It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory of the Universes Increased Rate of Expansion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

I really appreciate you taking the time to read my theory and to discuss it. I makes me happy that you at least take it halfway serious! NASA just straight up told me "NO you are wrong! We believe Dark Matter is controlling the expansion rate and that is that."

I guess once you invest that much time and money looking for something it is hard to even waste time reading a theory from someone named "TurkeyBurgers" that if true would cause a rewrite of all the Astronomy books.

I definitely believe that there could be other factors involved in speeding up and slowing down the expansion rate. It is possible that the electromagnetic or nuclear forces affect it as well or are the only things that affect it or something else that we cannot even observe is controlling it.

I chose Gravity since it seemed like it could handle the job. I think it is actually a really beautiful theory that fits in perfectly with the Big Bang model of the Universe.

There are so many Photons out in the Universe right now. I do not even know how we would begin to go about measuring the amount of Star Mass that has been converted into Photons.

I think this is often overlooked and could account for a huge amount of missing matter. I mean crap if we are currently receiving Photons that have been traveling for 13 Billion years through the Universe that means that Photons are freaking everywhere! Even looking at the Hubble Deep Field Image we see Photons from galaxies that started traveling not too long after the beginning of the Big Bang. That is a LONG time for a Photon to travel through the Vacuum of space only to get stolen by the Hubble.

In the time that some of these Photons have been traveling the original star that they came from could have gone nova and been recycled into 3 more generations of stars after it.

You most certainly did NOT come across as being personal in "attacks".

"I was challenging the theory because that's a necessary part of science, to question everything, and see if it stands up to scrutiny. If not, we move on; if it does, we build on top of that knowledge." -DragonsDemesne

I got a CHUBBY reading this. I am PROUD to have someone actually examine what I wrote. I LOVE Science and I LOVE the Scientific Method. I get MOVEMENT when I see it used! Beat my theory to crap. Force it to look ridiculous. I WANT it to be destroyed. I do not want to think I am right about something that is wrong!

"Science is Interesting, and if you don't agree you can %#& off!" -Dawkins

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

NASA scientists undoubtedly know more than I do on the subject; maybe they know something I don't? Still, if all they said was 'you're wrong, we think it's dark matter', that doesn't seem right to me. If they had said 'you're wrong, here's why... it's because of X' then that would be fine. It would have been nice if they had at least given you a rough idea of why it would be wrong, rather than 'it's dark matter'.

I'd be inclined to take the word of a NASA Ph.D over most other people on the subject, though; even if they were rather flippant about their response.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

I was incorrect. NASA told me that "Dark Energy" is responsible for controlling the rate of Expansion.

www.scholarpedia.org...

There is really good information about Dark Energy at this link but I cannot copy and paste it because it has characters that mess up the thread.

I have attempted to understand how the Theory of Dark Energy manipulates the speed of the expansion rate.

Speed up VERY fast (inflation) to what some would say is 35X the speed of light. Then the expansion rate slows down to under light speed. Now the expansion rate is speeding up again.

It is believed that Dark Energy takes up 75% of the Universe and the other 20% is made up of Dark Matter. That is 95% of the Universe being Dark. We should be observing Collisions between Dark Galaxies hitting Regular Galaxies in huge intervals.

My theory is so simple. It does not require any Dark Matter or Dark Energy to control the expansion rate.

Just our basic understanding of how a Star converts matter into Photons.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join