It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darklands perhaps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I figure it's about time I write this thread.
My girlfriend and I have known eachother since we were in kindergarden. I know her about as well as anyone else, except her sister. The girl doesn't lie, in-fact she's probably one the most honest people I know.

Anyway, about a year ago a friend of mine and I were talking about fairy paths, or places where the "veil is thin" so to speak. My girlfriend was sitting beside me. It was a pretty speculative conversation. My friend brought up the notion that we should try to find a way in to that other place.
The place was the "darklands" or the shadow-world, popular in celtic myth. About that time my girlfriend, who had remained mostly silent, said we shouldn't go there because we had no idea what was in there. We kinda looked at her and she told us she had been there.
Of course we thought she was joking, but she was dead serious.
She went on to tell us that when she was in 5th grade a group of friends and her were hanging out one night and they were just there all of a sudden. She doesn't remember how she got there, it happened several times, she doesn't remember exactly what it was that was there but she remembers it wasn't nice. She got scratches from things in there sometimes.

I'm not usually one to believe such exuberant claims but, I can't help believe her. She just isn't lying. I know she's not making it up.
It's just crazy though, I mean this happened several time over about a year. The whole group was involved.

So I'm looking for any similar experiences or anything.
/crazy sounding

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Cool story. I wish she had more details. Do you live in Ireland?
Did you read this thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I could really use this if it had more detail in our Space Opera.

Maybe some others will have somethings to share.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I don't know really if it's that she doesn't have more detail or that she doesn't want to think about it or sound crazy.

I do know that, and I know this sounds dumb, she says they had specific powers or something like that. Only over there would they be able to use them though.
Hers was storms, which is strange because we both had the feeling we could call the wind around that time in our lives. Something I attribute to an overactive imagination usually.

And no, I live in the states unfortuneately. Ireland has called to me though.

join