It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Explosions in Baghdad Market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
An explosion in a Baghdad market has killed at least seven people including three police officers. At least 13 other people were wounded in the blast, eyewitnesses and hospital sources told Reuters news agency.

Source: BBC

An US convoy had just passed through the area before the explosion in the Bayaa area of the Iraqi capital, they said.

After the blast, US soldiers sealed off the area and ambulances rushed the casualties to a nearby hospital.

Elsewhere, three British soldiers have been injuried in a grenade explosion in Basara, but details are not yet known.

More details as it becomes available

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

[Edited on 5-9-2004 by Valhall]

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The blast appears to be a mis-timed attack on a US convoy, perhaps in retaliation for the abuse photos that have been seen recentyly. However, there are not believed to be any US soldiers injuried in the attacks.. That said, it wouldnt surprise me if that was a dummy blast before the real ones go off, killing the US soldiers and bomb experts gathered around the area.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
they were blowing up us soldiers before the photos were released the sooner they get out the sooner the bombing stops simple let them deal with their own problems should not even be there

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Another thing we need to consider...
The possibility of an 'insider' in the US forces.. We've seen cases of suspected 'insiders' as such previously..
If this convoy wasnt a regular scheduled one, then how would they know about it's journey to such a time prehand as to set a time-bomb in the area? I think it must be on a timer because if it was radio-controlled I dont see any plausible way that it missed the convoy unless the people manning the trigger were completely stoned

top topics

join