It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Sighting? or Just Plain Freaky?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This started happening when I was about 11 years of age whenever it was starting to get dark and I was down at the car park by the beach near my house, I started to see an old man walking along the shore in a bright yellow fisherman's mac... he walked straight... and very steady. I was watching this from the car park by the beach on higher ground, and when he got to the drive that went from the beach up to the car park... he went out of sight for a second... and when I went to check where he was... he had disapeared. This happened once or twice a week everyweek until this next event. Then when I was 12 years of age, it went further than that... I had with me a cap firing gun, and I saw him coming and he started walking down the path I was on... down this path it leads to no where except some steps that lead up to a road, I waited for him... he was about 5ft from me and I fired off all my caps at his face! He just had a blank, pale face, staring into nowhere, and carried on walking towards me at a steady pace, making no sound. So I turned and ran up the steps... I turned the corner and stoped, Then I took a breath and looked back around the corner down the path. He was no where to be seen... It was like he had disapeared into thin air! I quickly looked around to make sure he hadnt gone into the undergrowth or anything, then I turned and sprinted to my house. After that day I never saw him/it again...

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by The_Squid]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I fired off all my caps at his face!

What in the hell is your problem friring caps in a poor old man's face!?!!? lol. Maybe it wasa ghost who knows?

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
HEY! I was young! And that guy REALLY scared the SH*T out of me! IF it was a guy... but as I said, he just kept a blank expression on his face... when I fired them off... a person would blink wouldnt they? This person/whatever didnt even blink!

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by The_Squid]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Perhaps the man had seen a ghost thats why he was so pale. Or perhaps he was blind and deaf so he didn't hear you or see you. Was he making any sound while moving? Was he very visible (i.e you could distinguish the colours very easily)?

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well, If he was deaf I could understand him not HEARING the shot... but he couldn't have been blind, as he wouldn't be able to walk so steady and walking where he wanted to go with bumping into things (he didnt carry a stick). As I said before, he didnt make a sound while he was walking, and it looked like he was real... just a bit faint.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It could have been a ghost, but it's entirely possible that he was blind and hard of hearing. He could have known the area well enough to go places without a dog or a walking stick.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
^
My idea also....

Maybe, probably not a ghost

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
maybe instead of firing caps at him, you could have picked up something, such as a rock, and threw it at him, now, if this rock went right through him, i'd have to say you're dealing with a ghost/spirit, but if it hit him, then that would just be plain mean, but atleast you'd know you were dealing with a human.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Look... the ground is very bumpy, and the path is a dirt path, not a concreate one. So if he was blind... he couldn't have done it, for it is easy to trip even if you can see, and besides if you were blind you wouldn't go out without a stick or dog anyway because of people walking, ect... anyway we've gone slightly off point here, the freaky thing is that he just disappeared, as soon as he went out of sight for few seconds.

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by The_Squid]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I still say it was a person. This was awhile ago it seems, your memory probably distorted many of the facts to make it seem more unusual than it really was.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
why are people so sceptical when it comes to these type of sightings. I believe that ghosts are real, but not everyone can see them .As is so often the case this sighting was uncorroborated, but just because only one person sees something does not make it any less valid.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
If he was blind or/and deaf doesn't explain the fact of him disapperaing? Its a possiblity but don't rule out something logical yet it still doesn't explain the fact that he disappeared.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Mikomi]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The thing that makes me really skeptical about this is the fact that it seems pretty long ago. If it happened over awhile ago, the mind will distort things to make it seem stranger than it really was, especially since this person seems to be set on the fact that it was a ghost.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Excuse me, this wasnt long ago. Also, its one of those things that sticks in my mind... I mean, yeah sure I may have got a few details wrong, but you know, I still remember it, and the fact that you are just denying that it couldn't have happened ISN'T helping. I'd prefer me CREATIVE comments.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well, excuse me! I didn't say it wasn't entirely impossible that it was a ghost, I'm just saying don't jump to conclusions. And it did seem like it was awhile ago because of your post in which you said that you were young, like you're so much older now.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I don't plan to give out ANY details about me or anyone else that I know personally on this site whenever i write somthing or reply to somthing they wrote, there's more than likly to be at LEAST 1 goverment agent on this site somwhere. I know it might not have been a ghost... but explain to me how else he/it could have disapeared...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
long time... no answer to that question guys!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Squid
but explain to me how else he/it could have disapeared...

were there any rocks or big things for him to hide or jump behind?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
nope not really, as I said anywhere he could have gone I quickly checked... Then when I realised he couldn't have gone to anywhere and had just disapeared I freaked and ran.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have the answer.

He was blind.
He was deaf.
. . .
Which would lead me to belive, there is a possibility he was non-verbal also.
But the reason he disapeared was he was really a magician, doing a disapearing fisherman act.
I don't like all the 'you were just to stupid to find him' explinations.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join