It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any Conpiracy Theorists out there registered Democrats?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I would tend to believe, after participating on ATS for a while, that there are.

This is for those Democrats. The following video is of a MSNBC interview with a Democratic Strategist. It's main topic is of the "Birthers" - those who want Obama to release his original birth certificate - but the strategist makes a big tadoo about conspiracy theorists in general. This should be insulting to you, actually this should be insulting to ANYONE who tends to ask questions beyond what TPTB tell us.

Some quotes (and remember he's not just talking about "Birthers"):

"Driving fast to crazy town"

"They believe conspiracy theories like … Reptilian aliens from the planet draco"

"Conspiracy theorists registered republican to sully and discredit democrats"

"They’re wasting time"

"These people will never believe no matter what they’re given"

"Conspiracy theories are for the weak minded"

The video's here: www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Conspiracy theories are for the weak minded?

Than why does it require such intense thought to even consider and analyze them with any accuracy?

It seems to me the people who sit in front of their god forsaken TV and just accept whatever they are told, are the "weak minded." Hell they do not even have a mind of their own to be weak! They are the "Absent Minded"!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I just wish people would stop trying to divide us. It's an old and worn technique anymore. So it worked great 10 years ago, not so much now.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
"Conspiracy theories are for the weak minded"

Oh, the irony! The weak-minded calling others weak-minded. They talk of disturbing beliefs and ridicule people's opinions and the sad part is that most of the people watching MSNBC will just blindly listen to them, thinking, "Yeah, those guys are really crazy." It's so infuriating listening to a bunch of fools and knowing that they have millions of people trained to their voice.

I don't really care about Democrats or Republicans or Obama's citizenship, though. There are more important things to worry about than the smoke, mirrors, and silliness that is modern politics.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
I just wish people would stop trying to divide us. It's an old and worn technique anymore. So it worked great 10 years ago, not so much now.

I agree entirely.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I am not considered to belong or are register with any party, because I have voted for both in pass elections and I am a conspiracy theorist.

The comment that "Conspiracy theories are for the weak minded" is only made by those that are either narrow minded or short minded.

I am very proud to be an open and imaginative conspiracies theorist.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
"They believe conspiracy theories like … Reptilian aliens from the planet draco

Yeah but he said it might be true, he doesn't know.

LOL

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
200 days ago the proper title of this thread would've been "Are there any Conpiracy Theorists out there registered Republican?"

I've voted for both parties, including voting for Obama.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Hahaa... you're exactly right!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I am an independent but I vote mainly for the democratic side. I am more liberal but really do not like either party much. They both have the same agenda in the end. Neither party really cares for the people. I am more a humanist and believe that the government should care about it's people especailly the middle class and poor. It seems the government; whether democrat or republican cares mainly about the upper class and their own power than anything else.
America is no longer the country I had hoped it would be. I wander if it was all an illusion when I was growing up and has it always been this way/

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
200 days ago the proper title of this thread would've been "Are there any Conpiracy Theorists out there registered Republican?"

I've voted for both parties, including voting for Obama.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

Yup - good point. I remember around election time there were several threads about how Bush was going to declare martial law, cancel the election, etc.

It often depends on which party is in power how the threads here go. While certainly not true of every thread - it seems to be a fairly good rule of thumb.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well I'm a registered Democrat, although politically I'm a little further left than the mainstream party.

I don't like the remarks about conspiracy theorists on MSNBC but the truth is these attacks on conspiracy theorists are not limited to Democrats by any means. There are also plenty of Republicans and people of other persuasions who think conspiracy theorists are whacko.

I personally think some of the conspiracy theories on here have some merit and some I think are pretty questionable. I am happy, though, that there are people who will challenge the status quo even when I don't agree with them. That takes courage.

IMO the OP and other theorists need to grow a thicker skin and learn to ignore the insults.

You can't make a partisan issue out of this. There are believers and non-believers on every controversial matter. It's not limited to a particular party or any other single group.

new topics

top topics

join