It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's media figting tooth and nail for his health care "reform".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Its such an amazing turn around the media has undergone. They went from being skeptical sleuths, to propagandist lap dogs over night!

newsbusters.org...
Lauer to DeMint: Are You Rallying Conservatives to Break a President?

Amazing how its suddenly all about politics, now that democrats have the reigns and Republicans are the minority. How can you deniers continue to play dumb in the face of such inconsistent reporting? Since when did the media defend the president from harsh criticism?

newsbusters.org...
ABC's Cuomo: Is GOP Being 'Reckless' With Health Care Reform?

CUOMO: You’re always honest about both political parties. Governor, do you believe that the Republicans are playing politics here, at the risk of people’s health care?
Dishonest, scaremongering propaganda and nothing more. People can get covered now. People can go in to the hospital and get an operation right now! Unfortunately, our MSM doesn't give a # about facts. All they care about is getting some kind of imaginary win for the president.

newsbusters.org...
CBS’s Couric Sympathizes With Obama: ‘Is Your Confidence Ever Shaken?’

"You're so confident, Mr. President, and so focused. Is your confidence ever shaken? Do you ever wake up and say, ‘Damn, this is hard. Damn, I'm not going to get the things done I want to get done and it’s just too politicized to really get accomplished the big things I want to accomplish’?"

Oh great one, are you doing ok with all those mean and nasty Republicans being critical of you?

newsbusters.org...
CNN's Kyra Phillips on ObamaCare: 'You're Still Going to Have a Choice'

PHILLIPS: But whether government-run or private, I mean, no one's going to demand that you go one way or another. You're still going to have a choice.

STEELE: We don't -- maybe we do. I don't know. We haven't had that debate. I mean, you're talking about -- you're talking about the possibility of reorienting one-sixth of our economy with legislators who haven't even read the legislation. I mean, are they going to do to health care what they did with cap and trade? Are we going to get amendments at 4 a.m. in the morning and no one reads them? And then only after the Health and Human Services Department has to begin to implement this craziness, we're going to find out exactly what's in the bill?

Again, the MSM lying and selling Obama's plan for him. Obama himself said that if your employers drops their health care in favor of government HC, than it will be the employers fault! So, here you have CNN spinning Obama's spin! No bias here at all.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
...Apparently you weren't around for the eight Bush years. Not that I'm defending any of this, just pointing out that the MSM has been a soul-less cash whore and head cheerleader for whatever pig is in office ever since the inception of the MSM. Just depends on the channel your watching and which multi-billionaire entity controls it. The earliest example I can think of is the Maine blowing up and Hearst screaming for the country to go to war when it was all bull#. This is just a part of the human experience and unfortunately since we're on the bottom it's something we deal with.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

...Apparently you weren't around for the eight Bush years. Not that I'm defending any of this, just pointing out that the MSM has been a soul-less cash whore and head cheerleader for whatever pig is in office ever since the inception of the MSM. Just depends on the channel your watching and which multi-billionaire entity controls it.

No offense, but what twilight zone, alternate reality did you beam in from? Bush was hammered pretty much day in and day out for 8 straight years. The only small reprieve he got from the MSM was after 9/11 and that didn't last long. With the exception of a single cable news network (Fox), all the others (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, Hollywood, Stewart,. Colbert, ect...) were all constantly torpedoing anything Bush and the Republicans did.

Now, all those same networks are working to sell and defend whatever the president and democrat party do. Can you not see the distinct difference?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You mean the same media that hid all of the atrocities of the Bush Administration, never took anyone in the Bush Administration to task about any of it, and threw nothing but slow pitch questions at him? Are you #ing kidding me? Go look through the archives here if you don't believe me. It's only been six months and yet we're already re-writing history eh? The MSM is a joke, doesn't matter who's in its cross hairs.

Mission Accomplished

I'm not defending Obama or anything having to do with him. I just think it's stupid to think these tactics or complete mind #ing tactics the MSM uses is somehow an Obama creation.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I agree with you 100%. Thanks for shedding some perspective on this.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Two words

EMBEDDED REPORTERS

Are you #ing kidding me?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You mean the same media that hid all of the atrocities of the Bush Administration, never took anyone in the Bush Administration to task about any of it, and threw nothing but slow pitch questions at him? Are you #ing kidding me? Go look through the archives here if you don't believe me. It's only been six months and yet we're already re-writing history eh? The MSM is a joke, doesn't matter who's in its cross hairs.

Talk about re-writing history. Nothing you just posted here is reality. A simple look through the archives here brings up plenty of Bush hatred, which was largely influenced by the MSM slanted coverage.

What the MSM is doing now is comparable to soviet style media propaganda. They are selling Obama's plans instead of being critical of them like they were bush health care plans and just about everything Bush did.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
All part of "DA LIBERALZZZ CONSPRIACY" eh? Well alright if you were huddled up in a bunker with your bible and a 8X10 of George Bush during those years, I can't help that. I think most of the people here not driven by their political agendas will agree with me about the Bush years though.

And I'm not disagreeing with you on the media at all, it is a joke. I don't like that the Obama Administration and the mass media are in bed with each other and I'd like nothing more than for someone to expose a scandal or rip his health care or economic policy to shreds. Only problem is it'll never happen. Just like the atrocities of the Bush Administration were never reported or followed up on. There's no such thing as journalism anymore. Just half hour pep rallies.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Its pretty easy, you wont have a choice whether to go with gov healthcare or provide your own.

They say you will , but you wont, for one simple reason, anytime the gov takes control of a corporation no one can compete, they eliminate them.

Sure you might have a choice for a little while, but thats just until the gov shuts down the competition.

May not believe me but just watch. It happens small scale all over the world and in local towns all over America.

What happens when a huge corporation like walmart comes in to a small town? Your mom and pop markets get shut down. Im not demonizing walmart, its just an example.

The same thing can be applied on a larger scale.

They will tell you anything you want to hear (which we should have learned by now) and they expect you to buy it and not think. All one has to do is apply some common sense to see what happens.

Dont drink the Kool-Aid!

top topics

join