It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

soul a symbiotic lifeform?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Lately I have been thinking of a theory about what the ‘soul’ is. I have gone over it in another thread but I would like an outside perspective on my theories and any constructive input is welcome.

My theory is that the soul is actually an independent life form that exists in a symbiotic relationship with the host body. Just as the body is a collection of cells that coexist in a single form the soul exists with the body to increase the chances of survival of each.

What would a soul get from joining with a host? Well if you were an energy being floating in the depths of space it would be quite dangerous (as existing as energy doesn’t make you powerful as many seem to believe) solar radiation, gamma rays and black holes litter the cosmos, there may also be things that we are unaware of that would threaten such a being. So just as a hermit crab has a shell to protect itself from hazards the soul takes a body for protection and to interact more directly with the physical environment.

So then the question of death comes into the equation, the body has a finite existence based on its rate of decay and the stress that are applied to it. So if the soul has a much longer life span than the body then it would have to take a new host to continue its existence. So as written and speculate by numerous sources, the soul reincarnates and continues to grow and accumulate knowledge/wisdom, I use an analogy of an external hard drive in that it stores information and be transferred from computer to computer but relies on the specific computer its plugged into to work. So if the soul is connected to the body then it would make sense that the brain is not only used for processing and memory storage but acts as a focal point/node that connects the two together.

Just as organic life appears in many types and forms so would energy life. Energy being would have a specific frequency, as all energy does, so that different ‘species’ of these life form would have different frequencies. The stories of demons eating souls would then be a type of predator that hunts in a form without a host. As it would be possible for a strong enough being to survive without a host the tales of gods and demon are much older and powerful being that roam the cosmos as sharks and whales do. Using crabs as an example again, infant crabs survive on plants and plantain but often fall prey to fish and other sea life. But when a crab reaches adult hood its shell in know armour plating and survives on meat and other animals.

So if this is the equivalent of a human soul

Than this is god

[edit on 21-7-2009 by RokNinja]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I have come to similar conclusions.

The body is a meat puppet that needs constant maintenance, and our moods and decisions in life are a constant battle about dominance between infinitely wise and patient soul, and the body that contains it.

The body is too fragile to maintain balance on it's own, so we must feed it for the body chemistry that allows to live as we know it.

I am sure people with poor impulse control have a hard time distinguishing body chemistry wants and needs with the spirit that drives them to continue on.

Ever get moody because you were hungry, yet you knew better?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RokNinja

You are your soul.

The body is just what you use to get around and interact with this environment.

"Beings of light are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

yes and no on that one.

we conist as a whole of both
the body can exist on its own relying on the chemical reactions and functions of the brain.

our bodies work in the same way in that each cell is a living organism that works in conjunction with the others to survive but cannot function on its own.

basicly what i'm say is that the a soul would expand the processing power of our brain allowing us the cabability of increased high brain funtions/conscience thought

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I believe that souls are reincarnated over and over, so they use different bodies each time.

And I don't think that a body can exist without a soul so yes, it is a symbiotic relationship.

I don't believe that a soul can choose exactly when it is born, or where, or in which body.

It depends on how far that soul has evolved, but even so I think the soul goes where it has to within its range of evolvement.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
I believe that souls are reincarnated over and over, so they use different bodies each time.

From the same species?

or do you believe that souls like to pick and choose?

I'd pick human every time. Earth Human too.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Who knows?

Maybe a new soul (if there is such a thing) has to work its way up the ladder? Speaking of new and old souls, have you ever recognized this concept? I have, because with some babies you just know they have been here before, and with others, you know they are new.

Maybe a truly evil soul has to come back as something to be stepped on? (I wish).

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Maybe a new soul (if there is such a thing) has to work its way up the ladder?

i do believe that a soul would take simplier hosts early on and move up the evolutionary lader as they learn how to function and became strong enough to exist in a more complex body.

if an under developed soul took a complex host it would relay to much on the host and would fail to learn and grow. while a more evolved soul would put more strain on a simpler host causing it to age and die quicker.

Speaking of new and old souls, have you ever recognized this concept? I have, because with some babies you just know they have been here before, and with others, you know they are new.

ya i have (i'm soposed to be an old soul
)

i belive that most of the human race is in a 'larval' stage of development. this would also be why there are so many reference to us being made in the image of gods, we don't look like them but are an infant version of them and creation myths are a part of a reproductive cycle.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by RokNinja]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RokNinja

I, too ,am an 'old' soul - actually, I believe this is true because I can recognize new souls, one of which was my older brother. In fact, I can go through my family and tell you who are 'new' and who are 'old'.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I recently had a similar conversation with my mother. Her question is: Is there a difference between a soul and a spirit and if so how are they different? I would love some input. thanks

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

a spirit would be a disimbodied soul, (i asume you are talking about ghosts rather the mythical/elemental sprirts of nature)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I've come to similar conclusions recently. Crazy right? Maybe something's going on?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It explains a lot about ghosts, posession and reincarnation. I think there is an understanding in psychiartry. Freud talks about dividing the mind into The Id, The Ego, and The Superego. The soul may infact be the Superego, keeping The Id under control, The Ego as the interface between the two, and The Id as the controller of the body. The Id being in control of the survival impulses in contrl of the body alone may leave us in an animalistic state, something resembling cave men. If it is a symbiotic lifeform it may have found our species and taken control around that time, forging modern life over a great many years. Ghosts are attracted to and use energy, they can drain a person if they get close enough. The soul may have been looking for a sustainable source of energy and found it in homosapiens. Freud also talks about The Id producing Mental Energy, this may be what the soul lives on. If a soul can take control of our bodies then a ghost as a disembodied soul may be able to do the same. Posession of the body may be just dependant upon the time the soul has lived in the body. Astral projection is a sort of projection of your soul, it going for a walk without it's body. If the soul is a seperate lifeform, the way it bonds with the may impare the memory, thus rendering past body posession memories inaccessable to the conciousness. Hypnotic regression helps bring back these memories, but i have not heard of anyone reporting heaven or hell, I don't believe in structured religion, but see it as a form of control through fear, saying that a state of prayer is a focus of the mind and a form of meditation, mediums, spirit comunication, planes of existance/vibration. The idea of a soul being a symbiotic lifeform holds a lot of weight in explaining about afterlives and spirits in a more understandable way. The big question is are we the body with the soul clinging on or are we the soul contolling a bag of flesh, and is it fair or is it slavery?

top topics

join