It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stone Age Murder: Spear Wound Shows Human Killed Neanderthal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Yeah. I think I saw this on Cold Case files. Seems this poor Neanderthal was killed by some Cro-Magnon named Larry.
And this is why spears should be outlawed.
Spears kill.

Your point?

I mean, really...what are you contributing to the thread with that comment?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Does anyone find this stunning in concept that a Neanderthal was killed by a spear?

We modern man kill anything and anyone different from ourselves. We kill other tribes, other cultures, even those on other blocks in the same town.

So why wouldn't we kill another species?

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by asala]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

My, aren't we precious?

In my entire experience on this site, I haven't yet found anyone to be that bereft of content that I felt I needed to put them on 'ignore'.

Well, up to now, anyway. Happy Trails.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Hmm true and good point. I will have to look into it more. But whatever the case, whichever author, they certainly knew the Norsemen well...

You were so right! I am a fool

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Ridhya]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya

Hmm true and good point. I will have to look into it more. But whatever the case, whichever author, they certainly knew the Norsemen well...You were so right! I am a fool

Just because it fooled you, that doesn't make you a fool. It shows that you have imagination, and that attribute is integral to science.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm surprised that people are still surprised to find out people kill other things. Many things in nature kill other things for one reason or another. Maybe the victim was causing trouble and they did him in. In any case it shows the development of warfare and weapons. The guys with the best toys will probably win. More importantly would be the intelligence to plot and plan better than your adversary. Could you imagine seeing the "first" spear or any weapon for that matter. It was probably very intimidating.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Metalmind]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join