It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you really learned since joining ATS?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I can tell you about a thing i haven't learned...

Springboard is not loading on one of my machines and i do not know why

Whatever i do its the same problem for a particular machine that runs on w xp.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that since I've been reading things on ATS, my friends and especially my sister have learned that I am a crazy person.........but I have to say that I don't feel crazy........or am I?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have learned tolerance in a lot of areas.
I have learned, regardless of evidence and fact, that people will believe what they want to.
I have learned I am not the only one that thinks religion is a epidemic of catastrophic proportions which has had a key role in dismantling world peace and civilization.
I have learned there are many things I don't understand and learned that sometimes not understanding them is what we have to accept even if we don't want to.

I have learned sheep populate even the vast regions of earth as they are unwilling to question their beliefs.

I have learned some new info with aliens and some stories I have never seen.

Ultimately I have learned we are always learning and that those with closed minds are lost.

But I really didn't learn all this from ATS. It just helped found those ideals more as I witnessed what happens here.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Although I enjoy the site, I have noticed the increased amount of Trolls with alterior purposes flooding the 'new' thread discussions with topics with little or no merit for the concerns of 'today'.

I have also noticed the amount of obvious trolling going on within the threads themselves.

ATS has some smart folk here and I'm sure many know what I say and know it to be true. Common sense prevails if one chooses to listen to what their intellect and intuition is screaming at them to listen tO. Listen to the motives, listen to the replies, pay attention to what does NOT make sense. More than likely, it was not meant to.

What concerns myself is the lack of concern of the moderators with this issue. If someone is busted for deliberately feeding disinformation and repeatedly lying about their purpose here on ATS which at times is quite apparent, they should be banned or at least investigated.

I don't comment much here anymore since the site appears to have been taken over by the likes of the MOSSAD, CIA, NSA and the like.

I kept hearing the word 'paranoid' on this thread. Examine that word in the context of the sender's message. Then look up their threads and ask yourself, who are these people and why are they here?

Paranoid? Please, anyone with common sense that has any idea about what has gone on the past, present and near future has every reason to be 'concerned' and should be tuned into this site and others to find out the Truth about where they are being headed, by whom, and why.

The ATS folks know the answers to these questions and should very well know what I say and where it is coming from.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
i've learned that people can't(/won't) see what's right in front of their face, a lot of the time.

like this, for example:

i find that highly disturbing. don't you?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I have learned that awareness is measured in degree's - and many of those who claim awareness, have simply switched one set of beliefs for another - they have just become ignorant in a new way - instead of questioning the entire truth/belief paradigm.

I have learned that despite distrust of the MSM - that MOST people are still totally controlled by it - that the brainwashing goes so deep, that politics and geopolitics have been hammered into them so that it influences them without their conscious knowledge.

I have learned that there is always someone posting here who has new information, and many who have deep technical knowledge - unfortunately, their wisdom often falls on deaf ears.

There is always more to learn - and there is always someone posting here who has something valuable to say.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I have learned that if you stretch the limits of your imagination and beliefs then you are more comfortable thinking outside of your programming.

After all of that is done, you usually go back to the original programming for the important decisions.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I've learnt that once you get on the wrong side of certain mods, no amount of manner or decorum can save you. There is no making up for mistakes.

Thank the gods there is no such thing as Interweb tazers !!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Ive learned that the life on Earth will end tomorrow , and then again the day after that, and then again the following day and every day till it ends.

I found out that Aliens exist , and they don't exist.

I learned that the Government are liars and corrupt and it reaffirmed my suspicions about them.

I learned that the public are lazy and greedy.

I learned that the mass people are stupid, but the odd single person can be blessed with the odd glimmer of intelligence occasionally.

I have learned that Ghosts don't exist but there are pictures of Ghosts.

But above all I have learned that I am paranoid.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I learnt that ATS slows my computer to a crawl that would make a snail look like a marathon runner; that it's so riddled with ads and nonsense that it often locks up Firefox and makes it entirely non-responsive; that there is no logical flow to threads because 'the conversation' is disjointed and difficult to follow.

Also I have learnt that, rather than legitimate discussions, a majority of the threads are riddled with trolls who lash out at every possible opportunity at other posters or that threads are so rife with flame wars as to make the posted topic impossible to discern.

Occasionally there are some interesting items worth the time and effort...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Ughh!

I've learnt that some people think absolute crap, and extreme paranoia is rife amongst the majority.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tenacitus

I learnt that ATS slows my computer to a crawl that would make a snail look like a marathon runner; that it's so riddled with ads and nonsense that it often locks up Firefox and makes it entirely non-responsive; that there is no logical flow to threads because 'the conversation' is disjointed and difficult to follow.

Also I have learnt that, rather than legitimate discussions, a majority of the threads are riddled with trolls who lash out at every possible opportunity at other posters or that threads are so rife with flame wars as to make the posted topic impossible to discern.

Occasionally there are some interesting items worth the time and effort...

It's a shame people are often obsessed with predicting the end of the world (how many wrong so far?? 20? 30? 100?!!!), Obama's nationality and many other hysterical threads. There are only a few that discuss real issues that matter.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have learnt that crazy people dont know their crazy!

And that some people get wound up too easily

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I second that notion.
Strongly believe it.

Well maybe God should get into the crop circle business... seems a good medium to get messages across

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What I have learned since I joined ATS except that there are far more strange events happening out in the world that I was aware of.

I have also improved my english writing even more.
But the best part is... I have learned to know new friends here.

to be able to discuss with people like mikesing, Zorgon, Easynow,Internos, Phage and more is a privilege. I am glad we have all these info digging people here.

But I have not only learned here, I also try to teach more people about opening their minds, thinking outside the box and to try and concider things that does not apply to our logics. I have no idea how successful I have been with this though, haha...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have learned you have to repeat yourself continually.

People don't read the post.

No amount of verifiable evidence will sway someone's opinion.

People believe what they want to believe.

[edit on 033131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
That there are a lot of loons out there with some pretty weird ideas.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
That there are a lot of loons out there with some pretty weird ideas.

Yea, lol, pot.

[edit on 043131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well I have learned there is more mad people than i thought that would belive anything but the truth

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I've learned that because I am a Christian, I am only slightly less intelligent than people who believe that they are vampires.

I've learned that puberty is now an indigo colour.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join