It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you really learned since joining ATS?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
i have learned lots of useless information

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Today I learned that some subjects such as What ever happened to please and thankyou, as well as Dizzy while meditating, and like subjects qualify for threads on ATS.

I've learned that Dump your guts in 10 lines or less, which is seeking the Secrets in the souls and minds of mankind, belongs in BTS.

I've learned that one persons distaste can get your thread moved or eliminated.

I've learned who the cry babys are.

Respectfully, Magantice

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

its a shame you ended the thread.. due to the negativity of some. thats what I learned from ATS... that there is two sides to everything. I have enjoyed learning, opening my mind, searching for answers and hearing other peoples opinions. I have learned to be open to changing my opinion!
I have also learned that ATS can be addictive.. is there a help group I can join!!! I love ATS!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have learned :
- many people think their opinions are actually facts (very frustrating)
- people used to start any BS thread to get their ATS score higher
- some people believe some of the craziest stuff I have ever heard of
- some of these same people are probably around me in the real world and it is scary
- I can always find at least 2 sides to everything on ATS
- that I was right to never tell anyone I visit this place

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Well, Im back folks. I wanted to thank everyone for the great links to Utube videos that were so helpful and for all of the endless research you've all done. I have to say that, Ive learned more here at ATS than I did in college and I had a 4.0 gpa there. This is real life and real importance and because of you , the rest of us newbys can go from being sheeple to actually being able to sort thru the BS we have always been taught and see what is really going on in the world. The short stories are wonderful as well as the music. Im meeting really nice people and one or two dingle berries. I have great pictures to share but I just cant get it on how to put them in a post. I will keep trying. I also still need to learn to change the picture in my avatar. To you newbys....Please share with us what you found most helpful and what really really interests you.
Thanks,

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I have learned that nothing great lasts long. Its sad how far ATS has fallen since i 1st joined. Those were the good ole days.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I have learned that "agenda" is everyone's favorite word.

also that my faith in God still stand's strong if not stronger.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Brydaws

Amen, the more they try to disprove him, the more powerful he becomes in my life
Forgive them for they know not what they do

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Brydaws

douple post

[edit on 1/29/2010 by zoso28]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Reply to post by Magantice

It takes all kinds and a lot of those kinds will complain endlessly about the kinds with whom they identify themselves by their opposition to.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
I have learned that nothing great lasts long. Its sad how far ATS has fallen since i 1st joined. Those were the good ole days.

Well I do agree that a lot of people simply post news articles we have all read anyway, but was it as you say "Better" befor I joined? Darn, I miss everything. But hey I just learned that a red star on government sites represents communism. See I didnt know that. I grew up as a sheeple. If it wasnt for ATS and my research, I might have died as a sheeple. Ok well I dont claim to have learn all the truths yet, but I do know its all been a lie.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
When I joined, I was already entrenched in conspiracy theory stemming back from the late 1980's when I encountered some people who in that time had group video meetings where they would play videos like William Cooper and discuss very early NWO concepts; Iran contra scandal, concentration camps.

Paltalk lead to an invite to ATS where I quickly discovered lots of great threads and amazing effort put into some of the research. There were a lot of other threads not so amazing; and clearly not as thought out. Many of mine being guilty of this slacker approach to thread writing.

As for learning; my views have not changed much. I still believe in Government sponsored mind control; social engineering and cover-ups. That disinformation is used as a weapon to keep us; the sheeple asleep while our alleged masters weave their tentacles of control around every faucet of our lives.

However, I did learn to strive for greater meaning in how I post. And to try to see everyone's side of the story. I learned about Fractal Reality and was linked to Tom Campbell's site where I learned reality originates from consciousness; and this furthered my understanding of the link between dreams that come true and the actualization of probable reality that they represented.

That helped me descend further down the rabbit hole and now accept the dream we often mistake for reality at a much more profound level of understanding.

