It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture is a Myth. Savvy?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by speakplain

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
reply to post by speakplain

so because people have different views as you you take it as an attack?

if that doesnt spell insecurity then what does?

and by all means, there is a quoting mechanism you can use...

bet you cant even come up with one "attack"...

your post is a good example as to why many christians have the label of ignorant.
I know you wont like this, but I have to say it...

you need to check yourself.

Exactly. Stereotypical nonsense. I am totally secure btw

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I believe in the bible but NOT the rapture because it's not in the bible.It is a myth as far as I can tell.There are alot of bible believers tha agree.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
dear speakplain, I have read all these post and none(this coming from a very strong christian) of them are bashing christianity. these are merley people who have had bad experiences with the religious liars. Instead of getting defensive because some one has a problem with our belief and deeming them rubish, you should have tried to educate them that that's not how God works and thos religious liars who kicked someone out of the church because they gave their money to some one else or went to a different church will have a lot to answer for on the day of judgement.

And regarding the rapture, I don't care. If that's how Jsus chooses to come back that's fine, if he wants to do something else that's also fine. Not believing it or believing it does not effect my walk with God.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
ALSO, avoid looking to the Left Behind book series for better understanding of Revaltion or anything else. The men who write them are money grubbing liars. I wouldn't exactly trust anything written by men who try to sell a doomsday calendar for $100. Plus the books were just poorly written and unimaginetive.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Most of what is referred to as "the Rapture" cherry picks Scripture and total ignores the plain meaning of Matthew 24 (and companion passages in Luke and Mark), which clearly specifies that "the gathering of the elect" happens after the nastiness of the Tribulation period, not before it as depicted in LaHaye/Jenkins' "Left Behind" series.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by CharlesMartel]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

Anyone that knows anything doesn't use Matthew 24-25 to teach the rapture. The reason being, the rapture isn't in those chapters. The main texts are found in 1 Thessalonians 4.13ff, 1 Corinthians 15.51-53. There is another in John, but I can't remember the reference. There is a secondary one in Revelation 3.10.

Yes, it's true that the word "rapture" doesn't occur in the English Bible. It does occur in the Latin Bible. 1 Thessalonians 4.17 [Vulgate]:

deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Domino in aera et sic semper cum Domino erimus

Rapiemur is the word from which we get the English word, "rapture".

Here is the same verse in the English Standard Version, with the same word bolded:

Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

In English, we translate the Greek word "harpazo" [ἁρπάζω] as caught up. This Greek word means:

to seize (in various applications): - catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).

So, in the end, the idea of a "snatching away" of believers is taught in the scripture. The next question is when this occurs, which is something that is not so clear and up for debate. But that shouldn't divide Christians.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
why u think rapture are myth.? that s why there are called FAITH. I believe rapture are real. it will happen in future soon. I know about rapture what it will happen. I wish i could tell you guys. but I dont want to. People dont believe or take serious what I talk about rapture.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
1. Rapture simply WILL NOT HAPPEN, if it did then we as a soul have failed to learn our lesson and failed to evolve into higher conciouseness. I honestly think that religious people are VERY VERY VERY irresponsible, human causes war NOT SATAN, human causes all forms of insanity and distress NOT SATAN and many of the wars are the direct result of religiouse extremist Al Queda, Eve Angelist Christians, Zionist support. Then these same people wonders why they are in the state their in and then says stuff like "Oh Jesus is going to save us all".

2. Religion and Politics is the same thing and very much interconnected. Religion is suppose to be this great teaching material about history and mankind. On one hand religion makes its spiritual teaching into war like ritualistic talk "TRIUMPH AND GLORY". I am sorry wars, and denegration of the human soul is an ABSOLUTE insult made by false religiouse doctrines.

3. Religion plays both a militaristic role and a fake spiritual role.

4. Spirituality and religion are two different things.

Spirituality teaches that you are GOD, you are not part of the infinite you are the infinite, you are the holy divine being because you do have a spirit, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR REALITY BECAUSE YOU CREATED IT (We think reality is on the outside, infact reality is in the mind, so what gives atom and sub-atomic particle its solidity is THOUGHT, INTENT, EMOTION), you are not part of nature you are nature, YOU REINCARNATED LIFE TIME AFTER LIFE TIME to learn various spiritual/non-spiritual lessons so you can improve yourself and mature up. Unfortunatly for the last 5600 years this type of spiritual/scientific (Metaphysician and Quantum physician recently firgured it out) teaching. YOU ARE SPIRIT, FREE WILL, FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION, AND ALSO You chose your experiences.

5. If you want freedom then the price is responsibility, if you want a savior then the price is your free will and devotion

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

inteldaily.com...

Popes demand for power of nukes... scary

his demand for power of economy (and I have the full 100 page document of his demand)... hope no one gets left out.

www.reuters.com...

www.bloomberg.com...
Russin leader Dmitry Medvedev's proud of his new world coinage....

Whats all that have to do with the rapture? Well its the revalations in the back of the bible. (Lets stick with King James Version here...) You'll notice the woman (church's are seen as feminine) sitting on 7 hills (hmm sounds like the vatican.. only church on 7 hills with that power...) will be givin the authority for one world order. Most people say sure.. its the vatican... they cant do any harm... well lets realize that the current pope was one of hitlers brown shirt bandits. And he has been involved with some vary scary people since then. I could go on about that, but I wont.

It equals up to faith. If you dont think the rapture is here its because you have no faith, or you have never taken the time to learn the bible. If you have read it, and it dont make since its because not everything is litteral and you should try studying it from the origional languages. There really wont be a woman sitting on 7 hills litteraly. I hope you will open your eyes and pay attention to government and world news. Try it for a week, youll see.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join