It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock: Inside the Obama Healthcare Bill

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I'll be honest with you.
I didn't listen to 1 word Obama said.
The TV was muted. I was listening to iTunes on my laptop.
I knew that Bill O'reilly would tell me everything i needed to know.
I had a feeling it would just be a bunch of scripted nonsense.
Looks like i was right.
In the future I advise you to ingore every word Obama says.
Just watch what he does.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
The problem (one of them, any ways) is that with Obama care, I lose my nice coverage. All gone. Bye. I get what you get, what the person across the street gets, what the person across the country gets. All except what the elite in DC gets.
Less coverage, more taxes, being told to wait, being denied care/treatment being told "tough, you're too old, go away and die" by some damn bean counter in DC is what is waiting for all of us if this passes.

Where does it say that exactly? Can you not opt in to other private insurance to "top up" your government insurance? Pay for that insurance yourself even, as we do in Australia?

From what I see, finally your country is doing something about your shocking system of medical care. It's about time. Now hopefully they will do the same thing with your education system and the quality of life in the USA might actually improve somewhat.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
I do not accept this system of government where people can only have a say in certain few side matters like healthcare and not major matters, such as how money is spent (secret budgets, military budgets, bailouts, etc)

Er.. and since when were you or 99% of your country qualified to decide on those matters in the first place?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by believer81

Now hopefully they will do the same thing with your education system

Yea, that as been under the control of government for about 50+ years now. That is working well isn't it?

Why they hell do all these people from other countries what us to shape America like Europe or Australia or whatever, this is America, we are supposed to be different and the country ran great until all these damn progressive idea's came into play.

I want my freedom, and the government takes freedom away not grants it. That is why our constitution restricts what the government can do, but they don't listen to it.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Why they hell do all these people from other countries what us to shape America like Europe or Australia or whatever, this is America, we are supposed to be different and the country ran great until all these damn progressive idea's came into play.

I want my freedom, and the government takes freedom away not grants it. That is why our constitution restricts what the government can do, but they don't listen to it.

You just highlighted your own problem, arrogance and stubborness.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Way ahead of you there, I started tuning him out and watching what he was doing the first day on the job.

Best thing though is that his gig is up. People are catching on and his poll numbers are literally dropping.

The country is about to be right where Bush left it PO'd.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

That comment coming from a somebody that just said:

Er.. and since when were you or 99% of your country qualified to decide on those matters in the first place?

Yea, I guess somebody(government) that hasn't ever met me and doesn't even know that I exist and doesn't even care that I live, knows what is better for me.

Your problem is that you are ignorant. You must have been living under a rock for the past few months, if you don't the know that the people that you say "know better than 99% of the people" have caused us to go into a world wide economic depression.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

That comment coming from a somebody that just said:

Yea, I guess somebody(government) that hasn't ever met me and doesn't even know that exist and doesn't even care that I live, knows what is better for me.

Your problem is that you are ignorant.

Ignorant? I know that quality of life needs to improve in the US for me to consider it a desirable place to live, to combat your crime, to combat the amount of hatred directed at you by extremist muslims. I dont think improvement is specific to you. I dont think you would NOT want improved health care and education system along with increased income, reduced crime rates, stable living costs, stable economy, less wars, less hatred and so on.

Yeah I stand by my comment of 99% because its true. I dont think most people know how to decide which changes will benefit them. I'm one of the 99%!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
When I was a kid hospitals were mostly charitable institutions. Nurses often lived together and could still barely pay the rent.

When hospitals started to become profit making institutions, care got better, and doctors and nurses had an incentive to cure people.

Observing how medicare rationed health care to my mother, I am less than thrilled with govenment's version of health care.

I had gone through most of my life without having health insurance. A couple years ago I had to go to the hospital. They saved my life and I was out $30,000. They said they would finance it. I had some other sources and I paid the hospital every penny due them. Now I wanted health insurance and ran into the preexisting condition problem. I read that group policies could not do that, so I formed an LLC and got a group policy. I need it because I have diabetes, and insulin is expensive. I insure a family member who works without an employer plan.

The fact is millions of people covered by health insurance will die. The uninsured in this country are provided emergency care. It bothers me that the hospital saves their life, and they don't bother to pay the hospital back, they declare bankruptcy. Outlaw that dodge in a universal healh care system, and you will reduce costs.

America is an incentive based system. You want the benefits but don't won't to work or pay for them, you don't deserve them then. Sorry it's not my fault you could die without insurance. That's nature's fault.

I no longer feel guilty if people die, because they die anyway even when they have coverage. It's not my fault.

Unless you make everyone who uses the system pay for it, it will evetually suck the life out of the free enterprise system, and the incentive for getting up in the morning will be gone.