It's good to lurk on the Internet.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
i have learned:

* i am easily amused and can usually find something to read here that holds my interest.

* that i wish aliens and flying saucers were real but that most UFO sightings/experiences can be reasonably and logically explained.

* that there are some really intelligent people here whose knowledge i envy.

* that there are some here who tell whopping big lies, lol. and a lot who believe them.

* that i am a bit of a skeptic.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
That people are have no idea what it means to be here

: Oneness

: God

: being fikle about idolgy

: rant and rave

: Get banned a lot for being honest

: but then again.. i still love ats

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I have learned that there are a lot of disturbed people out there who come to the internet to express their sources of disturbance, I have learned to stay away from rant threads because they get so loaded down with those who want to beleive certian topics, it is pure insanity to read, almost painful to know that these people are serious. But I have also learned that ATS can break news about most every topic available and have it turn out to be true, threads with viable sources are a pleasure to read here.
I have learned several articles to keep for starting fires.
I have met some extremely intelligent people here, and participated in some controversial topics, my fears always calmed by those same intelligent people, lol!
I have learned that when we see children on ATS, encourge them to participate, but always let them know ATS can have an effect on the mind when first delving into it, members should always use caution and don't screw with the kids minds, direct them to responsibl resources.

Edit to Add: I also learned the meaning of : TPTB IMO IMHO and many others terms, still don't know what OP is.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by space cadet]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I was gone in most of 2009 so I missed this thread

But to add my cents, I would say since I joined ATS, I learned that being apart of a community where critical thinking and rhetoric run amok, is a blast!

I never even thought about forums or blogging, let alone writing before I came to ATS, I just had Ideas. But after I joined its like everything I wanted to know about became more apparent. links to links to links to links, you find yourself researching, and next thing you know you should just thank ATS, because you might have just learned a bunch of new things over a short period, all because you disagreed/agreed with someone in a thread.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, coming back to this thread after another couple of years here on ATS, I've come to the conclusion that being the first few people making just about any comment on just about any story get lots of stars. Obviously making a comment which is posted on page 4, 9, or whatever page can also result in a great number of stars but the first few always get starred.... Why?.... who knows.....

Example: someone starts a thread entitled "We're only an electron in an atom of Fluorine". They then proceed to explain that because there's 9 protons and 9 neutrons (in reality the sun) forming the centre of an atom of fluorine and because of all the "negative" things that have and continue to happen on earth over the course of history, the planets and earth (nine of them) must be the electons forming that atom. This person would be called a loon or be told that it's an interesting concept and be awarded stars, whatever.....

However, the next few posters regardless of what they say will also get a huge amount of stars....

Check it out over the next couple of weeks. See if I'm right or wrong....

So, that's what I learned since my last post on the topice "What have you really learned since joining ATS?".....

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Since joining ATS I've learned to grow a very thick skin a few of my threads were tore apart but i sucked it up and moved on..I've learned there is alot of story tellers and goof balls on the Dreams & Predictions forum but i love the forum and keep comeing back for more its just to entertaining..One thing i have learned is everyone on ATS has a different opinion on things and that is what makes the world go around..I joined ATS for the Ancient civilizations, myths and Legends threads and ive learned alot about our ancient past there is truly some very gifted people on ATS with alot of knowledge..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Through the exchange and my own sharing, I've learned that I'm really a sacred being in disguise and that it's time to remove the mask.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I've learned a hell of a lot on this board. I actually had to republish an entire new edition of a book because of what I learned on this one forum alone. Thats pretty good, and definitely worth the time I spent here.

Sadly, I've also learned that most people who care deeply about what's real and what's true are emotionally affected by the topic to the degree that they're not really able to discern either truth or reality. I include myself within this bunch of people, and have no illusions about my own ability to separate the objective from the subjective when the answer will clearly affect me at a visceral level.

The more you learn, the less you believe with solid conviction. I've learned that since being here and learning everything else I've learned.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join