It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock: Inside the Obama Healthcare Bill

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

Well said.

But where do you draw the line? Do you find it acceptable for a government to TELL people what to do in terms of healthcare? If so, then take a step to the left and join those that support the taking away the ability to choose what you want to do with your life. Join those that want big brother giving out the asprin. Join those that want to give up freedoms and responsibility.

I can't. I won't. If someone wants to spend their life doing nothing, well, that is their inaliable right to do so. Just don't ask me to subsidize that life-style.

Personally, I think I'm smarter than the government on what I can do with my money. Unfortunately, there are those in government that would disagree. They think they know better.

In this life, in this country, you get what you pay for. I hope people are seeing what they got with Obama and this lot in DC.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by Animal

The CBS/NY Times poll was flawed. A report was done on that last month. I mean, if you JUST poll liberals, what sort of reaction do you think you'll get?

It would be great if you could post this 'report' that refutes the CBS/NYT poll.

Still even if you can provide proof that these two were wrong what about the other 3 I posted?

Sorry if it bothers you, but most Americans want a public option. The proof is in the pudding.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Interesting but congress in the US has included as part of the bill that they government will not be part of the health care bill, they will still keep the health care coverage that they enjoy as the higher up elite still at the expenses of tax payer.

Excellent point!

If this piece of # they call a Healthcare plan is so good, why did Congress exempt themselves and all federal employees?

Answer: Because they are a bunch of elitist bastards who know that this bill is a piece of garbage that will help destroy America and God forbid THEY have to wait in line at the hospital or 3 months for a simple procedure.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

i wish I could say TL;DR but in reality, I couldn't get past all the txtspeak spellings and such to get past the first few entries. OMG LRN2SPELL

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
Sorry if it bothers you, but most Americans want a public option. The proof is in the pudding.

This is just not true.
The opposition to the healthcare plan keeps growing everyday more and more as people find out the details about this garbage of a plan.

53% Now Oppose Congressional Health Care Reform

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
i wish I could say TL;DR but in reality, I couldn't get past all the txtspeak spellings and such to get past the first few entries. OMG LRN2SPELL

OMG, I guess you don't read or follow links because that was a C/P from the link I provided. Plus I provided a link directly to the healthcare bill. God forbid that you might actually have to do a little work and reading.

I don't know, perhaps you have reading comprehension problems.

There is no need for sly snarky comments. If you are not going to comment on the topic at hand then please keep your flap trap shut. Thanks!

[edit on 7/22/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by twistingtree

look at canada they come into the US, what does that say?

[edit on 22-7-2009 by twistingtree]

All of Canada comes to the US? OMG! No wonder our health care system is in shambles!
/endsarcasm

The bill is over a thousand pages. I can't imagine how much "fluff" is thrown in here. I'd really like to see how a working state-run healthcare system works and then emulate that. Any time you make something complicated, it just makes problems more likely to occur. If it's one thing we're good at in the US, it's Bureaucracy..

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Why not just say you don't like Obama and spare us the rest.

Well, I thought that was obvious.
I'm glad you finally caught up with everyone else.

Way to NOT comment on the bill.
Since you said nothing, I guess you like the way this healthcare bill is written right?

If all you are going to do is make sly, snarky comments without any word about the actual bill then please keep them to yourself. Thanks!

Okay...I read your response to JohnnyCanuck twice...Your post is one long "snarky comment without any word about the actual bill".....

Kind of ironic isn't it?

link   

Hey friend...This is
Page 50 section 152 in the raw:
21 SEC. 152. PROHIBITING DISCRIMINATION IN HEALTH CARE.
22 (a) IN GENERAL.—Except as otherwise explicitly per23
mitted by this Act and by subsequent regulations con24
sistent with this Act, all health care and related services
25 (including insurance coverage and public health activities)
VerDate Nov 24 2008 23:22 Jul 14, 2009 Jkt 079200 PO 00000 Frm 00050 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 E:\BILLS\H3200.IH H3200 jlentini on DSKJ8SOYB1PROD with BILLS
•HR 3200 IH
1 covered by this Act shall be provided without regard to
2 personal characteristics extraneous to the provision of
3 high quality health care or related services.
4 (b) IMPLEMENTATION.—To implement the require5
ment set forth in subsection (a), the Secretary of Health
6 and Human Services shall, not later than 18 months after
7 the date of the enactment of this Act, promulgate such
8 regulations as are necessary or appropriate to insure that
9 all health care and related services (including insurance
10 coverage and public health activities) covered by this Act
11 are provided (whether directly or through contractual, li12
censing, or other arrangements) without regard to per13
sonal characteristics extraneous to the provision of high
14 quality health care or related services.
15 SEC. 153. WHISTLEBLOWER PROTECTION.

