It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin’s Resignation: The Edited Version

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If you watched Sarah Palin’s resignation speech, you know one thing: her high-priced speechwriters moved back to the Beltway long ago. Just how poorly constructed was the governor’s holiday-weekend address? We asked V.F.’s red-pencil-wielding executive literary editor, Wayne Lawson, together with representatives from the research and copy departments, to whip it into publishable shape. Here is the colorful result.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95421ea83152.jpg[/atsimg]
vanityfair.com...

Follow the link to read the rest of the pages and story!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Hey, warren, that made my day!!

I love editing others' works. . .and seeing it done so well!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What I find scary is that this person has a degree in communication and journalism and writes this poorly. Hulluva higher education she obtained no?

Obs out

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
As much as I hate Palin, I don't see what the problem is here.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Thank you. I have written and deleted two replies because I am biting my tongue trying not to take the bait. I don't hate Palin but if I did I still think this is terribly childish. My gosh, we are facing [such] troubles as a nation right now, is this really what we need to be wasting our time on?

On a different note I must admit it was comforting to see that proofreaders are still employing the same notations defined in my ancient edition of Webster's.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I also fail to see much of a problem. First and foremost, this is a transcript of a speech, NOT a written document. She speaks like she's a normal person... apparently for a politician that's a sign of poor education these days? Interesting, considering some of the greatest leaders we have had in this country spoke from their hearts rather than from some textbook on technical communication and "proper" public speaking.

Also, having worked for state government, I can tell you that someone will ALWAYS find ways to "bleed" on anything you write. That is how everybody insures their fingerprints are on any document and, thus, they can attempt to claim some credit for any positively recieved document.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Almost every public figure of any stature has speechwriters. Even Obama. We all know that.

Actually, I think this speech is edited rather well. It cuts out the extraneous material and gets to the chase.

I'm not a Palin fan but I think this speech captures the folksy, down-home image she wants to project.

top topics

join