It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NASA Head Plans for "Mars and Beyond" In His Lifetime, ISS Lifetime Extended

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

New NASA Head Plans for "Mars and Beyond" In His Lifetime, ISS Lifetime Extended

www.democraticunderground.com

Bolden said in an interview that his main job over the next few months will be to champion an "agreed-upon compromise strategy to get first to Mars and then beyond. And we don't have that yet."

Bolden met with President Barack Obama on Monday, and some experts said he seems to be signaling a refocusing of NASA's general exploration plan.

A former astronaut, Bolden also vowed to extend the life of the international space station beyond 2016, the year the Bush administration planned to aband...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sfgate.com

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well, I must say this is a great announcement. Those are some ambitious goals.

Im glad to hear about the lifetime of the ISS being extended. Theres no reason they cant keep expanding on it until it becomes a staple for outer-orbit exploration.

As for the Mars plans, if this is true it cannot be far off. This man is 62, so within his lifetime is at least within 20 years. Notice also he said mars and "beyond". Obviously, any public statement should be taken with a grain of salt but its exciting none-the-less.

If talks are already planned with the president, there must be more to the story. I didn't know NASA needed presidential approval for things like this, although i guess its the government that keeps them paid, so expensive ventures must be criticized.

cool, anyway.

(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join