It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you really learned since joining ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
First of all I want to say this is a very good thread! Star & Flag
:up

I think ATS, is a unique forum, alot of the topics here, would be taboo in
the mainstream media.

We all come here to learn, share ideas, thoughts and facts even though
we can't agree to on them.

Many have had their eyes and minds opened, an awakening of sorts as to
the agenda's of TPTB.

Their are many intelligent, gifted people on ATS, whos threads and stories
can teach and inform us, they can make us happy, sad, or even mad, at
times! You have to choose what you believe and draw your own conclusions, and hopefully come away more aware and knowledgeable.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have learned too much from being here. I feel as though I have been given a special look inside if you will. It's not something that I could talk with everyone about in public. It sits in the back of my mind as I go through my busy days.

As I interact with people, and hear some of their confined ideas, I want to reach out to them, but I can't. There are no T&C rules in the real world and the things I now know would blow them away. So I usually sit, smile and nod in agreement. All the while being careful of what I allow myself to say.

As I converse with others, I can only deliver small pieces of insight to the things we've already discovered here. So as to spark their own curiosity. Never letting on that I know the answer, lock stock and barrel. I think to myself that maybe the small piece of truth I've afforded will lead them in the right direction.

I believe this site has strengthened my relationship with God in more ways than I can elaborate on. I've discovered lost people. I've discovered saved people. I have even talked with Angles here. I've even come across a wicked ancient evil, right here, within these threads. Oh, I have learned a few things alright.

I believe that same ancient evil has a way of molding impressionable minds to its liking as well. I see it. I've seen people claim that they do not believe in God because of ATS. I urge those who've made such claims to dig deeper. You may have to go around a few tough turns, and their is a lot of garbage to sift through, but if you want to find the truth you will.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

We will not be misled by those who offer no hope and leave us with a glorified picture of ourselves to hold dear.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I've learnt how widespread the issue of paranoia is.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Take everything with a grain of salt.

Everyone is out in this world for self-betterment, no matter what the means.

There are very few "nut jobs" as the media portrays them on actual conspiracy websites. Just people having a bit better of a conversation than most others have to offer.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
ATS to me had been like a number of jigsaw puzzle pieces, being thoroughly researched in many cases, to give another piece of a more definitive picture of world occurrences and why they may be happening.

To me this picture has opened my eyes to a greater truth and how we have been so stuck in a paradigm of believing in whats on the surface as true, in comparison to allowing myself to be more open to other possibilities.

ATS to me has been like a kick in the bum to wake up, even on a spiritual level.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

i believe that if anything goes down the ppl on ats will be the ppl 2 survive.cuz were bada** survivors

[edit on 22-7-2009 by shadow12]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I've learned nothing positive; and have come to grips with it.

From reading member's posts I've learned that:
1. Whoa! Evil DOES exist! It's clearly displayed in some posts.
2. Members PREFER un-truth while espousing to seek truth.
3. Members are so busy fighting an enemy they don't understand; they are unable to see that THEY have fallen prey to enemy propaganda as part of the agenda.
4. Bigotry is not dead. I've given up hope that it will ever be eradicated in my lifetime.
5. Members would EAT their own Mother or children in a survival situation.
6. Members would shoot a man stealing a loaf of bread out of their refridgerator - instead of giving him all the food he could carry home - AND a ride home!
7. Morals and integrity are more rare that diamonds in a jar of mustard.
8. Members are too lazy to research for themselves.

Now, none of the above shoes fit some members ... but, most members fit into at least one of those listed pairs of shoes.

I am sorely disappointed in humanity as a whole; if ATS membership is a fair example of proportionate representation.

If the shoe fits, eat it. If you THINK the shoe doesn't fit, you need to interogate yourself to find your real self hidden behind the mask. You are fooling yourselves. And for those rare few who really don't fit any of these shoes ... I applaude you. You will "know".

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I've learned that I'm not as liberal as I think I am.

I've learned that many people get WAY out of sorts if someone presents an idea that is not in line with their own or the mainstream/status quo.

I've learned that I don't have to have all of the answers in order to fell comfortable in life and that it is actually much more interesting to not have the answers and to seek them out.

I've definitely learned that my ideas are not set in stone and have actually changed my views on certain things a number of times after hearing a different perspective from someone else.

And that is why I come to ATS, though the hostility FROM BOTH SIDES, get too overwhelming sometimes. But I am not a person who wishes to only surround myself with those who have the same views as I do. It gets pretty boring and it stunts my growth when it comes to knowledge. I just wish people would calm the heck down when someone even mentions something that is not based in scientific fact. We've come A LONG way throughout human history when it comes to the way we perceive the world and the things we know to be true. But we've also had to change those views many times when we've found something to be true that we original ridiculed someone for even THINKING up the idea.

