It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Sighting? or Just Plain Freaky?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If he was blind, how would he have got around so easily without the aid of a walking stick or a dog... or somthing? Being deaf could be one thing, but blind? It couldnt be true. If he was a magician why do his stunt without anyone to see? Also, why walk like this all the time for about a year, then suddenly disapear and never do it again?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If he was a magician he could have either been just practicing or trying to avoid getting caps shot in his face again...

If you wanna believe it was a ghost then believe it was a ghost. None of us here know exactly what you saw, but you do.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
well thanks for all the reply posts, Im still not sure what it was and am still pritty freaked by it... but thanks for lots of different sides of thinking!! If anyone has anymore thought im still listening!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So you fired blanks at him and he had a blank expression.... seems to me you got the desired result..

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
ha... HILARIOUS... good one there mate!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
mabye it was just a old man doing late night exercises. he could have just pooped himself ... if he was blind and deaf he could memorize were he was going... psssftt

and mabye the reason he stopped coming is because ... oh i dont know..

mabye he died?

[edit on 6/29/2004 by Crispy]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
and the disapearing 'act'?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i dont know...mabye your just to slow for him...mabye he fell down a man hole

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There isnt a man hole! Jesus...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Blasted matey, 'tis was an old fisherman going home after sailing the seas.
What I have read and the image I thought about in this situation, old fisherman going home after sailing and netting fish. Sometime according to professionals that some how a person can leave a recorded impression of a time past. May be he has not passed over yet. He was not out to hurt anyone and old routines do die hard. Learn for this experience, he did not try to harm you. I had an aunt tell me that I had a gift to know that spirits are around, I personally do not claim this at all. I had hearing problems since I was very little. My other senses had to adapt to know my surroundings. I have been warned in dreams of future events that will happen in my life, ghosts visits of family and those I did not know.
We bought a small house by the lake, what neighbors have told me about the previous owner was into black magic. My son had a bedroom that she pratice this craft and he would have nightmares. I remember one night sleeping, I entered my son dream and stood behind him as these small devils surrounded us. They were taunting, laughing at my son for some reason. My son started to move towards them to fight but I placed my hand on his shoulder to keep him where he needed to be-stand his ground and let them say whatever they wanted. I forgot this dream the next morning as anyone dreams we can't remember everything. It was about a week later that my son was telling me his dream of the little devils that were laughing at him. He was starting to walk towards them but he said someone held his shoulder and drew him backwards. He did not know who was behind him, he thought maybe it was his angle. Then, I realize that I had been in his dream to help. Later I used holy water to bless the house and the portal that was open must have closed because he sure did not have anymore of those nightmares again. Do not let fear take you over, for there are those who feed on fear. Just learn from what crosses your wake in life to better deal with it when it comes again.
Aye, as the sails are raised to leave port, I'll leave you on your next adventure as I look for me treasure that cursed dog Captain Blue Beard stole from me. Atlast, be good matey, fair winds to ya and if you see another ghost, be wise and not try to shot the blasted thing.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
why would you shoot him....if i thought he was a ghost id friggin run and never try and look for him again.....ghosts need peace....thats why angry ghosts are mean and scary...and like to break things in your house and make you dream things that are scary

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I didnt think he was a ghost, It just freaked me out, and me being young, You know what your like then dont you... That why I shot him.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Squid
This started happening when I was about 11 years of age whenever it was starting to get dark and I was down at the car park by the beach near my house, I started to see an old man walking along the shore in a bright yellow fisherman's mac... he walked straight... and very steady. I was watching this from the car park by the beach on higher ground, and when he got to the drive that went from the beach up to the car park... he went out of sight for a second... and when I went to check where he was... he had disapeared. This happened once or twice a week everyweek until this next event. Then when I was 12 years of age, it went further than that... I had with me a cap firing gun, and I saw him coming and he started walking down the path I was on... down this path it leads to no where except some steps that lead up to a road, I waited for him... he was about 5ft from me and I fired off all my caps at his face! He just had a blank, pale face, staring into nowhere, and carried on walking towards me at a steady pace, making no sound. So I turned and ran up the steps... I turned the corner and stoped, Then I took a breath and looked back around the corner down the path. He was no where to be seen... It was like he had disapeared into thin air! I quickly looked around to make sure he hadnt gone into the undergrowth or anything, then I turned and sprinted to my house. After that day I never saw him/it again...

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by The_Squid]

Oh my God! You've seen the ghost of the Gorton's Fisherman!

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Ha Ha Very Funny, its SO annoying how nobody is taking me serriously!!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Several years ago during the summer on a night that must have been 90+ degrees,i was coming home from working a long shift at a fast food establishment.I was stopped at a light and a man approached trying to get a ride home.It was 3:45 in the morning.The guy was from Sweden and was part of a International exchange program.I let him inside the car and asked where he needed to go.He told me and i thinking i knew the area despite having only recently moved there said i knew where i was going.We drove over a very densely forested road at 55 MPH for 1 hour .It was then that i saw someone on the side of the road,my passanger saw it also and we slowed down to see if "she" needed a lift.When we had almost stopped we both freaked out,our hair was standing straight up and our skin was covered with goosebumps.Standing on the side of the road was a being dressed in 1970's period clothes,bell bottoms,long straight hair,sweater...And Grey Skin!!! We both screamed GHOST and sped away.It was standing with it's thumb out and it's mouth open as if it was hitchhiking.After several minutes we realized we were lost,and we had to go back past this thing since there was and still is only one road at that point covered on both sides with old growth large trees on both sides.The thing that really scared both of us was that when we passed it a second time it was in the same position,just on the other side of the road.I eventually found his camp and we parted ways.I have long pondered this simple question: How could a person make it that far up the road,dressed in heavy clothing when there are no towns,bars,houses or even a dirt road where she could have come out of? No one walking home would just stand in one spot all night looking for a ride.I think it was a ghost because nothing else makes any sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join