It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORAD to Conduct Exercise Over D.C. Area! Remember the military excercise in DC on 9/11/01?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

NORAD to Conduct Exercise Over D.C. Area! Remember the military excercise in DC on 9/11/01?

www.wjla.com

WASHINGTON - The North American Aerospace Defense Command will conduct a one-day exercise in the Washington area.

The exercise will include training flights conducted in coordination with the Federal Aviation Administration, the National Capital Region Command Center, the Joint Air Defense Operations Center, the Continental U.S. NORAD Region, Civil Air Patrol, U.S. Coast Guard and others.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wjla.com
www.democraticunderground.com[ /url]

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread324851/pg1]"Complete 911 Timeline Military Exercises Up to 9-11"

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Now, i know military exercises happen all the time... but with the recent news story about terrorists being deployed around the globe, plus the fact that this is being conducted in accordance with the Federal Aviation Administration, is a bit unnerving.

Im not making a doomsday prediction, im just putting two and two together. It seems like when the armed forces can be effective, they put them in a position where they are preoccupied.

Though, early Wednesday is today, so im not sure if theres enough people watching the news for any cataclysmic event to be as effective. If anyone sees anything cool, though, take some pictures!

www.wjla.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The exercise, called Falcon Virgo 09-10, will be conducted beginning early Wednesday. Falcon is a bird of prey and Virgo is the Virgin? 09-10? What could that signify?

From the Latest Comments Section in your link:

They do conduct drills from time to time. But it's true that they were conducting a drill about terrorists flying planes into the World Trade Center on the day of 9/11/01. And it is also true that in London they were conducting a drill about terrorists bombing the underground on 7/7, the day the tubes were actually bombed. What are the chances of a terrorist attack happening on the same day, same place, as a drill for it? I once saw it worked out by an actuarial table, it was a number so enormous I'd never seen it before. Pretty strange.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Lets hope nothing happens this time, but you can never second guess the stupidity of those who think that the public are stupid.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I wouldn't be too worried. It's a news station local to the D.C. area reporting local news. Probably just to explain to people why so many things are going to be flying all over the place that usually are not around the Capital area. I'm not sure how often these "tests" are performed, if the last one was on 9/11 then I'd be worried lol, but I doubt that. My guess is that nothing will come of this. Just news filler.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X2

Dude!!

They've been doing this every other month or so, all year!!!

Here's just ONE of the earlier threads about it, here on ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The WJ article this time was sparse --- what they're doing is simply practicing 'intercepts' of suspicious or off-course airplanes/aircraft.

Note that it's in conjuction with the Civil Air Patrol!! They're a great group, but not really military per se.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
NORAD may co-ordinate, but the whole DOD and Canada's back-up versions must take part. I'm not trying to "nit-pick, but there are lets say more then one NORAD opperations center, most remain highly classified. And we have NECAP, the sole called "doomsday plane". Air Force One, the U.S. Navy has their own aircraft of this type. In any command and control system (CNC) the word is redundancy, redundancy, redundancy... I'm sure there are others. It would be logical to have overseas facilities as well, even if just aircraft.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If your mention of 9/11 had to do with some activity in this area, at that time, I am not aware of it

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Fool me once, shame on you - 9/11
Fool me twice, shame on me - 7/7
Fool me.. fool me CANT GET FOOLED AGAIN..... G/W/B

lol

Nah I don't think they'd risk this a third time.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC
Fool me once, shame on you - 9/11
Fool me twice, shame on me - 7/7
Fool me.. fool me CANT GET FOOLED AGAIN..... G/W/B

lol

Nah I don't think they'd risk this a third time.

The fact there are very frequent excersizes of different typs is a given. By the way, did you address me? I'm involved in other areas, so this is not something I follow. I am aware of certain reliable open-media sources, as well as certain restricted sources, but I have a lot to read and don't remember anything that "junped out" at me around 9/11/2001 But I don't deny I could have missed it. Or diden't see/hear it.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about really. I mean, even if 9/11/01 was an inside job, the LAST thing "they" would want to do is have this happen AGAIN. THAT would leave no doubt that 9/11 was an inside job.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

The exercise, called Falcon Virgo 09-10, will be conducted beginning early Wednesday. Falcon is a bird of prey and Virgo is the Virgin? 09-10? What could that signify?

Falcon = CONUS (Continental United States) NORAD Region

Virgo = special exercise or test, field exercise

09 = 2009

10 = 10th version of this exercise

Source

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well really... all you have to do is look for special leaves for Politicians.

If they suddenly leave town for a summit or something then you can worry

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Lets hope nothing happens this time, but you can never second guess the stupidity of those who think that the public are stupid.

meh.. i wouldn't call it "stupidity" .. It's more like they know the public isn't 100% stupid.. but they really do not care about that small percentage of aware people in the public.. because those people are essentially ineffectual by all means that could alter in any way what they did/are doing.

-

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I hate being a hater, but ya have to use the original article's headline,
"NORAD to Conduct Exercise Over D.C. Area"
Then you can spin it into your typical imminent doom / fear mongering thread.

Weedwhacker pretty much laid it out, there's really nothing to see here.

Snore...

[edit on 7/22/09 by aecreate]
[yea ok, edits hate me today, just picture the bolded lines as font 5 obnoxious]

[edit on 7/22/09 by aecreate]

new topics

top topics

join