It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture is a Myth. Savvy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

See this is why I don't buy into the Religion of Atheism.

You simply cannot let people live the way they want to live. I have seen a few posts where you talk about not liking being preached at and yet you are trying to preach to my wife through me about the folly of her ways.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I don't buy the whole arguement that atheists are smarter then those who practice religion. Atheists for the most part are smug assholes. Thats why I don't buy into the religion of Atheism either.

I don't think i'm smarter then someone else.

I mean, if Einstein believed in the Easter bunny, he was still much smarter then me! humbly put.

We are not a***oles, which you say.

I just would think it silly for such a wise person to believe in something so foolish.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by jd140

do you ask these questions because you doubt this happened ?? or do you geniunely want to tell them off.

The church was called Pueblo De Dios
Lompoc California, I dont know the exact address, they moved
Pastor Avalos
.. this happend, .. I'd say at least ten years ago, I was a lad at the time.
The pastor speaks spanish, but I think his english has gotten better.

Let us know how it goes.

.... and this experience isn't what made me give up christianity, ... that began with my first out of body experience, .. my world has never been the same.

Yes, I ask because I do not believe that it happened. Seeing as how the pastors only spoke spanish I will assume that he hasn't bothered to learn english.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

If she was a true christian she would be preaching to everyone, and would kill me by stoning me to death for preaching something else!

You can read my posts, and say I want what I have now! That is what I know, and that is all there is! Fittily.

So be it, you need not fight me.

As long as there is a church preaching men living in big fish on every corner, I don't see the huge problem of one guy on ats discussing it, or dare I say preaching. No discussing is better.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I think his wife is a little better in english... and his son and daughter are fluent. May I ask why you dont believe me ??? Have I made outlandish claims in the past ?? or do you just geniunely dislike me ?? either way, I WANT you to call now, I'm a man of virtue, and I dont appreciate my honesty in question, ... ever.

I actualy wrote a thread about disinformation, .. or should I say misinformation.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

When I was a christian, they were certain the rapture would come at any moment, and every year would be the year.

And you notice said same xtians were so confident, they still took out 25 year mortgages, pensions and life insurance

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I don't see the problem discussing it either. You are not discussing. You are preaching.

The problem is that you are being a hypocrite when you say you don't want to be preached at and then you turn around and start posts like this one.

You enjoy putting Christians down. It makes you happy to insult them. You just don't like it when they turn it around on you and insult you back.

Like I said before, for the most part I enjoy your posts. The exception is these type of posts. I find you are a hypocrite when it comes to this topic.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

reply to post by jd140

I think his wife is a little better in english... and his son and daughter are fluent. May I ask why you dont believe me ??? Have I made outlandish claims in the past ?? or do you just geniunely dislike me ?? either way, I WANT you to call now, I'm a man of virtue, and I dont appreciate my honesty in question, ... ever.

I actualy wrote a thread about disinformation, .. or should I say misinformation.

I have manners and as it is 10pm(?) in California, it will just have to wait until the morning.

I could care less if you appreciate what I say or not.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

I don't see the problem discussing it either. You are not discussing. You are preaching.

The problem is that you are being a hypocrite when you say you don't want to be preached at and then you turn around and start posts like this one.

If I came out and said a wild claim about christianity bein something something something, only because noone else of hinduism or islam came about. I'd surely go into that.

I am discussing, i'm showing how the myth of Rapture came about, who came up with it, and why it shouldn't be believed in as a fact.

It's a discussion, I even announced in the un-edited OP, that it was open for discussion or any wishing to rebuttal it.

It's a discussion, i'm saying if you think there is a substantial basis as why someone should believe it is a fact then so be it. If not, it's still a discussion.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

You still didn't answer my question..... why is it you dont believe me ??? Is such a scenario impossible in your perfect christian world ??

Obviously you dont care what I appreciate, but you should care about the verbal lashing I may dish out at anyone being so cavlier as to out right call me a liar.

Tomorrow I'll even be so kind as to ask my father what the mans name was, ... as it happened awhile back, .... and find you the pastor's home number.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

"It is another add-on in the neverending interpretation of a worn out book.

If you're hoping for a rapture, and think it'd just be splendid to bypass death, and cross go collect some money then bolt on up for eternity with a divine being to sing his praises for eternity, then you fail. "

Yea that sounds as if you are open to a discussion. Asking for immense evidence for proof the Rapture is real really leaves alot of room for discussion.

Don't know what I was thinking.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Yea that sounds as if you are open to a discussion. Asking for immense evidence for proof the Rapture is real really leaves alot of room for discussion.

Don't know what I was thinking.

