It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi everyone! I'm kinda new to all this but...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The reason why I joined this website was that i'm either losing my mind... or i'm seeing subliminal messages in a UK TV station called Channel 4. I started noticing this a few weeks ago, so i told a few friends via Facebook. One friend said she saw something flash on the screen but couldn't see what it was. Whereas i started obsessing about it, she didn't really seem to be all that bothered. I've noticed it numerous times since then but don't have any way of recording it to see what it is!

I understand that this is a predomonantly American site, but i would appreciate any comments about the use of subliminal advertising. Also, i would be interested to hear of any other British people who have noticed this!

Cheers everyone

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by abscarstairs

Hello there and welcome aboard.
I live in scotland myself and tend to ignore most of CH4 due to the total waste of time that is Big Brother.
I get so annoyed by the coverage of this in the local and national newspapers and any other media that thinks it is fun.
As for sub-messages i do believe that they are doing some type of mind control on us with there constant bombardment of advertisments.
Cheers John.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply John...

I also can't stand big brother. I seem to be the only one amongst my friends that isn't glued to it every night! Its pathetic, it really is! But I'm also CONVINCED that i'm seeing some kind of image being flashed up on the screen on Channel 4 & E4. Its too fast to see what it is but its happening every once in a while and i'm tempted to record it to slow it down and see what it is. Watch this space....

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I was under the impression that a true subliminal message was unseen but the subconcious would pick it up. I've seen flashes on shows and always felt that if it happened where you could notice it, that is was meant to be seen. I'd suggest that you find someone with a recorder to record it and see what they're selling.

Does it happen during a specific show or shows, a specific time, or is it random? Does it happen within the show you're watching or during commercials.

If it's happening during commercials, is it possible that they are switching from network feed to local stations feed for area specific spots?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by abscarstairs

I would order sky plus as it is free intallation and box for all new customers, that way you can record and play back hours of channnel 4

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hi... It seems to happen during a couple of specific shows. As i said, its way too quick for me to notice what it is. I'm going to record a couple of hours of this particular channel to try and see what this image is.

Thanks for your comments guys

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Over the years i have watched far too much television and tend to get really angry, sarcastic and cynical at all the adverts that you get shoved at you all at the same times on most of the channels.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS.

I wouldn't say you were loosing your mind. I might say your mind is expanding and becoming more observant to your surroundings.

But, being a bit insane does help the medicine go down. The medicine being reality.

Hope you enjoy your stay here. There's tea and fresh oatmeal/raisin cookies down the hall.

Enjoy.

top topics

join