question the one side of it, question both - including what ever the 'innocent' person is saying. Simply because something is nice and loving doesn't mean it is false and misguided, ultimately leading to something bad.

That is what I meant. I don't want to name names, obviously. Hell, question everything I just said! Then you will understand what I'm trying say. Don't believe anything anybody says unless you have looked into the subject or case yourself and looked over substantial evidence. If there is no substantial evidence, despite what you and others would like to believe, it is mostly likely not true.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
i have learned this is a govt listenning post. designed to hear oppinions on different happenings and stories that occurr in daily life. purpose is to listen to views and oppinions of the peoples. this purpose is for to know all views and oppinions so how to deal with world situations. you are all being monitored here, wether you think so or not. it is being stored in a large data base and is being used today.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Learned? Very little.

What I’ve observed is people will do anything for a star or flag.
This includes posting the absolute filthiest examples of human nature and behavior in the glorrific (horrific) quest for the climb to the top of ATS ‘status’.

I’ve also observed a S&F system for recognizing posts does nothing but bring down a good sight like this.
That without a carrot and stick approach people with decent threads might get heard, the schlock would drop off and quality would be the theme for the day not quantity, dirt and glorified tabloid-ism.

I’ve learned if people had to actually post on a thread with some real content to show support (instead of just clicking a star then a flag button) you’d see a far different ATS.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE - I’ve learned there’re a great number of members who really get long so well with others, specific others, they’ll go to any extent to S&F that thread creator regardless of the content of the thread.

Ahhh, how nice to have fiends, I mean friends on ATS.

All this crudolla besides I’ve learned I like collaborative writing.

peace

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I have learned to ignore "disclosure" threads.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by guavas
I have learned to ignore "disclosure" threads.

Hahaha, I hear ya!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
If this site is a government monitored site then why don't the monitors take a deep breath and took a few notes from some of the people on here. Just cause obama is the president, doesn't make him the best problem solver, more minds more possibilities, more possibilities more problems solved

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

Me? I come here mainly to be entertained but I've also been enlightened and enraged in equal measure.

There are a few buddies on here that I'm sure must find it difficult typing with their strait jacket on but viewed with an open mind and a smile it doesn't offend.

What continually amazes me is how much time people must devote to ATS, I feel that I spend too much time on here often dipping in and out as I work (I own the company so I'm only stealing from myself
) Some threads are incredibly well put together, prolific research and 'evidence' presented with conviction and usually at first glance offer potential of something really intriguing and worthy of my time but sadly more often than not the case before the jury crumbles and the case is closed.

This is also a bit of a frustration for me as genuinely important discussions all too often fade into the ether as they don't have fancy graphics or videos to enhance the topic and the more whako threads get the most attention.

But overall I would miss visiting this site if it was suddenly taken down.

Cheers all

Berth

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I've learned people love to flame others for not agreeing with their views...and learned some take the interwebz way too seriously.

Other than that, I agree we are one. We're a species that's in serious trouble. We need to take care of this fragile planet...and not destroy it with pollution, war, nuclear/toxic wasting, and so on..

However, we are such wasters...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
That knowledge does not give you power.

That groups of "skeptics" and "theorists" are just as confused as anybody when it comes to the really important issues.

That, even at sites like ATS, the more crucial the issue, the less attention it receives.

That "Billy the Time Traveler" threads see far more debate than the USA's dire need for things like a fair voting system, exposing Dem/Rep fraud, abolishing lobbyists, pay to play politics, etc...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join