It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin to feds: Alaska is sovereign state

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Palin to feds: Alaska is sovereign state

www.wnd.com...

By Chelsea Schilling
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin

Gov. Sarah Palin has signed a joint resolution declaring Alaska's sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution – and now 36 other states have introduced similar resolutions as part of a growing resistance to the federal government.

Just weeks before she plans to step down from her position as Alaska governor, Palin signed House Joint Resolution 27, sponsored by state Rep. Mike Kelly on July 10, according to a Tenth Amendment Center report. The resolution "claims sovereignty for the state under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States."

Alaska's House passed HJR 27 by a vote of 37-0, and the Senate passed it by a vote of 40-0.

According to the report, the joint resolution does not carry with it the force of law, but supporters say it is a significant move toward getting their message out to other lawmakers, the media and grassroots movements.

Bill Text 26th Legislature

www.legis.state.ak.us...

states,

Be it resolved that the Alaska State Legislature hereby claims sovereignty for the state under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States.
Be it further resolved that this resolution serves as Notice and Demand to the federal government to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates that are beyond the scope of these constitutionally delegated powers.

Alaska Gov. Palin and Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen are currently the only governors to have signed their states' sovereignty resolutions.

Yes, you hate her?

You love her?

But so far out if all the states she is the only governor that signed resolutions.

[edit on 093131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The Tenth Amendment center

www.tenthamendmentcenter.com...

"Alaska's House passed HJR 27 by a vote of 37-0, and the Senate passed it by a vote of 40-0."
Unanimous

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The Palin Saga - Democrats Winning By Any Means

"I am informed that this fund was created by experienced attorneys in DC and was modeled after other similar funds established for senators and others. The fund itself was not created by me nor is it controlled by me. Neither I nor my lawyer has received a penny from this fund, and I am informed the Trustee was withholding any action or payment pending final resolution with the Personnel Board. This is the hallmark of legal compliance and prudent conduct," Palin said.

"In short, I have not 'acted' relative to the defense fund and it is misleading to say I have," she added. "I have no doubt that the Trust will welcome guidance by the Board, as do we all, but it is my understanding that this matter was not resolved and the complainant's violation of law has served to mislead the public and prejudice a fair review of this matter."

Several of the governor's top confidants also sharply criticized the report, pointing out that under Alaska law the contents of the document should have remained confidential because the matter is still under review.

under Alaska law the contents of the document should have remained confidential because the matter is still under review.

www.reuters.com...

The Palin Saga - Democrats Winning By Any Means

"We started seeing a proliferation of ethics complaints against her. It was an orchestrated effort to take her down". Link to that article here.

This brought to mind the sinister tactics used by Democrats against Republicans after the American Civil War that freed blacks from slavery.

Determined to keep blacks in virtual slavery after losing the Civil War, Democrats set about the task of ending Reconstruction and driving out of the South all Republicans, a result that kept blacks at the mercy of ruthless Democrats for over 100 years.

The facts about the horrors inflicted upon Republicans by Democrats are laid bare in the books "A Short History of Reconstruction" by Dr. Eric Foner and "Unfounded Loyalty" by Wayne Perryman.

The meticulous research by Foner and Perryman uncovered inhumanity by Democrats so startling as to seem surreal. Democrats, Perryman wrote, used every means possible to destroy Reconstruction including lynching, whippings, murder, intimidation, assassinations and mutilations.

Foner exposed how the Ku Klux Klan, that was founded in 1866 as a Tennessee social club and became the terrorist arm of the Democrat Party, spread into nearly every Southern state, launching a "reign of terror" against Republican leaders, black and white. The Klan lynched over 2,000 black Republicans and 1,000 white Republicans.

Shame on you.

[edit on 093131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
shamless bump

"But so far out if all the states she is the only governor that signed resolutions."

This is why I like her.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Long live queen Palin!!!

So this is why she resigned from office so that she becomes queen of Alaska.

A family of chavs is about to rule the 50th state.

[edit on 023131p://pm3111 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

So that's what they've been planning behind closed doors.

Interesting to see where this goes.

I said a while back that we could see states splintering off and going independent. This seems to be the beginning of that...

