It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Selection 1 Evolution 0

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well, today is a good day to be me...i found FURTHER evidence supporting my point of view that Evolution is purely theoretical.

news.yahoo.com...

This is great...this proves without a doubt that we coexisted with this 'other' race of hominids waaaaay back in the day. Not only did we coexist but we competed for food sources..leading to the decimation of a species. Natural selection simply illustrates the fact the the stronger, smarter race won out in competing for land and resources.

I always said:

1. No reason why we cant have BOTH science & God, as i believe science is the path to understanding the mechanics of God.

2. SOMEONE or THING of absolute Intelligence, therefore a being....had to record the first measurement in space/time...God.

anyway...i'm SO happy to be me right now...this is great news. The evolutionist had you all convinced you had actually come from this 'other' species...we now know this isnt true at all..we are actually a whole diff species of being.....good stuff!

LOL and even back then we didnt like anything different than us! kill kill kill LOL times haven't changed at all.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Having a hard time understanding what you're saying here.. rephrased: what!?

What exactly has been proven by the fact that a human killed a neanderthal way back?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

people have known for quite a long time that neanderthals were not our direct ancestors, i'm glad you've discovered this but it doesn't really change existing beliefs.

i think you might be barking up the wrong tree by trying to argue the strength of fossil records for the evolution of man, there isn't actually a good fossil record for any species so it's really not possible to find evidence against them.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You do realise that Darwin introduced the term Natural Selection and that its and integral part to the theory of evolution its part of the same mechanism.

Maybe you dont.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by scraze

Jesus didn't ya read the article dude?

must....reach......special ed class..soon...or...diiiiiieeeeeeeeee*

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
reply to post by scraze

He may not have read the article, but you don't understand evolution. Like it was pointed out, Natural Selection is part of evolutionary theory. We won, they lost, we keep going, they go extinct. Now get on that short bus so you don't miss that class.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
What?!?!?!? Natural Selection is the mechanism that perpetuates Evolution.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just sayin'.....

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

reply to post by scraze

Truth be told, I only skimmed through the article. But it was obvious to me that the article only discusses the extinction of the Neanderthals; evolution isn't mentioned in the article.

I would still like to know what you think this means. In addition, let me regurgitate this one: the term 'natural selection' has been coined as one of the characteristics of evolution.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

. The evolutionist had you all convinced you had actually come from this 'other' species...we now know this isnt true at all..we are actually a whole diff species of being.....good stuff!

I think i get it now, he thinks we have been taught that humans evolved from neanderthals and this proves they didnt. But infact we knew this a long time ago and Neanderthal are a subbranch humans evolved along a different line anyway to neanderthal. So nothing new here really.

But really the score should be tied at 1/1 not 1/0, unless by natural selection you mean creation?

[edit on 22-7-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

1. No reason why we cant have BOTH science & God, as i believe science is the path to understanding the mechanics of God. 2. SOMEONE or THING of absolute Intelligence, therefore a being....had to record the first measurement in space/time...God.

Your confusing Natural Selection with Intelligent Design.

en.wikipedia.org... (intelligent design)

en.wikipedia.org... (natural selection)

en.wikipedia.org... (evolution)

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

I think i get it now, he thinks we have been taught that humans evolved from neanderthals and this proves they didnt.

It doesn;t even prove that.

The way evolution works is that one group of a species evolves - due to isolation, environment change etc - but other groups of the same species may remain largely unchanged. Thus it's possible for a dog to evolve from a wolf but also then co-exist with wolves.

The more widespread a species is, the more likely this is to happen.

Some early homonids may have left Africa whilst others remained there. Those who left moved into new environments and evolved - to adapt better to them - over a long period of time into one or even several seperate species. Whilst those that remained in the same environment in Africa had no need or reason to change.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by scraze

I read the article, and he has a point. All this article states is that humans and neanderthals coexisted, and that we may have had a larger role in killing them off than previously thought.

Don't be so rude. If you start a thread be prepared to answer questions.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

Exactly!

Why did you start a thread you obviously had very little knowledge of?

