It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Give me half a tanker of iron and I will give you an ice age.”- Russ George

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What is so hard about planting trees and plants to clean the air.

You can uproot a plant and break it into sections of roots and make several plants for example...... it's easy and free use nature itself.

We need to use what God and Earth has supplied us with, wind, sun, water.

If people just stopped and thought about it so many things can be answered simply and be fixed inexpensively.

The problem is getting ALL people to work together for one another.

We NEED to get the waters to be better oxygenated then they are at the moment. I don't know about iron..... there has to be better ways to "restore" the plant life down there.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by observe50]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. N

If that was aimed at me,the no one has used the term *global warming* in years... they actually interchange them and use either one or the other,sometimes both in the same sentence.Atleast the UN does as recent as 2009 in lots of their reports on the matter...do they have a basic understanding?
Climate change is quite sneaky though,whatever happens to the weather its all our fault...

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The Iron Solution could be viable, but I think very expensive in the long run. Even aerosolised and carefully applied as part of a ' treatment '.

What I don't get is ( and I admit I am no chemist or biologist ) ... where are the plants ? Especially the marine plants.

The world is being bombarded with nitrogen ( made soluble for use as fertilizer ) and ( so they tell us ) carbon dioxide.

Nitrogen plus Carbon Dioxide = ? Plants. Especially marine types. I think it would be difficult to argue against such a condition ( even though the seas could be choked with plants ) .

The lack of celebration regarding this excellent increase in plant life / air quality leads me to think that the whole issue is hogwash... then again, I am no chemist or biologist.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Skelkie3]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The bottom line is co2 has yet to be linked to warming or climate change. I guess anything is possible but the data doesn't prove it..

Until Al Gore and the other carbon tax advocates can explain why during the medieval warming co2 was near it's lowest. What caused the global warming back then without increased co2? Why is the earth cooling? Why are other planets in our solar system warming and cooling with earth's climate patterns?

The real answer is the earth always goes through changes, the sun goes through changes, nothing new here. This is nothing more then fearmongering snatch and grab at more of our hard earned money through taxation. Last I checked taxing for something that is yet to be proven true is taxation without representation.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by libertytoall]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
this will never be put into action, why? because its a good idea, and good ideas are beaten senseless in this country.

don't believe me? anyone remember Nikolia Tesla, or how about that guy back in the 90's who modified engines to run on regular h2o, heart attack right?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Very interesting outside the box thinking... I hope more research is put into this.... star and flag

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag

How about 85 degrees with 100% humidity? How about 100 degrees with 100% humidity?

THAT is the direction it's going...

THAT is not even close to being proven. And yes, I lived in Miami for four years and three years before that in Baton Rouge. Loved both areas' weather.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

No sir it’s much better to enslave the peasants better known as the middle class and pump billions in cash
right into Al Gores carbon trading companies.

If we fix this mess with such a simple and cheap solution how will
they justify their plans get rid of the useless eaters?

How will we invade people’s homes if the guise of saving the Earth is blown?

How will Al Gore make enough money to buy a yacht for himself?

You have to understand that this Earth must be kept clean and healthy so that the biggest polluters and users of energy
can have a utopia for their children while we the peasants serve them with our very lives.

I can only imagine my great grandchildren slaving away under the order of some inbred, sadistic bankers spawn
and it makes wish that I could only live to see such a proud moment as modern day man makes such a great peasant but in two more generations we will be so stupid and conditioned
to take abuse that we will not even flinch when they beat us.

All of you that stand in the way of the banker’s future are terrorists; soon you will have to hold your tongues unless you want someone to pay you a visit.

You have been warned

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have a question:

How about we stop cutting down the rainforest? Couldn't that help just a bit?

How about we stop polluting the oceans. Couldn't that help just a bit as well?

How about we properly dispose of toxic wastes? Couldn't that help just a bit also?

Ok, that was more than just a question,
It's good we should go into complex ideas to prevent a complex scenario, but how about we start with the Simple and Logical ideas first?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Step back people. Does anyone really believe that TPTB give a damn about global warming or cooling or pollution or us?

Do you think the Rockefellers or any of the Bilderburgs are pushing this because they need more money?

NO. As other people have stated this is 100% about CONTROL. They want to create essentially a world wide tax to fund a one world government that has the power to control everything.