So again show me where it states were gonna cover illegals and non-residents...? Or is just stating the same PROHIBITING DISCRIMINATION IN HEALTH CARE????
This is the same wording every thing has on it in this country....Hello it's illegal to discriminate...Oh wait! Unless your trying to make this seem like it's a right wing propaganda tool.... Man get over it..Is that all you guys have? Is that all the Right and Left got now? All you 2 parties can do is stand and point at each other??? Republicans and Democrats should do us all a favor in the next election step aside and let another party run the country you 2 have screwed this country up enough maybe someone else with some "real change" can save us before we screw the red wire on the black connector and blow us all up...

link   

blogs.healthfreedomalliance.org... hains/

Obama was callous in saying “Loading up on additional tests or additional drugs” must be curbed. “Maybe (some would be) better off not having….surgery, but taking (a) painkiller” instead. He showed disdain and indifference in stating that “the chronically ill and those toward the end of their lives are accounting for potentially 80% of the total health care bill out there” – the inference being ration their care and let ‘em die to cut costs.

I would have to say that any society that has such blatant and evil disregard for its weaker members deserves to rot in hell…or rather those who put such disgusting policies in place. I am shocked by all the people saying ‘I don’t want to pay for lazy pot smoking hippies’ and other such nonsense.
There seems to be such regard for the ‘system’ and such brainwashing about a ‘work ethic’ that is only in place to assuage the pathological greed of a small elite. So you are alright Jack? Well, good for you. I hope your narcissistic selfishness serves you well. If that is the state of some Americans then maybe you deserve this bill.
Just bring this to the personal for a second. Just imagine your parent is chronically sick and yet is deemed a burden as she/he is of no worth ONLY because they cannot work and pay towards a system that benefit only the elite in real terms. So the drugs that stop the pain are rationed. You will accept that?
What if you become severely disabled and are deemed unworthy to live because the Government says so. Will you accept that?
Imagine your parent gets old and ill and the Government say that your parent should die when and how they say. Will you accept that?
It’s a disgrace. Many seem to see the Government as some benevolent outside force, like some father figure who ‘gives’ to the people. They are there to damn well SERVE the people…to ADMINISTER the taxes and laws in a way the public deems fit…not to institute eugenics programmes so that only those who are fit and able to work are seen as of any value.

blogs.healthfreedomalliance.org...

Some cultures respect the old. Under Obama healthcare, we will kill them off. Here’s Peter Singer, professor of bioethics at Princeton University, in a New York Times Magazine article, Why We Must Ration Health Care, already deciding who to kill off once national healthcare hits.

The death of a teenager is a greater tragedy than the death of an 85-year-old, and this should be reflected in our priorities. We can accommodate that difference by calculating the number of life-years saved, rather than simply the number of lives saved. If a teenager can be expected to live another 70 years, saving her life counts as a gain of 70 life-years, whereas if a person of 85 can be expected to live another 5 years,then saving the 85-year-old will count as a gain of only 5 life-years. That suggests that saving one teenager is equivalent to saving 14 85-year-olds.

So, you work hard all your life for others who rake in immense profits. You are controlled all your life. And just when you need some peace and rest from the pointless toil you will be killed off, just so you are not a drain on 'society'. Pure,unadulterated Evil.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Wonderful, this bill does everything that Obama said it wouldn't do. Imagine that.

Worse yet he doesn't even know what is in the bill himself. I wonder what they are going to do when there is a mass exodus of doctors. How are people going to get treated?

I don't know to many things, but one thing I do know, is if you try to cap what doctors get paid they are going to quit.

Also the government access to my checking account? No I don't think so, guess I just won't have a bank account.