[edit on 22-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

So that's what they've been planning behind closed doors.

Interesting to see where this goes.

I said a while back that we could see states splintering off and going independent. This seems to be the beginning of that...

[edit on 22-7-2009 by warrenb]

Yea, she is sly as a fox.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

read her resignation letter, it's funny

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

read her resignation letter, it's funny

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OH, OK, I have not read that, I will check it out.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I like this move by Palin, she may be leaving office but she is not going quietly. Alaska may be cold but it is rich in resources and the US needs her. The feds should now threaten to take away stimulus funding to which Alaska can say great, we'll just turn off this valve right here(the one on the pipeline!)

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Dear God! The woman is semi-illiterate.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

A family of chavs are about to rule the 50th state.

Ermmmm.....49th state?!??

Admission to Union January 3, 1959 (49th)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I wonder who Gov. Palin's advisers are? Such stupid, short sided, political bit of grandstanding that is typical Palin.

Take away all the Federal dollars/aid flowing into Alaska and Palin along with her moron supporters will be strung up in the street and fed to the bears.

If you are sovereign then you have to support your own military. Military dollars in Alaska are a huge part of their economy.

www.stateline.org...

Don't let your conservative ideology stand in the way of common sense.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That's ok I would take her any day over Obama.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

Get off your damn high horse. She speaks like she's a normal American. We've got multi-million dollar athletes and actors with college degrees in this country that can't put three word sentences together without throwing in crap like "know what I mean?", "know what I'm sayin'?", or "like, oh mah gawd!" yet people are actually pointing to the fact that she spoke from her heart rather than from a teleprompter as a sign of "semi-illiteracy?" Wow, smell the egotistical elitism!

...and let's say she was "semi-illiterate," so what? I'd take an honest, down to Earth, faith-filled leader who doesn't compose every statement as if they were a Harvard English professor over a half wit, slick as glass, serpent who can only speak publically when they have their words precisely laid out on a teleprompter before them any day of the week.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Im really not sure why anyone would say that. It is simply not true.

She, uhhh, actually speaks uhhh, much better than our, uhhh, current president who, uhh, can not make a sentence without, uhhh, saying 'uhhh' every other word.

Everything shows that she is a much better speaker than the man we have to call President.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on July 22nd 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Long live queen Palin!!!

So this is why she resigned from office so that she becomes queen of Alaska.

A family of chavs are about to rule the 50th state.

Oh, and those same proofreaders who gave you such a hoot on the Palin letter would also be quick to edit your statement right here. As a vast number (majority?) of ATS users are Americans, and Americans don't have the slightest idea what the hell a "Chav" is (I had to look it up), the proofreaders would have been quick to tell you not to use local jargon or slang because it narrows your recieving audience and makes your post seem less accessible to those from outside the UK. Does that error make you "semi-illiterate?" I'll let you be the judge of that.

(This has lit a fire under me because I grew up country. I've had people look down their nose at me, viewing me as just some dumb redneck (as if I consider "redneck" an insult, HA!) for my whole damn life. So I can sympathize with Palin for her taking crap from elitist snobs over her seeming to be "less cultured" due to her good ol' boy personality. It's bullcrap, pure and simple. Good, solid ideas, ideals, and plain old good sense don't just come out of people who love to use $50 words. In fact, from my experiences in life, the most sensible, smartest people I've ever known have largely been people without college educations who, I'd guess, you would consider dumb based on the way they present themselves.) [END RANT]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I find it hysterical that they keep coming after her for ethics violations. Ethics violations!? When Charlie Rangel is still in office, and Paulson walked away with 200 million from Goldmen Sach...tax free. That's right I said TAX FREE.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The difference between the "actors and athletes" is that they are not elected officials and don't make decisions for us. I grew up "country" too, but I prefer to feel that my elected officials are actually smarter than I am, not dumber. I also know what a chav is, and thought is was fairly apt.

It does bother me that Obama hesitates so much when speaking, but at least I get the impression that is is thinking while doing so, unlike that wandering mess of a speech that Palin gave.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

So would I, but that's only because I like the ladies more than the lads. She'd still pretty low on my list, though.

...Oh... Wait... you meant... ah... heh!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join