It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thune's Gun Ownership Amendment - it's RIDICULOUS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

You have the right to your opinion.

Provided that you are American and reside in the US and have a choice as to whether or not you can own a firearm, then it is your right to not own one.

The Second Amendment is not vague to those who are fluent in English and who have taken the time to study the intent of our Founders. The existence of automatic weapons at the time of the writing of the Constitution is irrelevant insofar automatic weapons are heavily controlled and almost never used in crimes, regardless of what the media would have you believe.

"People are dumb and unsafe."

Yes many of them are, yet we allow those people to drive 3000lb automobiles, have gas appliances in their homes, and use large knives to prepare food.

Guns are hardly the only potentially dangerous objects in our society that we let all these dumb and unsafe people use. They are however one of the most effective means of defending oneself against violent crime or overzealous governments.

Not everyone is as willing as you are to suffer at the hands of criminals without an honest chance.

I'd be willing to bet that if you if you were to be threatened with rape, death, or serious injury at the hands of a criminal, if you had the chance, you'd use your iPhone to call someone who has a gun, like, you know, a cop.

[edit on 2009/7/22 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The law is not about your own personal feelings, it is about what is
the best option for all.

The right to self defense and defense of ones nation is a right under law.

It has been subverted for years now.

I agree that criminals and violent offenders should not have access
to weapons, but almost all gun crime is committed by ppl that are not
licensed conceal carry holders.

The dangerous thing in this world is ppl, not the weapon.

If someone wants to kill you with a crossbow, bow, baseball bat, knife,
or claw hammer there is little you can do to stop it if you are defenseless.

Just for your emotional fears you want to make the rest of the nation
cower in fear while the criminals ignore the laws anyways.

Totally selfish, pathetic and spineless.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

The USA has thousands more gun-related murders and crimes than any other country in the world.

I'm not debating this. That's really all I have to say. There's a serious problem and more guns are not the answer.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I didn't think you were willing to debate, but I would remind you that the issue at hand is not more guns, but a law to provide reciprocity between the states for licensed concealed carry.

It helps to understand the issue.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It would be a boon for illegal gun traffickers, making it easier to transport weapons across state lines without being caught.

Like any illegal gun trafficker is going to abide by the law.

And how many illegal gun traffickers have a CCW.

Having a CCW and carrying across state lines is not going to protect a illegal gun trafficker in any way.

This is just propaganda by the PTB that don't understand anyway.

All they understand is that some people believe this BS.

Its just like Calif and there 50 cal ban.
No 50 cal BMG weapon was ever used in Calif to kill anyone but its a big bad looking gun so lets ban it.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

How dare you want to defend yourself?

Think of the children, well not your children since your guns could save their lives but the children on TV that hate guns.

You must give up your weapons Sir or I and the rest of the gun grabbers will not be able to sleep at night.

If you are armed how do expect our minions to more easily abuse you?

If you are armed our thugs might have to respect your ability to defend yourself and not just run in your home and have their way, how are we to work under those conditions?

You are in the way of world government as long as you have those guns buddy and I am asking nicely that you be a good citizen of the world and give up your guns ASAP!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The 2nd Amendment guarantees the right to bear arms (carry weapons) freely. No state or federal authority may create any law to the contrary.

Permits to arm yourself, buy weapons, buy ammo, or any other restriction are unconstitutional.

Vermont, the state with the lowest violent crime rate in the nation, has no permit to carry concealed. You can simply walk into a gun shop, buy a gun, and stick it in your pocket.

Gun laws do nothing but disarm law abiding citizens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join