It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suburban New Yorker Charged With Being Al Qaeda Fighter and Attacking U.S. base in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Suburban New Yorker Charged With Being Qaeda Fighter - ABC NEWS

A man from a New York City suburb has been charged with joining Al Qaeda and taking part in a rocket attack against a U.S. base in Afghanistan.

Prosecutors from the U.S. Attorney's office in New York alleged in court papers unsealed today that Bryant Neal Vinas, 26, of Long Island received al Qaeda training in Pakistan between March and August 2008. He is also accused of taking part in a September 2008 rocket attack against U.S. forces.

Vinas has worked as a truck driver and for the Long Island Rail Road, a major commuter rail line in and out of New York City. Public records indicate lived in Patchogue and was a registered Democrat who voted in local elections in 2005.

Vinas was initially arrested in November in Pakistan by security services there and extradited back to the United States in November 2008, according to a U.S. law enforcement official.

I'm still dubious about the whole Al-Qaeda thing, but if this is true, had he made it back to New York this could have gone bad with his knowledge of NY City.

I's astounding how brainwashed Muslim converts can become. and what they'll do.

Father stands by 'brainwashed bomber'.

The disabled father of self-confessed shoe-bomber Richard Reid has said he will stand by his terrorist son.

Richard Reid had brought no shame on his family - despite pleading guilty in a US court on Friday to attempting to blow up an airliner with explosives hidden in his shoes - his father Robin told the BBC.

Holding back tears, Mr Reid said he loved his son and he would support him "any way I can"

Mr Reid said his son had been brainwashed by Muslim extremists and had been motivated "by religious beliefs, not by our family beliefs".

It's almost as if there's some kind of mind manipulation going on with these guys.

Anyway, interesting read about him, I wonder how long he'll get.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yeah the mind manipulation is true.... it's called religion.

How proud that man must be, his son tried to kill alot of people. Awww. I wonder if he loves his daughter just as much if she became a lawyer and went against this guy.

Anyway back to OP Original point.

The NYC guy getting arrested is crazy. But over here we have a football team called Aston Villa and insurgents have been killed in Iraq with AV tattoo's. Also when they intercepted some radio things, they had thick Birminghan accents.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
All you need is a slip of some sort of potent Hallucinogen unknowingly to drive someone to the brink of insanity. Subliminal messages would be not so subliminal as your brain tries to connect the dots as too what is going on around you. Mind manipulation would be very easy if the right scientific techniques are used and with a history of CIA and other agencies experimentation with '___' is wouldnt seem impossible. Have you every seen a picture of one of these so called Al Qaeda figures? They always look wacked out or on something. Just my two cents.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by born2BWild
All you need is a slip of some sort of potent Hallucinogen unknowingly to drive someone to the brink of insanity. Subliminal messages would be not so subliminal as your brain tries to connect the dots as too what is going on around you. Mind manipulation would be very easy if the right scientific techniques are used and with a history of CIA and other agencies experimentation with '___' is wouldnt seem impossible. Have you every seen a picture of one of these so called Al Qaeda figures? They always look wacked out or on something. Just my two cents.

Funny enough, Afghanistan has a heck of a lot of Opium and the Mumbai killers were high on enough stuff to make em fight for 3 days.

Possibly CIA?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think the authorities ought to just let him go, and let him do whatever he wants. A lot of people already claim the U.S. government was totally behind 9-11, and therefore vindicating all muslim involvement.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Maybe the guy was just p****d with the tyranny and lies of his puppet government, or maybe he watched the US bomb another wedding in Pakistan so decided to do something about it....... Personally i think he was probably part of a psy-op to try stir up more turmoil in the U.S and take even more freedom away from the people.....

We all know Al CIAda is a agency run operation and the chances are this guy was unaware of this.......

Note to self..... Avoid holidays to Pakistan

new topics

top topics

join