If i ever did that i wouldn't expect anything less than being shot down in flames by the good people of ATS.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well, today is a good day to be me...i found FURTHER evidence supporting my point of view that Evolution is purely theoretical.

news.yahoo.com...

This is great...this proves without a doubt that we coexisted with this 'other' race of hominids waaaaay back in the day. Not only did we coexist but we competed for food sources..leading to the decimation of a species. Natural selection simply illustrates the fact the the stronger, smarter race won out in competing for land and resources.

I always said:

1. No reason why we cant have BOTH science & God, as i believe science is the path to understanding the mechanics of God.

2. SOMEONE or THING of absolute Intelligence, therefore a being....had to record the first measurement in space/time...God.

anyway...i'm SO happy to be me right now...this is great news. The evolutionist had you all convinced you had actually come from this 'other' species...we now know this isnt true at all..we are actually a whole diff species of being.....good stuff!

LOL and even back then we didnt like anything different than us! kill kill kill LOL times haven't changed at all.

That's the problem with this faith based acceptance you have, you set out with a premise and fit everything around it, and then proclaim you're happy when you've done that by ignoring all the evidence that contradicts it.

You can be happy by just accepting you don't understand everything, and that we do know that we are just evolved creatures on an ordinary planet, orbitting an ordinary star in an ordinary spiral galaxy. This is spiritual enlightenment - to accept that as fact, rather than trying to think you are something special.

Anyway this article you posted is evidence for natural selection, and actually shows evolution at work. Evolution states that random mutations in genes cause differences due to natural selection, from any aspect of the environment which changes over time or from place to place due to migration. For example Europeans are white as climates are cooler than the climate of ancestors living in the middle east and Africa. Those that didn't migrate have darker skins to cope with the heat.

We humans can influence the same processes that natural selection produces as migration is now easier in the modern world, and white Europeans are becoming darker in general due to interracial marriages. Ironically this could help more Europeans adapt to global warming.
But we have other more modern ways to cope with the heat than our distant ancestors have..... air-con for a start!... so white people living in hotter climates such as South Africa will survive to pass on their genes.

So we can have humans evolved from more primitive ancestors, with the primitive ancestors still around. Finding evidence of a human stabbing a neanderthal just tells us that "humans may have killed off neanderthals". It doesn't say definitively, but it does demonstrate evolution and natural selection at work. And it definitely doesn't say anything you are claiming.

Please go read some books on evolution and natural selection, then you may understand the basics a little better. And if you get your knowledge of science from religious websites or creationists, then you are just digesting a load of bad-logic nonsense. Leave science to the scientists, and religion & theology to those who live by faith alone.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by pazcat

I think i get it now, he thinks we have been taught that humans evolved from neanderthals and this proves they didnt.

It doesn;t even prove that.

The way evolution works is that one group of a species evolves - due to isolation, environment change etc - but other groups of the same species may remain largely unchanged. Thus it's possible for a dog to evolve from a wolf but also then co-exist with wolves.

The more widespread a species is, the more likely this is to happen.

Some early homonids may have left Africa whilst others remained there. Those who left moved into new environments and evolved - to adapt better to them - over a long period of time into one or even several seperate species. Whilst those that remained in the same environment in Africa had no need or reason to change.

The problem is that they don't often explain this very well at school. They just say something changed without giving an adequate explanation. This leads to confusion over evolution as a whole, as they don't understand why the changes take place. A very common misconception.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I definitely agree, schools cant provide all the answers and really the answers have changed since i was in there so it can be hard to keep up. I think its good that the OP learned something new im just not terribly sure what he has made of it or even is really trying to put across, i think there is a bit of confusion going on.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The OP IS joking... right??

The headline gives it away.

Right???

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Uhhh...

Natural Selection is the method by which evolution occurs. They are one in the same...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Uhhh...

Natural Selection is the method by which evolution occurs. They are one in the same...

I bet the OP is reading the comments coming in and thinking..... whoops!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

What is even worse is that it got 2 flags.

Really, come on people

top topics

<<   2 >>

join