It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

69 on Navy ship test positive for swine flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

69 on Navy ship test positive for swine flu

An H1N1 outbreak is confined to sailors and Marines aboard a helicopter carrierPOSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Jul 22, 2009

At least 69 sailors and Marines on a Navy assault helicopter carrier tested positive for H1N1 swine flu and were confined to the ship at Pearl Harbor.

The Marines and sailors are part of the 4,000-member contingent assigned to the USS Boxer, which arrived here on Thursday and will leave today for its home port of San Diego.

Lt. Cmdr. Sarah Self-Kyler, spokeswoman for the San Diego-based 3rd Fleet, said that no Marines or sailors with flulike symptoms were issued liberty passes.

Self-Kyler said all sailors and Marines going on liberty here must pass through a heat sensor. If they have a temperature of more than 100 degrees, they are checked again, she added.

Source : Star Bulletin

Hadn't seen this on any of the bigger news sites, but thought it might be of some interest here.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have nothing more to say other than it is so sad that so many are being infected. This is not a good time of year to have the flu as it will weaken the immune system for the real season in the fall and winter.

I hope they are back up and strong very soon, but you know it is odd that it affects otherwise healthy people, ususally our immune systems are strong enough to fight this kind of thing especially with all the fresh fruits and veggies eaten during the summer... Now wait a minute, could it be passed via the fruits and veggies?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Can you say "vaccine test subjects"?

Soldiers take note.

Peace

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Originally posted by Dr Love
Can you say "vaccine test subjects"?

Interesting how great minds think alike ...

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That's got to be a crappy situation.

I hope that they in calm waters.

I feel sorry for the sailors.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Wildbob77]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
My buddies wife is a nurse at a naval airstation here in Florida. She said that they have had about 40 cases of swine flu come in the doors of the naval hospital. Now according to her, it's not a real serious illness. She elated to the fact that these Marines and Sailors come in infected with it but take the medicine and are better afterwards. Now my buddie's wife is a professional and she takes her work very seriously. I know her fairly well and dont' believe that she'd fabricate any stories.

new topics

top topics

join