It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Astrobiologists Debunk Aliens and UFOs In One Paragraph = Unscientific

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
cave paintings on a wall doesn't mean anything. Just because someone drew a dragon during medieval times means dragons are real.

Actually; archeologist believe dragon paintings are a sign that medieval Europeans probably uncovered dinosaur fossils and put the rest together.

Historical evidence such as cave paintings and documented sightings (like Alexander the great seeing flying shiny shields in the sky). This would normally be considered as evidence for scientific exploration. But even if a scientist found proof of alien visitation he would probably never report it.

Why you may ask? Because so many people have made it into a joke that no matter how convincing the evidence was his colleagues would ridicule and defame him, or (if the conspiracies are right) the government would carry him off, so it’s just best to ignore the whole thing.

Now I don’t know if alien visitation is real or not, but to say it is not worth “real” scientific debate and exploration is preposterous.

Just for arguments sake.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NRA4ever333

if ufology can raise the money to investigate good luck. No way should any tax payers money be spent on it.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
What this means is that...There is no evidence which supports intelligent life, other than that of humans, are currently involved with any sort of activities on this planet. Basically, all phenoma are either caused by humans, nature, or are unknown. Nothing has proven to be directly done by aliens.I don't know how much easier this can be explained other than by drawing a picture. I don't really want to have to do that :[
[edit on 22-7-2009 by CidCaldensfey]

There is plenty of evidence, my friend. The real problem with people like you is that your minds are already stuck into a frequency band that resists tuning and sets a limit on what is & isn't possible in the observable universe. You refuse to look at all the evidence; you ignore anything that doesn't fit your conditioned, materialistic model of reality; you employ selective skepticism and claim you need evidence to believe in aliens but don't need it to believe the word of a scientist; you dimiss the collective of anecdotal evidence; you use semantics and word games with your own rules of logic to try to win arguments, etc. In truth, you're brainwashed down the deepest end of the barrel and you can't even see the nose on your own face.

The NASA astrobiologist argues that it's highly unlikely that aliens are visiting Earth because astronomers are constantly looking up at the skies and don't ever see anything. My question to him is, how the hell do they know what they're looking at? You see, most people (including astronomers) still prosper on the old belief that all extraterrestrials must be little green, carbon-based, biological lifeforms that travel around in metallic saucers held together by nuts & bolts, and that abide by the same laws of physics we do. It's what they have been conditioned to believe, so it's what they expect to discover when searching the skies or sending out messages with radio telescopes.

Did you know that the vast majority of ET contact going on in the world is happening through human consciousness? Did you know that ET intelligence need not a physical body to exist? Did you know that the most frequent form of ET craft seen by people appear as spheres of pure light? Infact, when they see these particular light spheres, they're often misidentified as satellites or stars and get dismissed all together. Again; most scientists base their outlook of reality on a conditioned, materialistic paradigm that is restricting them from truly realizing the extent that which ET life can exist in the universe.

I leave you with a video shot in Derbyshire, England that'll hopefully get you to reconsider your stance:

[edit on 23-7-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

You just love that video, don't you......

.......out of focus videos of Venus, ISS, etc...

That video is a good example of why people from organisations like NASA think the "UFO people" are a bunch of ratbags.

It simply obfuscates & clouds the issue so that they never get to the cases that really are worthy of time & thought.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Of course alot of very educated people would proberly say the same thing.If i was a well educated person who has never seen a ufo in my life,i would proberly say the same thing.But how can we forget the hundreads of thousands of people around the world who have seen ufos just about from every country on earth.Educated people like,polits,airforce officers,politicians,police officers,doctors,lawyers and so on.All thoses people cannot be mad or suffering from some form of space age psychosis.I myself have seen nearly thirty ufos in my lifetime.I am not mad or suffering from spaceage psychosis.Twenty four of thoses sightings i seen were with other people at the time.They seen them too.I guess when the aliens finaly reveal themselfs to the rest of mankind it will be people like this who will be the first ones to go running to hide under there beds.The day i see a argasta impirial crusier,zedda star freighter and a kalasta zorb hovering above my house i will jump with joy to welcome our alien friends.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

[edit on 23-7-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I got a reply from David Morrison. He pretty much said when there is evidence for UFOs and ETs, then it will be acknowledged.