Science has nothing to do with this. There are experts on all sides of the issue of global warming and the ones that believe in it refuse to see any other evidence to the contrary - most significantly the solar system wide effects of sun spots warming and cooling all of the planets that do not include people at the same rate as Earth, cyclically and consistently.

The fringe extremist element, AKA Climate NAZIs would prefer us to live in the stone age or have people wiped out altogether. They are the perfect useful idiot for TPTB that want to create world government and that is why they get mass funding for their Jacobinsian assault on the rest of us.

Global warming has become more of a religion for these types who arrogantly consider anyone in disagreement childish, but really, is there anything more childish then a person who refuses to consider other views... Not a very scientific way of coming to a conclusion. Remember global warming is only a theory, and theories should only be supported or fall when exposed to facts. Theories should not cover their ears and say LA LA LA I don't hear you - THAT is childish.

Who was it that said "The only thing certain is a closed mind." No my friends - Global Warming is all about money and control.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Skelkie3

Not just CO2 and Nitrogen, Phosphorus as well. There are many elements that go into "plant making" not just the two stated. And it really isn't "n2", but nitrates that help plants grow (as mentioned in your fertilizer statement). But even fertilizer is not good for the environment.
The natural process of making Nitrates is with lightening storms. The strike breaks the triple bond on the nitrogen molecule and is easily absorbed into water, then it falls in the rain and gets absorbed by the plants. It is a little more complicated then just dumping elements to encourage plant growth.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Saw this in Wired about 4 years ago...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Your article is propaganda, in that it paints opponents of this guy's idea as also being supporters of the stupid carbon-credit switcheroos. Ergo opposing this guy means you support a worse idea.

Not so.

I can't see how dumping lots of iron into the ocean is any saner of an idea than filling our atmosphere with sulphur dust - remember that one, shoot lots of sulfur into the atmosphere so that it partially blocks the sun?

Even if the iron filings do what they're said to do, all this does is put a band-aid on the wound. The actual problem is, very simply, the gross overproduction of carbon. THAT does need to be addressed first.

After all, there's no point in cleaning the sewage out of a river if you're going to leave the pipe broken.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have never been able to understand why the issue is global warming or cooling. How come people care so little about everything else that lives here (including plant life) that it has to turn into some other abstract issue we can't even prove exists. They just want to create another industry. If this was really about helping the all life on this planet, we would be worried about clean water and air for our citizens and a habitable environment for whales, trees, polar bears, you name it. I almost feel people would WANT to be apart of this if they saw the real effects of pollution on their own lives instead of some arguable doomsday scenario.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
We need to fix our habits, not fix the environment. BEcause eventually the same problems will come back ...
so what are we going to do , turn oceans into iron?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
We need to fix our habits, not fix the environment. BEcause eventually the same problems will come back ...

Bravo

Humans have to shape up or the Earth is gonna -ship us out-.

Till we learn to be proper stewards of this world we will never become greater then the sum of our parts. Just a bunch of self centered Apes waiting for the next Ape to do the right thing till suddenly you are the last Ape in the tree and you wonder why you are all alone.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Taikonaut

Yup.

Sort of like how shooting sulfur powder into the upper atmosphere would result in sulfuric acid rain.

Basically these are plans by people who don't actually believe in the problem they're "trying to solve" and are instead trying to distract from the actual problem - the massive overproduction of gaseous carbon.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I'll spring for a couple of cups of iron ore. Might as well try something different.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

Like I said in an earlier post -- there is some science to back up this guy's idea (it's actually not HIS idea, but an old idea)...

...We have an oxygen atmosphere because 3 billion years ago the oceans were iron-rich, and that iron promoted the growth of phytoplankton, which in turn made almost all of our atmospheric oxygen. It if wasn't for the iron in the oceans, we would have very little oxygen today.

However, it is very dangerous to start tinkering with the balance of the oceans; but at the same time, if humans are causing the rise in CO2, it may be too late to reverse it by simply "changing our habits". Much more drastic measures may be in order, such as seeding the oceans with iron.

This would also be true if the rise in CO2 is not man-made, but a natural process (i.e., an "effect" rather than a "cause" of climate change).

[edit on 7/22/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Space dust contains a high percentage of iron.

If nature needs a little "booster shot" of iron to get rid of some excess carbon, then it looks like a good antidote to me.

For those who think it's screwing around with nature, I say balderdash. Iron is as much a part of nature as anything else that is in nature. If it is demonstrated that it works, go for it.

[edit on 22/7/09 by John Matrix]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join