'
I wrote it, and I won't take it back for viewers purpose

I did reread it in your text and had a good jolly laugh from how a religious person must read it.

Sorry i'm not more sensitive.

If one is going to believe in something, I think it is worth having some evidence to back it up, support it, provide a backbone, have a strong theory for why it is the way it is and will be.

Although my language may sound a bit crude, it's still discussion.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

reply to post by jd140

You still didn't answer my question..... why is it you dont believe me ??? Is such a scenario impossible in your perfect christian world ??

Obviously you dont care what I appreciate, but you should care about the verbal lashing I may dish out at anyone being so cavlier as to out right call me a liar.

Tomorrow I'll even be so kind as to ask my father what the mans name was, ... as it happened awhile back, .... and find you the pastor's home number.

Apparently you haven't read any of my posts in this thread.

I do not follow a religion. Not even Atheism.

I do not believe you because it doesn't sound believable to me.

I really don't care if you assault me verbally. I will read a little of it until I get tired of it and move on.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Before I was baptized, I had doubts about whether or not God existed or not. When I was baptized, all that doubt was removed from me!!!
And I was blessed to be with a good friend who passed away from old age, as she was dying I saw her eyes and the look of joy and peace that was on her face from whatever it was that she saw. So, yes, there is something beyond this life!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Who cares? Let them believe it will happen.

My wife believes it will happen and I don't. We get along just fine.

If we can live together and have opposite views about it then you guys can let people who you don't know believe what they want.

Ask yourself this though.

What if she believed in Santa Claus.

Would that be completely ok with you?

Would you think what harm does this cause?

It is, it shows a lack of reasoning. Yet santa claus effects at least one day of the year.

God is your whole life, you live off of it, everything you do is because of this hypothesis.

What if you are a person who does not believe in evolution, due to the numerous fallacies inherent within this theory, and yet who does not believe in God, due to inconsistencies associated with certain spiritual scriptures...what reasoning label do you consequently acquire? A "lack of", an "abundance of", or "no reasoning whatsoever"?

A reasoning level is ultimately placed upon another person by someone with a differing, or similar opinion...unless of course undisputed facts can be addressed (Santa doesn't exist...but is evolution 100% factual and is the existence of God 100% factual?)

and yes, I'm being difficult...
but I do believe in the Creator...and microevolution, yes, but macroevolution, NO...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

You're agnostic i'm guessing, someone who isn't quite sure of the god in any texts, but isn't sure there is not a god, preferably monotheistic god.

Right/Wrong?

It shouldn't be unbelievable, why, because at kiwana's as a severe youth to me, I was under scrutiny for donations to!

We paid a price to attend, whilst really it wasn't my choice, but it was assumed that the parent would leave me money which I would undoubtedly trusted to donate when the time came, and when I spent all my money on cokes and snickers, none left for god, was when the problems began!

I can completely believe it, even by the sheer fact and wording of instella, even if I don't agree with him on some things, I can tell his truthness in it, and relate.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I leave you to what you call a discussion.

Try and not be so hypocritical in the future.

Nope, I have no ties to any form of religion. I am simply here. My parents are baptists, my wife and her family is catholic, my first wife was Cambodian so she was buddihst.

I choose to personally not be tied to any religion.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by jd140]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I aplogize if I came across a little harsh, I have to admit it did anger me, .. and I am not easily angered. But I only have a few buttons, and one of them is questioning my honor, as I take great pride in the principles I live by.

However I think it would be good to check out my story, perhaps I can gain a little credibility in your eyes, which will lead to respect, and grounds for future, intelligent discussions.

Alas, the flush of negitiviy has passed, and all there is, is love baby.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Astarfaraway

Astarfaraway, such a beautiful username, to bad mine is so blunt, crude, and disgusting sounding!

Yes you are being difficult, but it is appreciated!

I find it that the Evolution theory holds more substantial and understandable reasonable grounds, then the God Theory.

Ergo I go with it, i'm not 100% atheist, as I cannot prove that there is absolutely no god, PAP.

I do find more reasoning wiht evolution then I do any other theory brought about in time.

Why micro, and not macro, why if something is bigger not be under subject to something micro.

I believe we can see micro happen within our lifetime, but macro takes more time, so we assume it's not possible, because one lifetime as a whole cannot witness it.

Do you believe the 'creator' is the creator depicted in any of the religious text of the bible quran whatever?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I have no problems discussing things with you.

You are words on computer moniter. I don't put alot of stock into what is on the internet. Therefor I don't get upset over things that I read on ATS.

I can have a nice conversation with someone here if I think they are a liar. I can and have had nice discussions and even agree with some of what Republican08 says, even though I find him to be a little hypocritical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join