I told him I think the evidence is overwhelming...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Unscientific? Maybe. Unwise? Hell no!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well here is some evidence
Adam & Eve communicated with a REPTILE / SERPENT THAT SPOKE?????????? EVIDENCE ????

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Evidence:

The Watchers & they angel & alien offspring??? Did the flood kill them all or did some retreat to inner earth??????????????

Lucifers 1/3 of angels or aliens that left were are they???

Liluth her offspring were are they???

[edit on 7/23/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

[edit on 7/23/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
1. The possibility of Intellegent alien life existing is infinate. Not only because the universe is infinate but also because Earth itself sprung intellegent life, why not anywhere else?

2. A civilization with technology to squeeze through dimensions or travel across light years would certainly be able to make themselves invisible to a race that only sees one spectrum. (This may sound like cheesey Sci-fi but consider what our military and scientific bodies constantly try to achieve).

3. Most scientists might be clued up on Physics or other areas but they are very incapable of thinking outside the box which even Einstein admitted is a scientists most powerful tool. These people are just skeptical because our shallow modern day knowledge of Physics shows us that these things are not possible. The truth is we have only just begun to even scratch the surface of Physics, Engineering, Bio-engineering, Chemical structuring and more.

4. Last but not least. I know UFO's exist in general because I've seen one. I'm a generally smart guy and I do actually study Physics, Math and Philosophy. One only has to watch that video of the UFO being doing a 90 degree directional change when something heads for it to know that something is out there.

So that guy can take his little review and shove it up his ass!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
There is no physical proof that Obama was born in the US but it's accepted...

Also hypocritical .

to become president you have to be an american citizen.

here is a copy of his birth certificate: www.politifact.com...

enjoy.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by deloneninja
from the article, one thing that stuck out to me:

"The photos that are posted on the Internet are mostly fakes"

mostly fake

so they are not all fake..?

Yeah, I noticed the exact same thing. Lots of holes in that paragraph. I'm not taking a position one way or the other, but I recognize doublespeak and ambiguity when I see it.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

mostly fake

correct. some are of military test aircraft, weather balloons and the like.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad Regent
1. The possibility of Intellegent alien life existing is infinate. Not only because the universe is infinate but also because Earth itself sprung intellegent life, why not anywhere else?

No one ever questions this. We're pretty sure intelligent life forms are elsewhere.

2. A civilization with technology to squeeze through dimensions or travel across light years would certainly be able to make themselves invisible to a race that only sees one spectrum. (This may sound like cheesey Sci-fi but consider what our military and scientific bodies constantly try to achieve).

Hypothetical only, there's is no evidence. It's quick and fairly easy to assume other beings are more advanced than we are with their technology but in truth again it's hypothetical. We could be, as far as we know, the most advanced civilization in the universe.

3. Most scientists might be clued up on Physics or other areas but they are very incapable of thinking outside the box which even Einstein admitted is a scientists most powerful tool. These people are just skeptical because our shallow modern day knowledge of Physics shows us that these things are not possible. The truth is we have only just begun to even scratch the surface of Physics, Engineering, Bio-engineering, Chemical structuring and more.

so what you're saying is only alien believers can think out of the box? If that's the case, you only make them sound all crazy. They are ways to think things thru and that excludes naivety, this means, when someone claims something extraordinaire, you need extraordinaire proof to back it up.

who are you to say our knowledge of any science is shallow? Didn't you know the more you know the less you know? so if you know more than the rest of us you probably know a lot less too. The grandeur and the magnificence of life and the universe probably means that there is nothing to know that we don't already know inside ourselves. We just "recall" them somehow.

4. Last but not least. I know UFO's exist in general because I've seen one. I'm a generally smart guy and I do actually study Physics, Math and Philosophy. One only has to watch that video of the UFO being doing a 90 degree directional change when something heads for it to know that something is out there.

