It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Effects of Solar Bombardment on earth...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Recent effects of solar bombardment on Earth.

Render of solar wind & magnetosphere. (Source Unknown)

After two years of a very quiet solar minimum, our sleepy sun has stopped hitting the snooze button and is showing signs of switching into 2nd gear. I know this is a complicated subject, but please bear with me.

Decreased solar wind over the 3 year solar minimum has weakened our magnetosphere - the protective "shield" around our fragile ecosystem. After two years of a very quiet solar minimum, our sleepy sun has stopped hitting the snooze button and is showing signs of switching into 2nd gear.

Our solar cycle, in a galactic context. (Source unknown)

Decreased solar wind over the minimum has weakened our magnetosphere.

This weekend, A coronal hole sent us a large stream of magnetic and charged particles which started to interact with Earth beginning early this week.

I have found a correlation between the activity and the following terrestrial effects and I am certain that they were solar induced.

1) increased electrical storm activity due to increased ionospheric convection and electron content.

Lightning activity in Canada during height of dayside solar bombardment. (C/O Environment Canada)

2) several large Earthquakes and many smaller ones within an hour of the spike in solar ejecta interacting with our geosphere.

Earthquakes happening around peak of dayside solar bombardment are in RED (C/O IRIS SEISMON)

3) Instrument failures amongst satellites.

GOES satellite status page showing instruments affected by spaceweather. (C/O NOAA)

Also I have found some more eccentric connections that I'm reluctant to share because everyone thinks I'm crazy already, but whatever, I will push on. There is always resistance to fundamental changes in our perception of our world - but this is a matter for psychology. Galileo was forced to recant his observations when they didn't match up with the status quo.

Solar activity has the effect of evaporating more water among mid latitudes especially (but low and high as well). This warm air gets sucked into the jetstream. Meanwhile super cool air masses are pushed from the poles into the jetstream as well. Watch for hurricanes in the near future.

Here are my initial observations with lots of pretty pictures: solarimg.solarsciences.org...

I used ground based magnetometer chains, the GOES satellites, Canadian RADAR and lightning detection systems and the NICT RTMS magnetosphere simulations mostly, although I have reason to believe that some data either glitched or was intentionally falsified. Take a look at Chris on YouTube: www.youtube.com... his work is great!

I could use some more nerds to help if they can spare some time! SolarIMG (Solar Internet Meeting Group) is starting to really get some momentum.

The mainstream is starting to take notice.

I am concerned about solar induced ground currents and their effects on power grids. Do you remember the Northeast blackout?

A Hydro-Quebec transformer destroyed by a 90 second solar induced ground current. (Source unknown)

Also worth considering are the solar effects on our GPS & comm satellites - especially considering the state of the economy. If we lose GPS, the food delivery industry will not continue to function as it currently does.

A CG representation of all satellites currently in Earth orbit. (C/O Celestia)

I hate to say it but no one can even read a map anymore. Even military weapons guidance systems rely on GPS!

We're completely reliant on vulnerable technological networks for many crucial societal systems and I believe more study is required. We're at the bottom of the curve, and we don't know how high the rollercoaster really is.

SOHO images of the sun during different years within the last solar cycle. (Source Unknown)

Most people are unwilling or unable to see the forest for the trees. The typical line of thought is "ah, the sun has always been there - it hasn't affected our lives! We're cool!" - but the Sun affects every system on our entire planet. With humans, biologically it affects cholesterol levels, the endocrine system, possibly even pineal gland activity it causes situational anxiety, and even creates traffic accidents!

Solar events affect weather systems, it has volcanic and seismic effects and even affects migratory patterns of animals. I have the peer-reviewed papers if you don't believe me.

Nothing on our little speck is left untouched by the whims of our little star and as we transit the two interstellar clouds, we can expect more turbulence around the heliosphere due to magnetic reconnection.

I couldn't have gotten so far without the help of many people around the world! Don't be shy! Many people who were reluctant to participate or intimidated by the subject matter have made amazing contributions! We can understand this! Does anyone remember the recent story of the 14 year old girl who found a very rare pulsar? What bout the "amateur" scientist who is responsible for modern meteorology itself?

I don't get my hope and change from a politician.Recent effects of solar bombardment on Earth.

Render of solar wind & magnetosphere. (Source Unknown)

After two years of a very quiet solar minimum, our sleepy sun has stopped hitting the snooze button and is showing signs of switching into 2nd gear. I know

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
After two years of a very quiet solar minimum, our sleepy sun has stopped hitting the snooze button and is showing signs of switching into 2nd gear.

After two years of a very quiet solar minimum, our sleepy sun has stopped hitting the snooze button and is showing signs of switching into 2nd gear.

What's with this?

Fear mongering?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Trunkeight

I wouldn't worry mate. If anything happens we will just have to live with it, and if we die then so be it.
We won't live forever in this body and when your final day comes it will feal just like today!
So chin up and thanks for the read!
I love the sun

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Good thread. I got the pleasure of watching the Northern lights that that crack in the magnetosphere provided a few nights back. They were different than most I have seen. They usually just go in one general direction and slide through the night sky. This show ran in multiple directions and almost seemed to twist and turn. Luckily it happened on one of the clearest nights in a while.

The sun controls so much more of our lives than we are aware of, and any further investigation/analysis is always welcome IMO. As far as fear mongering goes, today's movies will accomplish that far more than ATS ever will. ATS just takes these extremes and tries to validate them or debunk them.

top topics

join