It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture is a Myth. Savvy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Yet another Christian bashing thread. What started out as a valid question has inevitably turned into another excuse for people to knock the Bible and Christian theology.
As one enlightened poster said, the only proof of the rapture provided will be quotes from the Bible. Duh? You don't say!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by speakplain

Im confused...where did it turn into a christian bashing thread?

can u give an example?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

well, we all know deception comes in many forms. maybe, believing in god is deception but maybe the rapture is not. maybe they're other beings out there who wanna actually help us only if we want help.

if we love this corrupted world and love to take advantage of people and think we dont need no help then maybe we wont get no help. i see the church of the sub genius (silly group of twisted individuals) have this little get-together every year called x-day where they mock the rapture and for these beings to come.

the whole x-day is a front if you ask me. but that dosent mean a rapture isnt gonna happen. where the deception lies one must take that trip down the rabbit hole and test everything. test a book that talks about testing it all.

i say we're all being played and moved about in this game of chess but how come some pawns know they're pawns while others dont?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Yeah, page 1

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The person who invented the Rapture is none-other than William Miller, who was mentioned without a name early on in the thread.

The Millerites were taught by Mr. Miller that there was this thing called the rapture, which is where God will come down and take all the faithful up before Armageddon and smite all the unworthy afterwards... or some such.

Miller predicted two dates, one after the first had come and gone, and both dates ended up with a huge group of people standing around in a field wondering why god had forsaken them.

And thus, the 7th Day Adventists were born (These are the modern day Millerites).

As a theologian, I find it disturbing and sad that the rapture has bled over into most American forms of Christianity, when it was demonstrably false twice... but it "Seems like a great idea" for propoganda purposes, so has been integrated into the "Common Faith of the Day(TM)".

Religion is not necessary for a person to live a good life.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Miller...or the Millerites...which turned into the Seventh Day Adventists..

Never do math in public...and never predict the endtimes date.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

so because people have different views as you you take it as an attack?

if that doesnt spell insecurity then what does?

and by all means, there is a quoting mechanism you can use...

bet you cant even come up with one "attack"...

your post is a good example as to why many christians have the label of ignorant.
I know you wont like this, but I have to say it...

you need to check yourself.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs

so because people have different views as you you take it as an attack?

if that doesnt spell insecurity then what does?

and by all means, there is a quoting mechanism you can use...

bet you cant even come up with one "attack"...

your post is a good example as to why many christians have the label of ignorant.
I know you wont like this, but I have to say it...

you need to check yourself.

Exactly. Stereotypical nonsense. I am totally secure btw

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

The person who invented the Rapture is none-other than William Miller, who was mentioned without a name early on in the thread.

Actually, people have mentioned the rapture hundreds of years before Miller (including, you know, the Bible itself). I don't have the list now, but I could get it.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

Nowhere in the bible does it mention the Rapture. In no part of revelations does it state that the faithful are taken up to heaven before the seals are broken... Revelations, if it is to be believed, involves all of mankind and no favorites are played.

The Rapture, Specifically, is god whisking away a group of spiritually faithful to shelter them from the storm of the end-times... and it is not written about in the bible.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So because you can not give an example of an attack you label it all as sterotypical nonsense...got it...You could always do the rational thing and lend evidence supporting your belief...

Anyway, you are here obviously for one reason. To troll.

so...

have a good one!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon

Nowhere in the bible does it mention the Rapture. In no part of revelations does it state that the faithful are taken up to heaven before the seals are broken... Revelations, if it is to be believed, involves all of mankind and no favorites are played.

The Rapture, Specifically, is god whisking away a group of spiritually faithful to shelter them from the storm of the end-times... and it is not written about in the bible.

It doesn't mention the word "rapture", but it definitely talks about the event.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52 KJV

"51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

In no part of revelations does it state that the faithful are taken up to heaven before the seals are broken.

What about this?

Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.

-Revelation 3:10

'The hour of trial' refers to the tribulation (meaning 'trial') and it is the only thing that would fit 'the whole world.'

The verse is found in the messages to the seven churches which has a lot of meanings.

1). Churches that literally existed at the time.
2). A prophetic flow of the progression of the church age (See: HERE).
3). A classification of Christians throughout time (The lukewarm, the true Christians, the worldly Christians, etc.).

It really sounds like Revelation 3:10 is promising true Christians an escape from the tribulation, IMO.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
Im confused...where did it turn into a christian bashing thread?

can u give an example?

To be honest, I noticed this too but ignored it because it happens all the time. A thread will be started on a specific topic concerning Christian doctrine and some posters cannot help but to chime in with off topic posts about how Christianity is bogus, it's terrible, Christians are terrible, 'Here is a video you should watch that debunks your faith,' etc.

If it's happened once, it's happened a million times. I don't even pay attention to it anymore and try to just address the topic at hand. It actually happens with a lot of topics. Israel/Palestine, Democrat/Republican, Islam/Christianity/Atheism, secret societies, etc.

A very specified discussion is started on whatever subject/group but it devolves into off topic posts attacking the ideology/group in a general sense instead of discussing the topic at hand. I used to take it personally as a Christian then began to notice just how often it happens on all topics so I stopped letting it get to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

When discussing that particular section of Corrinthians, the speech deals with the ressurection of the dead and the purification of the spirit, equating Death to a symptom of the corruptable nature of the flesh and how the ressurection of the dead is a purification of the spirit.

Next question please.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

Then what about the verses in Revelation that AshleyD quoted?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

When taken in context, it is a promise from the Everliving to keep those that overcometh from the results of the Tribulations... this does not mean they will not bear witness or experience them.

IN the context of Revelations chapter 3, it is meant to be a promise that the faithful will be rewarded that recognize the Lord's patience and endure.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

They might have quite alot of help from their ET friends too. These beings are mentioned in nearly all religions and cultural creation legends...I think the PTB are working for the real "masters" of the world...

It is entirely possible it all dates back to Ur and a slave race of human beings has been skilfully manipulated for 8,000 years or possibly longer (much longer) by beings from other planets.

Rome does seem to be at the dark heart of the conspiracy presently and one might seriously question why the Museum was the first to fall in Baghdad and the extroidaray attention paid to Ancient Sites by the U.S. Military in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I have to reply further on the promise made in Corrinthians that you mentioned, as it is quite interesting....

"Behold at the last trump"... This means that after the seven seals are broken, and upon the last trumpet of the Lord being sounded... that the dead whom suffered during the tribulations are somehow purified in spirit and entered into the Lord's presence.

At least, that is how the chapter in Corrinthians seems to read. It coincides with Christ's mastery of death and ajoins with the statement in Revelations of being the holder of the "Keys of Death and Hell".

Interestingly enough, it also seems to jigger well with the apocryphal texts describing Jesus' descent into hell and the emptying of the souls from there.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

When taken in context, it is a promise from the Everliving to keep those that overcometh from the results of the Tribulations... this does not mean they will not bear witness or experience them.

OK, thanks for your reply. We'll have to agree to disagree, though, because the original Greek implies 'out of' where the English states 'from.' To me, that is a direct statement that the true Christians will not simply be protected from but will completely be removed from.

Contrasted with the message to Thyatira who are told they will be thrown into the tribulation.

Behold, I will throw her onto a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her I will throw into great tribulation, unless they repent of her works

-Revelation 2:22.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join