Your eyes are deceptive and your brain can make you hallucinate pretty much what you want. Just think of aliens or ghosts in your house, and you'll start seeing shadows and you'll feel weird but nothing has changed really. Also how many of us can tell what we see up in the sky? who can tell what a weather ballon, secret air plane, lighting balls of fire, unknown natural phenomenom in the sky, zeppelins, weird clouds formations, planets look alike all the time and can be sure 100% of what they have seen? only a tiny group of people are able to identify all these occurences without mistakes.

If you don't believe that your eyes are deceptive, play the the three shells and pea game and tell me if you end richer or broke at the end of the day.

So that guy can take his little review and shove it up his ass!

What he says make sense. We don't have any proofs whatsoever of ETs visiting us. you say what kind of proof we need? i'll tell you one easy to get. A UFO hovering the i-95 in Miami around 3-5 pm where all the national TV news can film it without a doubt. It never happened, i wonder why...(not)

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

You just love that video, don't you......

.......out of focus videos of Venus, ISS, etc...

That video is a good example of why people from organisations like NASA think the "UFO people" are a bunch of ratbags.

It simply obfuscates & clouds the issue so that they never get to the cases that really are worthy of time & thought.

Well that's interesting, I didn't know Venus bobbed and weaved in the sky, or traversed so rapidly from one part of the sky to the other in minutes. What a planet! I was also unaware that Venus could materialize about 200 ft. away from me above my neighbor's roof with a pair of two other Venuses two weeks ago, or even appear exactly the same to conventional camcorders in October -- as in the classic Bonsall footage; that's one amazingly mobile and sneaky planet. I'm also curious how the same Venus got into those STS-75 NASA shots (especially since there were hundreds of Venuses, if you've seen the video). Curious, mate! Oh, and something sure took one heck of a bite out of Venus and is making it pulsate and flicker all colours of visible light from the electromagentic spectrum too!

Sam60, I told you this in the other thread: please make sure you familiarize yourself with certain incidents before speaking out about them; it could save you from looking like a complete ignoramus in the future. Research the Derbyshire case and then come back with an opinion.
It's people like you -- arrogant, close-minded dullards who refuse to look at and reject evidence -- who "obfuscate & cloud the issue."

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by prizim

mostly fake

But that is not what the statement said, is it?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
How about Astroelectricity and Astroradiation that makes his astro
flights and biology non existent.
Humans can't live long in Astroland so why does he know anything
about Tesla UFOs.
UV destroys DNA.
So we must shield from UV.
Lets shield from gravity to make UFO anti gravity.

He knows nothing and says nothing scientific.
He might if the Illuminati let he read from the greatest natural and
electrical scientist of all time, Tesla, but the Illuminati are not that foolish.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by longfade

Originally posted by prizim

mostly fake

But that is not what the statement said, is it?

Well the author of the paragraph is saying all the photos of UFO's you see on the internet are NOT fake. Some people take photographs of a military jets in flight, aerial phenomena and other things which they mistake for a UFO.

I am not saying aliens are not flying to earth for visits. I just think it is highly unlikely as there isn't any proof that can be considered concrete.

I think if a highly intelligent species were to make their way to Earth they would not waste their time doing barrel rolls and circles in the night sky.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well considering that leading minds many hundreds of years ago assumed our planet was flat, and before that, were POSITIVE the earth was at the center of everything, and more recently, said travel to the moon was impossible, and even that flight was completely impossible, you'll pardon me for taking this guy's words at face value.

The only sure thing is how humankind is so sure of everything, until proven wrong.

We'd not have half of our development or discoveries, if scientists decided to not pursue an idea or theory without solid proof. The real reason it's scoffed at is because of a long campaign to discredit those who would study it. It's a laughable subject because of the media and government's help, as well as from folk like on these boards, who believe anything handed to them at face value. The Goodchild's of the world don't help at all. Which is why it's important imo, even if you do believe, to pursue and shoot down ridiculous ideas, that do nothing to further the study, nor get anyone to take the study seriously.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Thank you for calling me:

An ignoramus

A dullard

Arrogant

Close-minded

You would be better served by doing more homework on this topic, including the video you posted.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Sam60]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join