We don't know everything. There's still lots of things to be learned and many truths to be sought out.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I assume you fit into none of the shoes you've assigned to unmentioned members then?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well... it's a tough question for me, because I joined after a few years of my husband telling me about everything he was reading here...

Since I personally joined, I've learned that I love you all too much to argue with any of you. We're all in this together, regardless of what our personal truths are. I learn more about myself reading your posts. I've learned to feel and be compassionate again, rather than just bogged down and depressed about my own life. I've learned that the world is more beautiful with a place for us to come and spill and share. I've learned to respect where others are on their own journeys and appreciate them.

I've also learned to be a bit more open about ideas with some people in real life, and in so doing I have learned that many of them are unexpectedly on the right track, with some sort of idea that things are amiss.

I've learned that I will often star people just because I can see and respect their opinion, only to read an opposing point later and star it too for the same reason.

And I told Republican08 to post this thread like a week ago, but I'm glad he didn't, because the usual suspects would have just flamed him. This turned out much better! Thank you for posting the thread instead.

[edit on 7/22/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

damn, I laughed so hard i startled my wife into spilling her drink..

completely on accident of course...

that was one of the best posts iv ever read....

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, I went from being the most gullible person to the least gullible (As stated by my friends).

I think deeper about everything. I doubt superficial intentions and make conspiracies. And you know what? My hypothesis are usually correct.

ATS is not like the Wall Street Journal community or some other forum, ATS is pretty much a automatically updating manual on knowing.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

I assume you fit into none of the shoes you've assigned to unmentioned members then?

Exactly right!

By seeing evil eye-to-eye - one loses their innocence (spelling?) and the taint is contracted by the seer. So yup, I'm mean now, and not so nice anymore. Evil is contagious.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I've learned a few things alright!

I am Satan, I am God, I am Lucifer, I am Jesus. I am any god man has created, because man has created the god. We are God.

I have also learned that there are two sides to every story, and to take NOTHING at face value. Go research it for yourself if you're not sure..

ATS changed my entire world, it has made me view things much differently. Who stands to gain? Who stands to profit? What possible outcome could arrive from *insert situation* that could benefit someone. Not always does an event fit this way, but often it does.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I learned that after I am done writing my post I like to add three periods...

i think it adds some sort of drama...

like maybe theres something im going to write that will sequel what I just wrote and have some deep message that will seep through my words and somehow the three periods adds just the right amount of exclamation...

or maybe not...

see, i cant stop...

i dont know why...

help...

edit to add:...

Im an idiot...

[edit on 22-7-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
That's a very good question.

I've learned a whole lot about people, but almost nothing about reality. I've seen that many of us on ATS are divided between "Infidels" and "True Believers", two warring factions that both have The Truth(tm), and won't listen to arguments against their positions. They've made up their minds, so don't confuse them with the facts.

I've seen that a lot of people think a good response to someone's questions is to insult them for questioning them, calling them stupid, gullible, "on meds", a "noob", a Democrat, Republican, conspiracy nut, bone-headed skeptic, and on and on and on. I've seen fine threads degenerate into name-calling.

I've seen people who have presented well-considered, thoughtful, fact-filled information that must have taken hours to research and work up into a coherent post (or set of posts). And I've seen people who haven't bothered to read the post, but started arguing against points the OP never made.

I've seen a whole lot of people who seem to be just itching for Armageddon, and post every little oddity as a clear indication that it has begun. Many of them seem to be looking forward to the end of the world, the breakdown of society, the end of life as we know it, and so on. Must not have cable or something.

And yet, I see people who try to learn the facts, who neither BELIEVE nor DISBELIEVE, who simply want to find out what the truth is. It is these folks, apparently in a minority, but still active, that keep me coming back. Maybe they're not really in a minority here. Maybe they just keep quite, want to avoid getting into arguments with name-callers or insulting people. I don't know. But I am grateful for them. They make ATS worthwhile.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Hi Trexter Ziam, Im so sorry that you so far havent found anything positive on ATS. Most people do find plenty of positive things to mull over on ATS.
My only advise to you , although you didn't ask for it, is this.....think twice before you get the swine flu shot. Who Knows man, it could have some self assembeling artificial cells with embedded information that could be triggered at a desired time in the future to target or destroy the host.
You expexted that didn't you?
Respectfully Magantice

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've learned: UFOs are of extraterrestrial origin, to eat healthier and take care of my body, the power of the mind, to be more compassionate with people, and that the government loves us

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
That there are some absolute bats%$! crazy people in this world living in a constant state of delusion and paranoia. I don't know how anyone can live like that, but the stats show many have latched onto Jesus for help.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Or one can be emboldened by its audacity and put it in its place. Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

There is always forgiveness.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by jackflap]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join