National insurance ID card? Naw, you can keep that too. With the amount of doctors that will quit and take up other professions, I'll be able to find quality health care on the black market.

Obama's slogan should have been, "We are working diligently to bring you the best in black market goods and services."

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Okay...I read your response to JohnnyCanuck twice...Your post is one long "snarky comment without any word about the actual bill".....

Kind of ironic isn't it?

Umm...no! You must be another who is challenged in the reading comprehension department.
How do you like that snarky comment?

Give me a bread with your faux outrage. I don't play around. I fight fire with fire. Since he started with the snarky comments, I ended it with even greater snarky comments. Get it now!

Oh and I started the thread so how can I not have said a word about the bill?
Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Again, thanks for NOT contributing to the topic at hand. Thanks! You should be proud.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
So again show me where it states were gonna cover illegals and non-residents

What do you think, "covered by this Act shall be provided without regard to personal characteristics extraneous to the provision of high quality health care or related services" means? Answer: Everyone is covered including illegals.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Worse yet he doesn't even know what is in the bill himself.

That is so true.

His retarded speech tonight will be filled with lies and half truths. He will be spouting supposed 'facts' when in reality he is only saying what he thinks people want to hear without any regard for accuracy or truth.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by marg6043
Interesting but congress in the US has included as part of the bill that they government will not be part of the health care bill, they will still keep the health care coverage that they enjoy as the higher up elite still at the expenses of tax payer.

Excellent point!

If this piece of # they call a Healthcare plan is so good, why did Congress exempt themselves and all federal employees?

Answer: Because they are a bunch of elitist bastards who know that this bill is a piece of garbage that will help destroy America and God forbid THEY have to wait in line at the hospital or 3 months for a simple procedure.

Working in health care myself..
You don't "wait in line" for healthcare in any country that has a national plan...Now if you want a "certain" doctor to do your procedure yea you might have to wait on a serious cases basis. But if you need a procedure right away you have the choice to have it done by another doctor? It's the same as it would be if you like your doctor and you need something wrenched on and he has booked operations? All this propaganda about waiting in line is just that propaganda promoted by insurance companies and those who stand to loose a profit margin on this...Show me where in england and france people are falling dead because they can't get a operation booked..? You can't cause it isn't happening cause they are over all more healthy than we are. Americas health care is considered the "best" because it has the largest profit margin. But why is it that most cutting edge break throughs come from other countries? Cause the government has a vested interest in the medical field, here in America we in the medical field only have a vested interest in how much profit our practices turn in a quarter. Don't believe the hype stop selling yourself out to cable and broacast media.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You got that right. Is it any wonder why his approval ratings are dropping like a rock?

Every time he opens his mouth you know it is a lie. People are catching on. Now he is trying to railroad this monstrosity of a "Health Care Reform" bill through congress and to his desk. If this passes once the details come out I'll be surprised if his approval rating will be above 40%.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

ONCE AGAIN....Show me where that differs from any other government service that falls under the discrimination act? This is a provision that is written into every government document... You are selling me FOX news talking points here pal...gotta bring it better than that.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yeah, we get it. The plan isn't great.

If you haven't noticed by now, NO ONE wants this plan. The polls show it. So let's hope this all falls through.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Nice work.

It would be great if you used proper English in your OP so I could feel more comfortable forwarding this analysis to others, especially those less open-minded about the corruption of the government.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
You don't "wait in line" for healthcare in any country that has a national plan

This is just plain wrong and I think you know it.

There are many, many articles refuting your bogus claims. Here is just one of them. You can google the rest.
www.nrlc.org...

Long wait times have become second nature, despite dangerous consequences. In the period between 2001 and 2006, the United Kingdom saw the median wait time increase from 44 to 51 days for hospital admission after the decision to admit had been made. In 2004, according to a BBC report, waiting times in Scotland and England were 8 months for cataract surgery, 11 months for hip surgery, 12 months for knee replacement, 5 months for repairing a slipped disk, and 5 months for hernia operations. In 2007, in 42% of the localities surveyed, hospitals had to turn women in childbirth away because their maternity wards were full.

It can also take longer than 12 hours just to be seen by a doctor once you arrive at a hospital in Britain for example.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join