If I am going to pay for free health care for those that won't pay into the system, I want them to take at a minimum money they spend on cigarettes, pot, drugs, and alcohol and pay for health care. They should not be allowed to use these things.

Now we can talk about passing UHC. We already pay for it, but don't get it.
A conservative case for universal health care.

To me money is freedom. When you tax me you take my freedom down a notch. So make what we already spend work for us. We don't need additional taxes to do it.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by A52FWY]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Wow what kind of propaganda flakes are they feeding you?

I'm going to ask you one question, have you ever been here to America? From what it sounds like you haven't.

And as far as the quality of life goes, maybe if the government stayed the hell out of our lives our quality of life would be much much better.

And the collective knowledge of 99% is way better than the collective knowledge of a bunch of crooks, all the politicians know how to do is tax us and spend our money. And when they run out of that money tax us some more.

You really need to stop believing what ever garbage these people are feeding you about America because most of it is down right lies.

About the Muslim fanatics part, don't worry your time is coming to be hated by them, they only want to take over the whole world. So Australia is somewhere on the list.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dannyfal

Because lazy people do not deserve handouts, thats why...why do I have to bust my tail every day so that the govt can steal my private property in order to subsidize degenerates like u in exchange for your vote? Have some self-respect, get off your rear-end and go to work...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Oh geez sorry, I forgot which forum I was on

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dannyfal

That is a lie...not surprising, considering lying is what he apparently excels at...

From the CBO...over 14 million illegals will be covered under this bill....

www.iowapolitics.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadyLawyer

Sorry, wrong link. Here are the correct ones:

michellemalkin.com...

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh

PG 50 Section 152 in HC bill - HC will be provided 2 ALL non US citizens, illegal or otherwise

Just to say that in the UK, if anyone, foreigner or illegal immigrant finds themselves in a bad state, then the NHS won't turn them away. Y'know, cause adequate healthcare IS a basic human right, no matter how you slice it.

For as long as you can afford it but I doubt other countries are going to lend the UK and US money to support deficit spending forever and raising taxes will drive business away. The world isn't all sunshine and lollipops, spend some time in a 3rd world nation outside a tourist destination and you will know what I mean.

Basic human rights are privileges earned by good economic management, hard work and technological breakthroughs. Nature knows no mercy and the lifestyles we take for granted can quickly disappear. If other nations are willing to work harder for what the developed world currently has (China for example) they will have what we had.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I've just finished skimming over the Health Bill. It looks like the
government is trying to re-invent the wheel here.

All they have to do is regulate the health insurance industry the way
banks and other important American institutions are regulated. The
government can force the insurance industry to pay for all medical
care and provide subsidies that enable everyone to afford the
insurance. This would accomplish the same thing as this complex
piece of legislation without so much interference in our lives.

On page 16 (section 102), it appears to be saying that if you lose
your job, or simply want to change insurance companies, you'll not
be able to do so, because insurance companies will be prohibited from
taking on any new customers as of Y1 (Year One) that this new
legislation goes into effect. The only option available will be the
Government Run Health Insurance plan. If I'm interpreting this
correctly, it would mean that this bill is designed to drive private
health insurance companies out of business through attrition of
their customers over time. I sure hope I'm wrong! Anyone else
interpret Section 102 in this way? -cwm

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Two words: Population Control. Need I say more???

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by believer81

Originally posted by star in a jar
I do not accept this system of government where people can only have a say in certain few side matters like healthcare and not major matters, such as how money is spent (secret budgets, military budgets, bailouts, etc)

Since we started paying for them. The United States is (in theory) a citizen republic, not feudalism.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Democrats Block GOP Health Care Mailing

www.rollcall.com...

Republican Members have made 20 requests to mail a version of the chart to their constituents and have been told that the requests are being delayed while the commission reviews allegations that the chart is misleading.

“Hiding the truth about wildly unpopular policies is a Democrat specialty,” said one GOP aide. “I’d like to see the flow chart on how Speaker [Nancy] Pelosi plans on implementing the open and transparent government she keeps promising everyone.”

“We have initiated discussions with the minority to try and resolve current differences and are operating in good faith to achieve that goal,” said Kyle Anderson, a spokesman for House Administration Chairman Robert Brady (D-Pa.). The committee has oversight of the commission.

Rep. Dan Lungren (R-Calif.), ranking member of the committee and a member of the franking commission, said through a spokeswoman that he is also aware of the situation and is working with the members of the franking commission to resolve the differences, but he added that he believed Democrats on the commission were overreaching.

“He strongly believes that the franking commission does not have the authority to deny Member communications based on partisan differences of pending legislation,” said Salley Collins, a spokeswoman for Lungren.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join